Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have interests and hobbies that are considered strange by your peers?

For example, I'm a 20 year old female, and I like all the normal 20-year-old stuff (like surfing, travelling etc) but I also like:

- Reading about torture throughout history
- Singing opera/musicals (I performed as Christine in a Phantom of the Opera performance...just locally, but people who know me thought that was amusing)
- Classical music
- Reading about diseases/parasites/worms
- Learning languages as a hobby
- Fencing...at least in high school. :crazy: I'm such a nerd.

What about you! What're your hobbies that make people go "wtf? LOL"

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Classical music is considered bizarre? Well, I play classical guitar and I happen to really love classical, romantic, and baroque music :mellow:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sex - Fun, education, practical, and sometimes hands-on!
Personality Cafe - Studying people is pretty bizarre.
Political Visions - Dreaming for less conflict.
Programming - To enhance my visions and possibilities.
Love - Finding people to share your world with.
Longevity - Finding ways to reduce stress and live the way I want to.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Collecting Erotica, Collecting Buddas, Collecting CDs(I have over 500 eargasms),Collecting sarcastic T-shirts. I don't think any of it's really weird though.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Classical music is considered bizarre? Well, I play classical guitar and I happen to really love classical, romantic, and baroque music :mellow:
Yeah, in my circle of friends. I think most of my friends are ESxP though, so...

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Just being me is a hobby in itself.

I used to do 24-hour motorcycle rides. My personal record is just under 1400 miles. I've also been involved with fencing, MMA, poetry slams, various protest groups, writing and recording music, and a lot of home projects I probably shouldn't have taken on.

My ENTP g/f used to make chain mail (like medieval armor). That was before she started going to random AA and Al-Anon meetings just as an observer. Lately she's been getting into canning and knitting. Oh, she's a bull-fighter too.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
She sounds cool.

I tell stories and deconstruct myths. Read about anything and everything. Do far too much roleplaying for a middle aged woman (no, not LARP, that's a step too far). Have done all sorts over the years. Met my husband at a fencing class......

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just being me is a hobby in itself.

I used to do 24-hour motorcycle rides. My personal record is just under 1400 miles. I've also been involved with fencing, MMA, poetry slams, various protest groups, writing and recording music, and a lot of home projects I probably shouldn't have taken on.

My ENTP g/f used to make chain mail (like medieval armor). That was before she started going to random AA and Al-Anon meetings just as an observer. Lately she's been getting into canning and knitting. Oh, she's a bullfighter too.
Oh yeah! Motorcycles. I used to love to take long highway rides...until I had to sell her. :-/ Oh and another for me...dog sledding. Wow. The ride and the dogs are incredible. Gotta do it again sometime...

Armor and bullfighting? Your g/f sounds :cool:

·
Banned
998 Posts
I'm really into learning new social techniques/tricks.
I like studying sociopaths since i find them fascinating.
I have a big interest in business, and am always open to non-conventional ways to get ahead.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Finding the weridest music.
Finding the craziest movies.
Coming up with plans to kill people in mass and get way scotch free.
Researching drugs and reading trip reports.
Running pell-mell through a forest, preferably at night with out a trail.
Trying to combine and epitomize a Renaissance man.

I'll have many more bizzare hobbies once I move out.

·
Registered
733 Posts
-Studying personality types (turns out its uncommon outside of here)
-Hunting INFJs for further study
-Teaching my new kitten tricks like walking with a leash and when she's big enough, using human toilets
-Computer case modding
-Convincing people that the nine to five grind is the devil's trap.
-Plotting an escape from said trap.
-Collecting funny random images from the Internet like LOLCats

·
Registered
364 Posts
Juggling
Stilts
Personality Typing (lets face it when your on a forum daily for it thats weird)
Amatuer Dramatics (Mainly musicals)
obsessively researching sleep patterns
obsessively researching happiness from a biochemical point of view
Trying to get into long distance running hopefully into ultrarunning

Then again I also:
Play guitar
Read books
Play lots of Video Games
Watch DVDs

So who knows!?!?!

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
Yeah, in my circle of friends. I think most of my friends are ESxP though, so...
I get that. I have a similar situation where many of my friends (ESxPs and ESTJs) consider almost everything I do unusual. "You read fanfiction? Say what?" It's all good, though. Your hobbies don't seem particularly odd, either.

Anywho, here are some things people tease me/make comments about:

- Watching cartoons
- Listening to non-mainstream music (music in foreign languages, instrumental, etc.)
- Typology to the extent that I take it
- Reading and writing fanfiction
- Playing video games (girls don't play video games, pshaw)
- Educating myself on random topics via the interwebs ("Why do you know so much about sex? o_O")

·
Banned
359 Posts
My bizzare hobbies can be tracked by bizzaire google searches i make.

many times i did find internet insufficient for the information i am looking for but it does exist in rare corners.
So that's is quite bizarre i often tend to look for things people normally dont.

My peers sometimes perceive me as nerdish. I have fun in things which is so booooring to my friends - i mean technical stuff.

And i dont have fun in many things which people generally enjoy.

Sometimes i wonder there is some bizarre in my wiring. But the best part is i love the way i am. And i feel quite lucky and thank whatever god or parents for being the way i am.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I do Renaissance Faires. Apparently that's weird.

Reactions: dagnytaggart

·
Registered
116 Posts
I write TV shows and movies. I record music. I collect vinyl. Lately I've been designing a custom suit, and I intend to make it.

Reactions: EvanR

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wargame....
I visit civil war battlefields for HOURS just looking ...
I trying to learn the tao
I am reading up on Napoleon's 1812 Russian Campaign

Lots More ....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts