Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has a bit of insight to offer, I'd appreciate it....12 year old ENFJ son has just got the brush-off from his first girlfriend, seemingly for being a little too intense. He is devastated and has spent enough time begging her to still be his friend that all of her friends have told him to go away as well. Previously they were a very close bunch and he now feels he has no buddies. Bit of a disaster for him as having been bullied in his previous school this bunch of friends had given him a lot of affirmation over the last year. Now he's feeling the victim again.

Can't really do much except give him lots of Mum-hugs, but do any of you kind ENFJ adults have any advice to offer the poor lad?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Sure... I was bullied at that age. I was always outgoing but at the same time I was always overlooked.Here I what I learned have him write a list of things he wants to accomplish goals through the school year and at home. It would been a fun list of cool things he wants to achieve. I think that happiness rubs off and people are attracted to that. When he starts having people joining in. He will start taking the lead in things and those kids will notice. Reinforce him to be his own person. Tell him school is nothing like life after school and just be happy to be himself. It gets better. I would being willing to be a ENFJ mentor.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's really kind. We'll start with the list.

From what I can observe, growing up with Fe seems to be all about putting out all of your love and deep feelings and getting them stamped on, and it looks kind of sore.....:sad:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Kinda.. but not really.. I wear my emotion on my sleeve, but l like typology you have to learn about others and make it work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts