Personality Cafe banner

4361 - 4378 of 4378 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,063 Posts
Anyone looked visual typing before? (Figured it might be pointless to make a new thread about it, so i'll post it here since most of you are Betas). I've seen thread about it as a typing method on here before, and most people thought it was wrong, except for a couple of members who suggested that it makes sense that people with the same personalities will look the same.

I went on the socionics forum (in the link) and strangely they use VI a lot there, pretty sure it's their main typing method. The type me threads are often videos of them answering questions. They also made a typing thread where they posted videos of people with specific socionics types, where the OP would type you based on the persons reaction to them, which set of videos were most appealing and which were least (I tried it out of curiosity a while ago, they guessed IEI or SLE for me lol)

The link shows the portraits taken by Filatova of people who were apparently the same type, and they do look uncannily similar. The page said that Filatova didn't actually use VI as well, when photographing. I think using ITR is an interesting way to determine types, but I doubt each type is supposed to have a certain appearance.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Is helping people with their personal issues actually Fi+ and contructivist? Helping people isn't the easiest thing to do, that's why professionals exist.

Could be supervision? IEI isn't a contructivist type so it can't be possible. You do seem like an Ne ego as well, rather than Ni leading.
In that manner it is, yes.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Anyone looked visual typing before? (Figured it might be pointless to make a new thread about it, so i'll post it here since most of you are Betas). I've seen thread about it as a typing method on here before, and most people thought it was wrong, except for a couple of members who suggested that it makes sense that people with the same personalities will look the same.

I went on the socionics forum (in the link) and strangely they use VI a lot there, pretty sure it's their main typing method. The type me threads are often videos of them answering questions. They also made a typing thread where they posted videos of people with specific socionics types, where the OP would type you based on the persons reaction to them, which set of videos were most appealing and which were least (I tried it out of curiosity a while ago, they guessed IEI or SLE for me lol)

The link shows the portraits taken by Filatova of people who were apparently the same type, and they do look uncannily similar. The page said that Filatova didn't actually use VI as well, when photographing. I think using ITR is an interesting way to determine types, but I doubt each type is supposed to have a certain appearance.
Prone to error, because you have to separate the mind from the body. Various physical impairments and disabilities affect the personality, but not the TIM.

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,063 Posts
Prone to error, because you have to separate the mind from the body. Various physical impairments and disabilities affect the personality, but not the TIM.
It's quite easy to tell if someone has disabilities and/or physical impairments though.

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,063 Posts
In that manner it is, yes.
Hmm ok. Do you agree with her approach? What would you do in that situation? o_O

Ever seen Angelina Jolie? She has a weird face. Doesn’t have anything to do with her brain, though.
Haha of course I have. She is thought to be an attractive celebrity though lol.

The Filatova portraits also look weird (especially the gamma photos). Figured it was because they're all Russian or something.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts

This V.I. topic reminds me of something interesting I saw awhile ago. This website here actually tests people's V.I. skills.

Test your V.I. skills

If you haven't tried practicing your V.I skills at this website before, you should totally try out this website.

Oh, it's just so fun to type all the different faces in there.
When typing the faces on there, I'll compare and contrast some of those facial features with the people I know irl.
I tried typing most of the faces on there, and out of all the faces on there, I find it easiest to V.I. the ESFp, probably because I used to know an ESFp in real life, and one of the faces on there actually reminds me a lot of that ESFp that I knew irl, hence I managed to V.I. that face as ESFp immediately, that youthful-looking face with sensory-looking eyes. The ENTp is probably the hardest for me to V.I., I think it took me at least 10 tries before I finally got it correct. And INTp have interesting faces, they have this stern-looking face to them and their eyes have this soulful gaze in it.

Reactions: Wisteria

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,063 Posts
This V.I. topic reminds me of something interesting I saw awhile ago. This website here actually tests people's V.I. skills.

Test your V.I. skills

If you haven't tried practicing your V.I skills at this website before, you should totally try out this website.

Oh, it's just so fun to type all the different faces in there.
When typing the faces on there, I'll compare and contrast some of those facial features with the people I know irl.
I tried typing most of the faces on there, and out of all the faces on there, I find it easiest to V.I. the ESFp, probably because I used to know an ESFp in real life, and one of the faces on there actually reminds me a lot of that ESFp that I knew irl, hence I managed to V.I. that face as ESFp immediately, that youthful-looking face with sensory-looking eyes. The ENTp is probably the hardest for me to V.I., I think it took me at least 10 tries before I finally got it correct. And INTp have interesting faces, they have this stern-looking face to them and their eyes have this soulful gaze in it.
Haha that was quite fun, some of them were just impossible to guess though! I got the SEI, IEI and LSI right away but the others were almost impossible. I started to recognise ILE and ESE though by remembering the last one. Also these faces look so strange, some of them were really creepy.

That's interesting that can you notice a resemblance. I can't type people IRL but none of the portraits look like anyone anyway. INTp/ILI seemed to have the most deadpan look. I also looked at the celebrity page, think ILI was one of the types that looked most like me. Some of the celebrity types seem off though, like Russell Brand is definitely not an EII lol. The LIE was the only image that actually reminds me of someone.

I must be really bad at Visual typing xD seems like something Si egos would be good at, or someone who can notice patterns. Which sucks because I would really like to sketch each type (because I like drawing portraits anyway)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
@Wisteria, @DavidH

I think I'm able to see Fi+ for my type. I value good relations with people, and I like making friends with people and building connections with people, these sort of things tend to come easily for me, and I can also easily tell positive feelings such as feelings of attraction between two people. If someone has romantic feelings toward another person, or if someone likes another person, I can always tell it. And speaking of valuing good relations with people, I recently have to quit my job, and I gave my boss a few months notice in advance (even though the original contract only stated to give a month notice), because I want to leave the place on good terms. I don't like burning unnecessary bridges with people. Whenever I burnt bridges with people, I tend to brood/obsess over it for a long time. So yeah, I can see Fi+ for myself.

But at the same time, I still find myself wondering if I could be Se suggestive, because I tend to appreciate it a lot when people help me with Se-related stuff. I work at a place with lots of kids, and I often find myself having difficulty controlling those rebellious kids, and then I have this colleague of mine who seems Se ego of some sort, she is just so good at controlling those kids, and sometimes when she sees me struggling with those kids, she will help me yell at those kids and help me to control those kids. I just appreciate it so much whenever she does this for me. It seems like I'm weak at Se and I need people to help me out with Se. This is Se suggestive, no?
So you’re bad at Fi+ and like Fi-

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Reactions: sweetrice

·
Registered
97 Posts
I love how this article here says that spending more than 200 hours around a person would make two person become best friends with each other.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/brain-waves/201803/how-do-you-make-or-maintain-friends-put-in-the-time

Put me in the same room with my conflictor and make us spend more than 200 hours around each other and I'm sure we will become enemies with each other by the time those 200 hours are up.
I wouldn't mind watching anime together for 200 hours :3
Who's that in your new avatar? <.<

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I wouldn't mind watching anime together for 200 hours :3
Who's that in your new avatar? <.<
Oh it's just some randoms in my avatar. xD

No idea who's that either, but I'm using that for my avatar as that anime character in my avatar reminds me a lot of myself, she seems to have quite a contemplative side to her and I find myself able to identify with that contemplative side of her personality.

Since she's my kindred spirit, might as well use her as my avatar. xD

·
нånD gяênåDê
3,421 Posts
idk where on these forums to post this, bc it's related to autism (neurotype rather than... psychotype? that's a cool word I'm happy to coin), but i came back to PerC to explore strategies for dealing with my sensory processing issues and dealing with transitioning from one sensory environment to another.

I think this is the only place I've been in the past that would bother offering insights into such head-shrinky nervous system kinda stuff. Anyone know which forum might be appropriate? I think my trouble comes from having sensory processing issues, yea, but I've met other autists who profess to have always been really good at figuring out sensory coping strategies while I literally have to carry around a list of self-stimulation ("stimming"/fidgetting) suggestions to remember my options for coping with aversive sensory experiences.

I haven't studied any typology for about 3 and a half years, but i found this on Socionics, remembering that introverted sensation is one of my weakest and most hard-to-maintain functions:

IEIs may be overly diffident about matters pertaining to their health. Overall, they may have difficulty interpreting the signals of the body and may be inclined to focus excessively on them, possibly leading to alarmist self-diagnoses. They may perceive caring for one's body as a chore rather than a fulfilling activity.
Having been professionally diagnosed as autistic for years now, I no longer an alarmist about sensory dysregulation, but I still have trouble coping with it, in ways that aren't explained merely by autism, so I'm back from PerC retirement to figure out specifically how to develop sensory coping strategies as an intuitive.

I started school again yesterday, and even the lights made things difficult. ��

·
Registered
IEI 417
439 Posts
blah blah blah blaaahhhhhhhh i'm so bored

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
My favorite ESI singer, she has such a nice singing voice.. I just realized that ESIs make really talented musicians?

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
This is one of the most beautiful love stories I've ever seen, a human falling in love with a ghost! Haha, the vengeful female ghost is apparently an IEI, while the human she fell in love with is an SLE.

The female ghost used to be a human in the past, but then she got raped by the guy she liked, and she ended up becoming vengeful toward all men. Then she encountered this devil who decides to help her seek revenge on men, and this is how she became a vengeful ghost. She would kill every men she encounters, this is how vengeful she is.
Until she ended up encountering that SLE guy, then she fell in love with him, and because love changes a person, she's no longer a vengeful ghost anymore, but she has turned back to the path of goodness.

The SLE guy fell in love with her after seeing how much she loves him. He never used to believe that a woman would be able to genuinely love him, but the IEI female ghost managed to show him that a woman is able to genuinely love him, and this is how he ended up falling in love with her, haha.

I especially love the ending part of this love story. The SLE guy loves the female ghost so much that he is willing to follow her into her ghostly world just to be with her, while the IEI female ghost loves him so much that she decides to release him back into the real world. And in the final scene, he bid her farewell and sent her off for reincarnation.

Given that love is a state of being, this is the highest form of love indeed, loving a person so much that your love for them has transcended the need to possess them. :)

4361 - 4378 of 4378 Posts