Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine..just imagine if in life, you were forced to choose between your most ideal career and the person you loved the most in the world. What would you choose?

Feel free to be as subjective and elaborate as much as possible.

Please be honest, don't do any of that internal 'what if someone will think of me as evil' crap.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It depends. By ideal career vs. true love, does the person you love die if you don't choose them, or are they just taken out of your life?

Ahh, but... what the heck. I'd still probably choose true love either way.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Dream career, hands down, since I don't believe in the existence of true love, only temporary love.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I would choose my loved one. Depending on where I'm at, information seeking will be at the cost of anything from my job to my ties to this woman, so I would enjoy it while it lasts. Afterwards..Let the information seeking begin.

Reactions: Lad

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
The career will likely last longer, so I pick that.

Reactions: Rusalka

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
My heart says True Love yet my head wants the career... These days, "true love" is an extremely rare thing and people are only out for a few boinkings in bed and to date the most richest man or most attractive woman... So, maybe I should pick the career.

Tough question. :sad:

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
True love, or even just a chance at it being true love.

Careers are great and I could honestly see myself generally happy in various types of work, although my hearts set on policing. I can still swap around to business or whatever and still be reasonably happy.

Similarly, I hope for the same views from the girl I end up being with. Any girl that, in the end, chooses her career over love, I will immediately write off. I don't say that to scorn anyone on here, but rather just based on my perspective for my needs, which I often neglect 99% of the time, but this is something I'd be adamant about.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should answer my own thread.

Notice I wrote ''most ideal career'' in the question. Anyway, I would choose true love definitely. But in the relationship/marriage, he must allow me room for my own personal individualist growth and at least a moderately good career.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
true love, dont need a second to consider.

even if the concept of "true love" may be murky and all that, i'll happily go with the spirit of the idea.

and, besides, i've never been anything vaguely like a careerist. and i've never had a job that i particularly liked, so... kind of used to that. a lass who loved me would make this *way* easier to deal with : /

Reactions: Lad

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ideal career. I'm more interested in raising children and having lots of money than I am in being in a "true love" relationship.
Wow. I guess we really are opposite types. I have absolutely no interest in raising children or having lots of money. I gotta ask simply because I don't understand, what drives you to want those things?

I'd probably choose true love, but it would have to last, and I'd still have to be able to make the mark on the world that I want, even if my career isn't ideal. Like, my work still really affects many people positively, but I don't get all the credit I want for it, or something like that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I can't decide. I'm debating over selfish vs selfless. My heart screams love, but my head reasons, think of all the people you could reach. What if you were integral to the team who found the cure for a strain of previously fatal brain cancer? And what if, on top of that, you could use all your earnings to be a patron of the arts? Could be Hitchcock, try my hand at directing and even pit myself against the actors in the cliche cameo scene (that would be the one bad part of the movie), And have enough left over for your eco-tree house ranch in Colorado? Horseback riding and hiking every afternoon with many adopted kids, who all turned out to be broken angels that I healed. This is way too rewarding.

With all that in mind, it's star career and spinsterhood for me! Ultimately, I can't risk being insignificant.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I think I change my mind. I choose true love and have a career that's semi rewarding.

I'm not the type to be super into jobs, careers, and money anyway... It's not like I have some super mega dream of becoming something. INFPs are known to be happy in a LOT of different careers, so it's not the end of the world if you didn't become a doctor just because you met someone.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I choose love, only because it says "true love", so I'm assuming this would be the real deal.
If it were just a husband than I would definitely say career.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts