Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes? No? Should it be expected from your partner if it is your special day?

I was denied last year by my partner on my birthday and I'm still pretty damn upset about it. Perhaps me lying naked in bed with him wasn't enough of a hint? I got a kick ass gift though. But still, I would take the sex over the gift any day.

Is it me? Or isn't there some unspoken rule about our partner's duty......

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would hope to get it on my birthday, just like I hope not to be working on my birthday, it's just one of those things that I expect, maybe I'm wrong though?:crazy:
Yeah. Okay. But would deny your partner sex their birthday? I would never in a million years. I make sure my partner is always well-fed.

As I got older, I stopped taking the day off for my bday. I don't want to sit around all day waiting to see who doesn't call me. I'd rather work.

I never make the mistake of "expecting" anything. That's just wrong.
You're right. It IS wrong. I don't expect anything either. Except sex on my birthday. :angry:

I mean, why be in a relationship if you can't have sex on your birthday? So many people are willing to give it to you on your birthday. Forced birthday celibacy is just wrong, wrong, wrong......

·
Registered
602 Posts
You're right. It IS wrong. I don't expect anything either. Except sex on my birthday. :angry:
hahaha. no i totally agree, i mean i wouldnt really get upset if i didnt get it but i would definitely hope for it. and same goes the other way around, if its her birthday id never deny it and id make sure she has an awesome day :wink:

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
If it could be a contractual obligation I think I'd write it in.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
No. You should not expect it. Your birthday is yours, yet the relationship isn't. If your partner is not in the mood you probably wouldn't force sex on him/her any other day of the year i hope?

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
I don't think anyone should ever feel obligated to have sex, no matter what day it is, but I think if a couple felt comfortable enough with the idea, then it can be a good part of their relationship.

I wouldn't expect sex on my birthday simply because it was my birthday, and I wouldn't want her or him to feel obligated - and I hope they wouldn't me to feel obligated either.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
My friends are always the same house on my birthday and just to commemorate old times we'd all sleep in one big room in my best mate's house, so sex is out of question :(

I did however manage to get my ex girlfriend, on my 16 birthday to...arouse me under the covers. She stopped immediately and the next day she told me she 'didn't want me to make noise'....-__-

That would've been a great memory.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No. You should not expect it. Your birthday is yours, yet the relationship isn't. If your partner is not in the mood you probably wouldn't force sex on him/her any other day of the year i hope?
You are so not invited to my birthday party. :sad:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
You are so not invited to my birthday party. :sad:
Fine. I'll make my own party, with BBQ and blackjack and hookers. In fact forget the blackjack and hookers...mmm BBQ...

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Yup =D 10char

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.