Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If my distribution company takes off, I’m gonna buy a cls63 amg and install the renntech 790hp package and a 911 turbo s with this package:

plus do the suspension and brakes on both cars.

Reactions: Leviticus Cornwall

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
If my distribution company takes off, I’m gonna buy a cls63 amg and install the renntech 790hp package and a 911 turbo s with this package:

plus do the suspension and brakes on both cars.
Great choice on the CLS. Fantastic cars that are often over looked.

I’m pretty much exclusively a Mercedes and Porsche guy so I agree with your selection! (However I tend to prefer things a little bit older ;) )!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
How to spot a dumb entrepreneur? The first money they get, they spend on a car/house/clothes/trip/hookers/blow or something similar. The key word is spend, they dont invest it.

From an individual perspective, buying a car that is expensive to buy, own and maintain is extremely detrimental because youre greatly reducing the resources available to you. If your goal is to be as successful as possible then I would struggle to see how such a purchase could be justified.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
How to spot a dumb entrepreneur? The first money they get, they spend on a car/house/clothes/trip/hookers/blow or something similar. The key word is spend, they dont invest it.

From an individual perspective, buying a car that is expensive to buy, own and maintain is extremely detrimental because youre greatly reducing the resources available to you. If your goal is to be as successful as possible then I would struggle to see how such a purchase could be justified.
For some of us, we would be content never producing anything if nice cars didn’t exist. I will spend a lot of my money on vehicles. I will do so because to me the discount rate of time is not worth it. Owning the vehicles I want before they get to expensive or god forbid outlawed is a priority. These assets appreciate and make them worse than investment but on part with other less liquid forms of savings. This makes them reasonable without even considering their functionality, then you dig deeper and consider that a man or woman’s car is as important as their best attire. The hedonistic and utilitarian value of a well made automobile is unprecedented.

I work hard because I want to own a certain set of cars amongst other things. To consume rather than invest considering the factors above is basic rational utility maximization.

It’s important to remember in general both on a small and large scale, consumption is the goal, not output. In a national scale the savings rate should not be so high that there is no consumption even if this means maximum output. Instead the savings rate should be set to maximize consumption. Something far lower than 100% (generally considered to be near 1/3)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts