Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I have not posted in a while, I thought I might catalyze discussion. I took a Big 5 personality test on Facebook a while back. It gave an estimated personality type for MBTI based on my results, and correctly evaluated my personality type as ISFJ. So, I was wondering, do other ISFJ's agree with these results:

Openness

This trait refers to the extent to which you prefer novelty versus convention. Approximately 58% of respondents have a lower openness raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is aware of their feelings but doesn't get carried away with their imagination either. You might say that you embrace change when it is necessary while still resisting it when you think it is not, and that beauty is important to you, but it's not everything.

Reflective question: When do you think that tradition is important, and when is it time for change?

Conscientiousness

This trait refers to the extent to which you prefer an organised, or a flexible, approach in life. Approximately 66% of respondents have a lower conscientiousness raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who avoids foreseeable trouble through purposefully planning, and achieves success through persistence. From your responses it appears that you are reliable and prepared for life's challenges.

Reflective question: How do you feel when you are working with someone who is disorganised?

Extraversion

This trait refers to the extent to which you enjoy company, and seek excitement and stimulation. Approximately 16% of respondents have a lower extraversion raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is quiet and somewhat withdrawn. Your answers describe you as someone who doesn't need lots of other people around to have fun, and can sometimes find that people are tiring.

Reflective question: How do you like to spend your spare time?

Agreeableness

This trait refers to the way you express your opinions and manage relationships. Approximately 95% of respondents have a lower agreeableness raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is extremely easy to get along with. Your responses suggest that you would say you are considerate, friendly, generous and helpful and you consider most other people to be thoroughly decent and trustworthy.

Reflective question: Is your co-operative preference ever taken advantage of by others?

Neuroticism (Emotional stability)

This trait refers to the way you cope with, and respond to, life's demands. Approximately 5% of respondents have a lower neuroticism raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is extremely difficult to upset or stress out, since you rarely, if ever, react with negative emotions, and even when you are anxious about something the feeling quickly passes. Based on your responses, you come across as very calm and resilient.

Reflective question: When do your emotions (or lack of emotions) get in the way of good decision making?

Reactions: Tanigi

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
that 95% of the rest of humanity is less agreeable? yes i notice this every time i have to push my way through any mall or walmart.

Reactions: Tanigi

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that 95% of the rest of humanity is less agreeable? yes i notice this every time i have to push my way through any mall or walmart.
Haha, I guess that is one way of looking at it. If I do not have time to myself, I can become intolerant to people's un-agreeableness as well. I was more meaning, though, do other ISFJ's relate with the results I got. Do they feel the like the definitions fit them, and if they took the test, did they get the same results?

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Haha, I guess that is one way of looking at it. If I do not have time to myself, I can become intolerant to people's un-agreeableness as well. I was more meaning, though, do other ISFJ's relate with the results I got. Do they feel the like the definitions fit them, and if they took the test, did they get the same results?
I dont remember taking that particular one. It makes us sound quite a bit neurotic though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I took that test a while back. I got similar results but different percentages. I agree with the test though. I felt it was fairly accurate.

Openness
This trait refers to the extent to which you prefer novelty versus convention. Approximately 24% of respondents have a lower openness raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who dislikes needless complexity, and prefers the familiar over the unusual. You might say that you are more conservative than many, but not to an extreme level, and that you value practical outcomes over flighty imagination.

Reflective question: How do you respond to people who have lots of new ideas?

Conscientiousness
This trait refers to the extent to which you prefer an organised, or a flexible, approach in life. Approximately 66% of respondents have a lower conscientiousness raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who avoids foreseeable trouble through purposefully planning, and achieves success through persistence. From your responses it appears that you are reliable and prepared for life's challenges.

Reflective question: How do you feel when you are working with someone who is disorganised?

Extraversion
This trait refers to the extent to which you enjoy company, and seek excitement and stimulation. Approximately 8% of respondents have a lower extraversion raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is quiet and somewhat withdrawn. Your answers describe you as someone who doesn't need lots of other people around to have fun, and can sometimes find that people are tiring.

Reflective question: How do you like to spend your spare time?

Agreeableness
This trait refers to the way you express your opinions and manage relationships. Approximately 73% of respondents have a lower agreeableness raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who people get along with easily. Your responses suggest that you would say you are considerate and friendly, and think that other people are generally honest and decent.

Reflective question: Is your co-operative preference ever taken advantage of by others?

Neuroticism (Emotional stability)
This trait refers to the way you cope with, and respond to, life's demands. Approximately 92% of respondents have a lower neuroticism raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who tends to be more self-conscious than many. Based on your responses, you come across as someone who can find it hard to not get caught up by anxious or stressful situations. You might say that you are in touch with your own feelings.

Reflective question: When do you not feel in control of your emotions?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I think I got
80% Openness
35% Conscientious
40% Extraversion
54% Agreeableness
81% Neuroticism

So more open, less conscientious, about the same extraversion, somewhat less agreeable, and about the same neuroticism.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I took part in the Big 5 Experiment and these were my results:

Openness : 64%
Conscientiousness : 76%
Extroversion : 28%
Agreeableness : 80%
Neuroticism : 73%

Myers-Briggs Guess : ISTJ Doing what should be done.

Oh dear. I guess I wasn't as emotional as I was supposed to be...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts