Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone else out there that has this disorder? I am interested in hearing about your experiences. I was recently diagnosed and I am interested in the topic

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I do not have Bipolar disorder, but I have other mood disorders - Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
This can put me into weird mood changes without me even knowing it's happening. I can just have a depersonalization episode thing and I just withdraw.

I also have comorbid OCD >.<, so that sucks. pretty much mood is more affected by unseen factors, like germs or something and that can put me in some low mood, etc.

But I guess I can't relate as much as that to the bipolar side of things.

Also, how were you recently diagnosed? GP or psychologist's review? It's always good to get a more accurate diagnosis from a psychologist. I remember my GP misdiagnosed me with ADHD, and this disorder was ruled out by my psychologist.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually in a mental hospital a little more than a year ago and the psychiatrists diagnosed me. I was doing some crazy stuff and it was a really bad time, but I felt great. I was experiencing what they call a "manic episode."

But that's interesting, withdrawing. I wonder how much mood disorders affect what your personality type is.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Maybe you're confusing bipolar with being surrounded by morons and assholes. These people are like blood suckers, they will make you laugh one minute, cry the next. My suggestion would be to check out the company you keep, it could solve all your problems, true story, lol.:ninja::shocked::laughing::kitteh:

( silly switch )..All serious/crazy silly..according to Jung:cool:...

On a serious note, sorry to hear you've been diagnosed. Fi would make you withdraw, you wouldn't need to have bipolar to feel the effects Fi has on us.....check out, zone out, head in clouds, or just completely introverted for awhile.

Take good care of yourself, hugs :kitteh:

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I have Bipolar. Intially they thought it was type two, but after being in hospital, I was diagnosed with type one. I'm still not convinced though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was diagnosed with bipolar type 1 around the age of 15 and I recently turned 30. My prior diagnosis was schizophrenia when I was 13. It’s definitely not an easy life. Sometimes I wonder is it the ENFP personality type that makes us easier to have bipolar or if the bipolar shapes us into an ENFP. I used to go to church very regularly and was heaps into it. After being in hospital for the whole of Jan 2017 when suffering from psychosis (as a result of tapering off anti-psychotics - which I do not recommend), I decided to quit church. I still believe in a higher power/infinite intelligence but my life is a lot more simpler without the social bullshit (gossip) from going to church. If anyone is looking for support or wants to chat, feel free to send me a message. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
567 Posts
I’m an INFP...but I’ve had experience with it myself as well as with others. Though I was diagnosed with Bipolar type 2 but a rapid cycler. However, I have two psychiatrists and one thinks I have it am the other thinks I probably don’t. Regardless, I did have the manic and depressive episodes.

OP, what symptoms and such are you experiencing, if you don’t mind me asking?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I don't have any disorders in medical context but there were times I thought ENFP is prone to them almost by design :) Had mood swings with high amplitude when I was younger, also once had depression approx 15 years ago. Seems that it all becomes easier and more stable with age and life experience. Also changes in diet (eating as little sugars and other carbs as possible) seemed to reduce those mood swings for me to a level where I rarely fall into negative part of the spectrum.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I definately have Bipolar (type 1), despite what I said above. I have had 3 episodes now with 2 resulting in hospital visits. Hopefully there won't be any more, but the last one came out of nowhere, so who knows?

·
Registered
15,786 Posts
No I don't have bipolar nor do I get mood swings, I'm more laid back then everyone that I know. Highly doubt cognitive functions deals anything with bipolar

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts