Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bill O'Reilly appears to be ISFJ, so can someone verify? Thank you.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I had heard ESTJ, but yeah ISFJ may be correct. ESTJ never seemed all that right to me.

ISTJ could also be right. I sort of get the idea that his Fe facial expressions are just acting.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
ESTJ for sure. He is no way in hell a feeler. He's known for being careless with the feelings of others (not saying all Te dominants are bad like him, but if you get typology, you'll get my drift).

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
I would discount ISFJ on the basis of him appearing to lack Fe if you give a sweep over more clips of him, or if you've ever actually sat down to watch his show. His more ... black-and-white tirades appear to be Te infused with inferior Fi.

Reactions: JungyesMBTIno

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ESTJ, I believe. Definitely lacks Fe, notice how he never seems to give a damn about how his guests feel if they disagree with him? He simply out yells them if they state something he doesn't agree with and don't give a crap how awkward it is. With this, I think his Te is dominant to his Fi. From the shows, I don't see much Se at all, mostly Si... leaving it to Ne as the tertiary or inferior.

My dad's an ESTJ also. He argues in the same exact manner.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
More generally speaking, he's just way too dry to be a feeler. Once again, thinkers can choose not to come off this way to an extent, but really, I've never heard of a dry feeler in my life, lol.

Reactions: koalaroo

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The way O'Reilly expresses himself is evident of Fe-Ti, and you can contrast his expressions and tonal usage with that of Marilyn Manson, who uses Te-Fi. The reason for his "tough" appearance is entertainment, and it is an image he puts up on his conservative television show.

O'Reilly's personality is similar to that of Papa John, another ISFJ:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
... that would imply that he uses Ti over Te, and I think Te is very evident in him, if anything. His tone and expressions have more to do with temperament and can differ even if two individuals are using the same cognitive functions.

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
We've explained the lack of Fe in Bill O'Reilly's style of argumentation with his guests. It's a style of Te-Fi argument (particularly inferior Fi) that rears up as black-and-white thinking.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We've explained the lack of Fe in Bill O'Reilly's style of argumentation with his guests. It's a style of Te-Fi argument (particularly inferior Fi) that rears up as black-and-white thinking.
"Black-and-white thinking" might be more related to having dominant Si.

After careful consideration, Bill O'Reilly might actually be ISTJ, which is the same as that for Harrison Ford.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hm, interesting, why do you think so?
SJ, or those with high Si, prefer things that are concrete or exact, while shying away from ambiguities. People with high intuition work better with limited information by drawing inferences.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
SJ, or those with high Si, prefer things that are concrete or exact, while shying away from ambiguities. People with high intuition work better with limited information by drawing inferences.
makes sense. Though his Te probably helps further bold this Black and White thinking than in Fe's

1 - 20 of 60 Posts