Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big Five Personality Test

I'm interested what other ESTP's get on this test. Until this test, I've always gotten ESTP. But this one I got SCUEI which I think roughly translates into ENTP. I guess it's just the wording of the questions is different.

Big Five Test Results

Extroversion||||||||||||||||62%
Orderliness||||||30%
Emotional Stability||||||||||||||||||||90%
Accommodation||||||||||||42%
Inquisitiveness||||||||||||||||||74%

It would be nice to see if other ESTPs get their usual ESTP results or not.

Reactions: Choice

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Extroversion||||||||||||44%
Orderliness||||||26%
Emotional Stability||||||||||||42%
Accommodation||||||22%
Inquisitiveness||||||||||38%

The Big Five is currently the most accepted personality model in the scientific community. This is gonna change a heckuvalot depending on my mood innit. I LAUGH AT THIS SENTENCE.
The Big Five emerged from the work of multiple independent scientists/researchers starting in the 1950s who using different techniques obtained similar results. Those results were that there are five distinct personality traits/dimensions. Here are your results on each dimension:

Extroversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private. EXTROVERSION AND ASSERTIVENESS ARE 2 VERY SEPARATE THINGS. PISS OFF YOU.
Orderliness results were low which suggests you are overly flexible, random, scattered, and fun seeking at the expense too often of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.
Emotional Stability results were moderately low which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.
Accommodation results were low which suggests you are overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense too often of the well being of others.
Inquisitiveness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly small minded, traditional, and conventional at the expense of intellectual curiousity, possibility, and progress. Curiosity is only measured in interest in the theoretical? =.=
Your Global5/SLOAN type is RLUEN
Your Primary type is Egocentric

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Extroversion||||||||||||44%
Orderliness||||||26%
Emotional Stability||||||||||||42%
Accommodation||||||22%
Inquisitiveness||||||||||38%

The Big Five is currently the most accepted personality model in the scientific community. This is gonna change a heckuvalot depending on my mood innit. I LAUGH AT THIS SENTENCE.
The Big Five emerged from the work of multiple independent scientists/researchers starting in the 1950s who using different techniques obtained similar results. Those results were that there are five distinct personality traits/dimensions. Here are your results on each dimension:

Extroversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private. EXTROVERSION AND ASSERTIVENESS ARE 2 VERY SEPARATE THINGS. PISS OFF YOU.
Orderliness results were low which suggests you are overly flexible, random, scattered, and fun seeking at the expense too often of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.
Emotional Stability results were moderately low which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.
Accommodation results were low which suggests you are overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense too often of the well being of others.
Inquisitiveness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly small minded, traditional, and conventional at the expense of intellectual curiousity, possibility, and progress. Curiosity is only measured in interest in the theoretical? =.=
Your Global5/SLOAN type is RLUEN
Your Primary type is Egocentric
So you came up ISTP. I agree, extroversion and assertiveness are two separate things altogether.

MINE:
Extroversion results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

I would say I'm not actually that talkative.

I think my work ethic is actually pretty good and in the type description it said that I don't get things done on time. If it's important, I get it done on time.

Emotional Stability results were very high which suggests you are extremely relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.
Accommodation results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense of the well being of others.

I'm not uncooperative or overly selfish.

Inquisitiveness results were high which suggests you are very intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

I'm practical and not overly theoretical and I don't think I'm more or less imaginative than other people. At times, I'm interested in theory.

Your Global5/SLOAN type is SCUEI
Your Primary type is Calm

I think their interpretations are too extreme, right?

Reactions: Choice

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Big Five Test Results

Extroversion |||||||||||||||| 68%
Orderliness |||||||||| 32%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||||||||||| 84%
Accommodation |||||| 26%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||| 40%

The Big Five is currently the most accepted personality model in the scientific community. The Big Five emerged from the work of multiple independent scientists/researchers starting in the 1950s who using different techniques obtained similar results. Those results were that there are five distinct personality traits/dimensions. Here are your results on each dimension:

Extroversion results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

Orderliness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly flexible, random, scattered, and fun seeking at the expense of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Emotional Stability results were very high which suggests you are extremely relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Inquisitiveness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly small minded, traditional, and conventional at the expense of intellectual curiousity, possibility, and progress.
Your Global5/SLOAN type is SCUEN
Your Primary type is Calm

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
My primary type is calm? Bitch please. The rest is very accurate; I approve of this test. I'll have to look more into it later. But so far, this describes me pretty well:

SCUEN
(2.9% of women; 3.2% of men)
not easily hurt, spends more time in group activities than solitary activities, comes alive at parties and in crowds, not very religious, would not want to give up drinking or smoking, not mystical, not big on science fiction, does not care if people think poorly of them, not very introspective, fits in most places, does not like to go days without speaking to people, likes change, trusting, not very intellectual, underachiever, not easily moved to tears, thrill seeker, does not like to compromise, not apologetic, avoids difficult reading material, relaxed most of the time, likes danger, not punctual, impatient, not upset by the misfortunes of strangers, believes in an eye for an eye, not detail oriented, uninterested in the needs of others, avoids responsibilities, not known for generosity, more dominant than submissive, underachiever, likes crowds, aggressive, willing to take risks, not embarrassed easily, not passionate about improving the world, show off, socially comfortable, acts as they please, not bothered by disorder
edit: I like sci-fi and fantasy (not a hobby,, though. just the movies) and can dive into introspection from time to time

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My primary type is calm? Bitch please. The rest is very accurate; I approve of this test. I'll have to look more into it later. But so far, this describes me pretty well:

edit: I like sci-fi and fantasy (not a hobby,, though. just the movies) and can dive into introspection from time to time
SCUEI is very similar and I got 'calm' too.

SCUEI
(3.3% of women; 5.3% of men)

not afraid of doing the wrong things, does not value rules and regulations, prefers unpredictable to organized, does not accomplish work on time, needs to maintain high levels of excitement, out for own personal gain, not afraid to draw attention to self, more pleasure seeking than responsible, not bothered by disorder, retaliatory, thrives on the rush of risk taking, unpredictable, asks questions that nobody else does, often does not know what they are doing, spontaneous, first to act, not easily hurt, not apprehensive about new encounters, does not readily admit mistakes, not a perfectionist, not apologetic, disorganized, socially comfortable, outgoing, calm in crisis, fearless, atheist/agnostic tendencies, good at getting people to have fun, opinionated, not easily moved to tears, sexually immodest, adventurous, unconventional, aggressive, often late, high energy level, likes the spotlight, ambivalent about the needs of others, worry free, acts without thinking or planning, bad at saving money, selfish
Calm
not easily hurt, rarely if ever loses temper, keeps emotions under control, positive, not prone to envy, rarely sick, self reliant, trusting, stable, sturdy, optimistic, fits in most places, not defensive, likes change, if they were to live life over again they would not change much, content (possibly over content), believes in choice more than fate, good at building things, good at taking advice, does not make enemies, good at fixing things, admits it when they make a mistake, gets along with others, has more desire than fear, motivated, self confident, believes the benefits of freedom outweight then benefits of attachment

1 - 6 of 6 Posts