Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say that I'm a big INTP fan. I always try to figure out what personality type a new friend is, especially if I find them funny or interesting. I seem to be drawn to the INTP's laid back, sarcastic and sometimes even self-deprecating ways. I find myself laughing very loudly at things they say that others haven't picked up on. I enjoy you people and appreciate your abilities to lift my mood when I didn't even know I needed it : )

Feel free to share if other non-INTPs feel the same.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see a lot of people on here that like INTPs and it perplexes me.... I don't ever see that in real life. Maybe we come across better on the internet?
No, no, no. I have three friends who are INTPs (that I know of) and they aren't internet friends : )

·
Registered
988 Posts
How odd. From my experience, the majority of the public hates INTP's.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Even though I am an INTP, I can't understand why anyone else would like us. I seem like a miserable, boring person to be around. Yet my ESTJ boyfriend loves INTPs and is drawn to us. I've been told I'm very magnetic and mysterious and others are drawn to me as well. I find it quite perplexing.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,834 Posts
Hi.

I started a thread asking if I could PLAY WITH YOU ENTPs not so long ago.

I think a lot of us NTPs are somewhere in between introversion and extroversion so we're pretty similar. I think I'm more of SPAZZ ATTACK than most INTPs, most of the time, so I probably fit in with you guys better in some ways.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
I see a lot of people on here that like INTPs and it perplexes me.... I don't ever see that in real life. Maybe we come across better on the internet?
That is a problem I never suffered from. I never came across well until I started antidepressants. They're magic. I'm a different person.

How odd. From my experience, the majority of the public hates INTP's.
Continuing from the above, antidepressants. :tongue:

Tonight I was called both "easy to talk to" and a "smartass" by an ENFJ girl at my college. The others seem to be perplexed but curious about my ways, and I generally get along really well with everyone. I have a talent for causing laughter, I suppose, whether inadvertently or not, so that helps significantly.

Being social, however, doesn't make me an extrovert. I still have my introverted ways of viewing the world, the universe, logical systems, myself, my dreams... and they take precedence over all else.

If ENTPs are the most introverted of extroverts, I've become among the most extroverted of introverts. :wink:

·
Registered
988 Posts
This is perplexing. I've been called a variety of names, but none of them 'mysterious' or 'ingenious,' or anything even vaguely complimentary in popular culture. It's mostly on the side of 'smart-aleck' and 'misanthropic asshole.'

I was called 'calculating' by an acquaintance once, though. I liked it, although I think she intended to insult me. :confused:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just wanted to say that I'm a big INTP fan. I always try to figure out what personality type a new friend is, especially if I find them funny or interesting. I seem to be drawn to the INTP's laid back, sarcastic and sometimes even self-deprecating ways. I find myself laughing very loudly at things they say that others haven't picked up on. I enjoy you people and appreciate your abilities to lift my mood when I didn't even know I needed it : )

Feel free to share if other non-INTPs feel the same.

I have at least one friend who is an ENTP and he would say the exact same thing you did. He's got a great sense of humor and appreciates my comedic styling. Thanks for the love.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Lot of I love INTP threads popping up around here lately which I don't mind one bit. The question I have is where are all you INTP lovers outside the internet? Are all of you closet INTP lovers and afraid of public humiliation and retribution? Are you forced to adhere to some sort of don't ask don't tell policy? Appreciate the kind words but it just doesn't spill over into real life at least for me.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi.

I started a thread asking if I could PLAY WITH YOU ENTPs not so long ago.

I think a lot of us NTPs are somewhere in between introversion and extroversion so we're pretty similar. I think I'm more of SPAZZ ATTACK than most INTPs, most of the time, so I probably fit in with you guys better in some ways.
Ha! Are you saying that ENTPs are "spazz attacks?!" haha This may be true 75% of the time. The other 25% of the time we make sense to the rest of the world.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lot of I love INTP threads popping up around here lately which I don't mind one bit. The question I have is where are all you INTP lovers outside the internet? Are all of you closet INTP lovers and affaid of public humiliation and retribution? Are you forced to adhere to some sort of don't ask don't tell policy? Appreciate the kind words but it just doesn't spill over into real life at least for me.
Well, I'm sorry about that. As I mentioned before, I have three INTP friends (two guys, a girl and actually, my cousin's husband is one and he's hysterical and everyone in the family loves him so that's four). Guess you have to open up your eyes more to what you have. Maybe you don't notice how much people like you. Or maybe that's just an INTP trait overall. The INTP friends of mine are pretty popular, although they probably haven't noticed.

Reactions: thedoctorlies

·
Registered
672 Posts
Oh dear, another INTP appreciation thread, we are really losing our touch guys.:crazy:

No, I've never been hated. Ignored, misunderstood, made the centre of some ridicule, laughed at, laughed with, consulted with....

·
Registered
751 Posts
Lot of I love INTP threads popping up around here lately which I don't mind one bit. The question I have is where are all you INTP lovers outside the internet? Are all of you closet INTP lovers and affaid of public humiliation and retribution? Are you forced to adhere to some sort of don't ask don't tell policy? Appreciate the kind words but it just doesn't spill over into real life at least for me.
We're searching around for you guys, but unable to find you. You guys should look for us too - you're not as disliked as you seem to think.

Also, I couldn't care less about public humiliation or societal standards - they're next to worthless for me. Don't ask, don't tell policy..heh.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Always nice to meet a fan! But I (like most other INTPs who have posted in this thread) am not really meeting any INTP fans in real life... If you all like us so much, why don't you show that appreciation to us in real life? Because that's where we most desire it, making fanboy/-girl threads on the internet is nice but doesn't really mean anything to us... Seems more like people find me irritating or even hate me for being different when I'm not on the internet.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Yeah, I like how INTP's are easy-going and laid-back guys with a goofy nature.
But I really HATE sarcasm. I am prone to sarcasm and cynical comments when I'm angry or mad, or someone has given me reason to essentially target them down and SEEK N DESTROY.

But I really dislike people who are naturally sarcastic without cause.
If you're pissed off, be sarcastic.
If someone's just asking you a friendly question or just wants to compliment you for something, just say "THANKS."

There is an ass around here (who I won't name) that said something similar to following:

Me: "Hey, your style of dressing looks nice."
Them: "OMG... thanks... I have no idea how I could've without knowing that... I mean.. you have no idea."

The proper response? "Oh, thanks."

**sarcastic INTP's stay away** I absolutely hate unnecessary sarcasm. It's so ugly and rude.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I will be signing autographs at the Barns and Noble on Main St between the hours of 5 and 6. Just bring any intelligent works of others that I would be willing to accept the credit for, or produce an alien photo! All proceeds go to my private but non-profit Think Tank for Humanity...

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I will be signing autographs at the Barns and Noble on Main St between the hours of 5 and 6. Just bring any intelligent works of others that I would be willing to accept the credit for, or produce an alien photo! All proceeds go to my private but non-profit Think Tank for Humanity...
:laughing:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts