Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She’s pretty close on the S/N, so I’m going to ask for insights on both. I’m sure she’ll love anyway I do it, so let’s avoid those comments. I know some prefer momentous, others like things very intimate; I’m not quite so sure with her. Give me a ball part of the type of proposal (ie: surprise, family around, private dinner, big show), I’m more than creative enough to figure out the rest ;P

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
I proposed to my wife while we were in our bathroom having a smoke.
She is ESFJ. Been together bout 20 years now.

My advice? Think less about what she may want and more about how you
would like to be represented in that moment.

Obviously you may say ..how I would like to is how it is right for her.
But thats not that point. The point is she likes you. She has reasons for this.
To be like her would defeat you as an individual. You be you. You do you well.
Roll with that.

Anything that comes straight from the heart is what matters.
The rest is filler for future stories and bragging rights. Smoke and mirrors;
superficial at best.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I was never proposed to in a fancy way - it just came about. If I had to choose something, I'd love the classic thing where you go to dinner and have the ring delivered with dessert. The one thing I can say is make sure there's time afterwards to go see the family, friends, whoever is around that you know she'd want to tell, because she will want to tell them, show off the ring, etc.

Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
ESFJ
401 Posts
Just going to be honest here. I"m an ESFJ and my husband proposed in a parking lot to me before a road trip. He had this ring burning a hole in his pocket and just couldn't handle waiting another minute. I obviously said yes and was super happy to marry him BUT was that my dream proposal? No way. I don't feel like I can speak for all ESFJ kind...but I do think we like to feel that there was love and thought put into something. Extra bonus if it makes for a GREAT story to tell others later...like your family and friends. The more romantic the better. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money but we do want to feel like you put thought and love into it. I'm sure she'll say yes to whatever you do but if you want her to truly love it then make her feel wooed, special, maybe have someone capture a picture of it so she can always hold onto that moment (nostalgia!) or do something traditional (restaurant, definitely get on one knee) and depending on the girl / relationship with her family go talk to her dad first or whatever traditions she holds dear. I love my husband dearly and the sentiment that spurred him to ask me in that split second, but man to this day years later I wish he could have waited one week for when we would have been on our vacation to Europe and then did it there with my family around. In the end, I find that I don't go out of my way to tell people my engagement story lest they think it's some kind of barometer on the passion / love in our relationship. Plus, it just doesn't make for a great story and I think he caught me by surprise / changed my plans in my head of how it would go down so that took readjusting. Definitely different than what my expectations were. Engaged in your work parking lot... Again, unfortunately ESFJ's care a bit too much about what other's think sometimes. Work in progress.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s done. I proposed just the 2 of us on a special ledge overlooking part of the city that I took her to on the first date. Then we had dinner. My investigation and knowledge of her came to know she didn’t want other people to be present for various reasons. The way I did it was amazing, total surprise; nailed it. There were lots of details, but everything was flawless as it would be, ENTJs are perfectionists ;P

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
It’s done. I proposed just the 2 of us on a special ledge overlooking part of the city that I took her to on the first date. Then we had dinner. My investigation and knowledge of her came to know she didn’t want other people to be present for various reasons. The way I did it was amazing, total surprise; nailed it. There were lots of details, but everything was flawless as it would be, ENTJs are perfectionists ;P
Anddddd let the games begin!!!

hehehehehe

Well done. I am glad you two are finding your way.
I couldnt imagine a world with out my ESFJ and I as a team.
Well I could but it would be not so nice.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Awesome! Congratulations on your engagement and I hope it's the start of a lifetime of love and happiness!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts