Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which questions do you ask yourself to make the most rational/pragmatic decision about your career progress, when you are in doubt or at crossroads while "climbing up the ladder"?
Careers are about constant deciding in which way to go - do you usually know this quickly? How to see this more quickly and efficient?
What do you need to decide (do you weight pros and cons, talk to others...)?

Do you usually consider others (what others want) or just yourself? Do you consider your passion - feelings?

I struggle with this kind of decisions and I find ESTJs and XNTJ advices very helpful so I probably lack Te for "serious" business world - all your advices would probably be very helpful to hear.

·
Registered
Enneagram 3w4 ENTJ
59 Posts
Which questions do you ask yourself to make the most rational/pragmatic decision about your career progress, when you are in doubt or at crossroads while "climbing up the ladder"?
Careers are about constant deciding in which way to go - do you usually know this quickly? How to see this more quickly and efficient?
What do you need to decide (do you weight pros and cons, talk to others...)?

Do you usually consider others (what others want) or just yourself? Do you consider your passion - feelings?

I struggle with this kind of decisions and I find ESTJs and XNTJ advices very helpful so I probably lack Te for "serious" business world - all your advices would probably be very helpful to hear.
Benefit of my group first, preferably win wins. Whoever I am interdependent with, I make sure my decision benefits us all as best I can.

In regards to my career path, I don't think it's 100% passion or 100% pragmacy at the moment. I ended up in marketing, sales, and management for a marketing company, which is a funny thing to begin with, but I wouldn't have chosen it by choice before I got into it, and now I realize that I not only love the things I do, I have a natural talent for them as well.

So I think decision making can be looked at as making the best of your current situation but always paying attention to the wants or the passion.

Another example of decision making would be when I joined that entrepreneurial company I had the opportunity to get into another start up and after taking on both jobs my performance at the job that was actually making me money suffered, and so now after refocusing my efforts on just one job, I am making the progress I desire, and so "following my heart" there or my list, was harmful.

I think for career advancement, the highest you can go is the closer you are to and how much you can affect the bottom of the business. This is why sales people and executives (who manage either the sales people or the people that manage the sales people) who are the highest paid people, and who also have the most influence to affect the world positively in a big way.

I think for getting paid more and promoted, it's helpful to realize you agreed to trade your time and energy and effort for wages- but truthfully we trade money for results, and so entering into a discussion with your employer is "I will achieve xyz results above what was asked of me, will you pay me more once I do?" Or something of that nature, and you've got to be improving your skills so that when you achieve those results you can out it on your resume and command a higher price if you were to find a job elsewhere doing the same thing.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts