Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the wee hours of the morning after the ball had dropped and I still had liquid courage in me I chose to take a big step out of my comfort zone. As a ISFJ I am very cautious and self conscious of what others might think of me. Essentially I want EVERYBODY to like me. Living up to such high standards is impossible because no matter what you do or how hard you try the truth is not every single person you meet is going to like you. I know I have met a quite a few people who I didnt like and wanted nothing to do with them. To ring in the new year I sorta outed myself out of the closet on Facebook. I have seventy Facebook friends and 8 coworkers among them. It was definitely a big step out of my comfort zone. Overall the reception Ive gotten has been positive. My worst fears havent been realized and seem to be all in my head. I was really thinking the worst case scenario like I always do. Heck it took me ten years to admit to myself, family and close friends that I wasnt straight after I ran back into the closet when I was 18. I spent the majority of my twentys in denial while being lonely, miserable and hating myself because I was concerned what people might think. Im hoping I can change for the better in 2011 by stepping out of my comfort zone more and work on my flaws.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
You're definitely braver than I am. I wish nothing but the best for you.

Reactions: Marvinteck

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ive been suprised by the responses I have gotten. Here they are:

"Know what ben am I missin something. Happy new year buddy!" "Congratulations!"
I know I'm so happy for him!
Doesn't matter what your orientation is, you're alright in my book.
Yeah, Ben!!
I agree with George's comment above!!
So proud of you Ben
hey man, i know i give you alot of hell at work but if you are out the closet i think thats awesome. and if any one gives you shit about it let me know and ill make them look stupid for you. stay cool ben
Let me know too Ben.....I will F---- with them
You know where i stand on it, my dear friend. You're more than all right in my book!!!!!
You know that you have the WHOLE families support and love Ben. Just keep smiling Ben
Just be WHO YOU are Ben!!
You are who you are. dont change a thing
LOVE & HUGS!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm glad to hear about this Marviteck. When we show others who we really are, we will attract people who love love us for us...not only that, we will be free to be ourselves, thus feel more secure in the relationship.

i'm really happy for you. it won't always be easy because there will be people who will judge you and disapprove of you, but always remember that you did the right thing by telling the truth... As an ISFJ, although people sometimes see as us weak, we are strong because we are self-aware, disciplined, and we push through our weaknesses and fears.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts