Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
There's always tragedy. Control? Not much. Kind of like the uhh.... don't think of an elephant thing, you know?

Reactions: nonnaci

·
Registered
950 Posts
If I just put my head down? Nothing. The only time my imagination takes over is as I wake up, and then it usually features various elements of previous or future situations, and I for the most part can just sit back and let it happen, but can put effort in to choose certain paths, in order to see their outcome, which is usually fairly accurate. Apparently my subconsious is a genius, as the results are nearly always fairly true. As such, my imagination? Limited to reality, I'm afraid.

Reactions: nonnaci

·
Registered
332 Posts
I usually imagine music, in my mind. Imagining the sounds and feeling.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I`m a xxTP now but were ISTP for a longtime. I have a vivid imagination. I daydream as soon as I find some free time: before sleep, after waking up, in class, metro, bus .... everywhere that I`m alone & quiet. In outdoors, I often imagine funny situations & conversations in the past (that can make me laugh for no appearant reason in eyes of strangers). But in privicy I think of people & their behaviour. If I`m in love with someone, I imagine him too.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Oh I dubble posted it. I`m editing the second one bcs I didn`t find out how to delete it:tongue::tongue:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't really imagine visual stuff, or even anything to do with emotion. It's normally music; either me playing, or me remembering a piece and playing back in my mind, as I had an mp3-player plugged in. Can anyone else do that (recall music)?

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
When I'm alone from other people there tends to be a voice in my head which is constantly turned on and constantly thinking about this that and the other - sometimes it relates to something in my life, sometimes it's just something completely random.

It loves problem solving, especially that concerning motivations behind other peoples actions. Other than distracting myself with another task, it is near impossible to turn off. I suppose you could say that it's both my best friend and my own worst enemy.

Reactions: Aquc

·
Registered
398 Posts
Lots of suffering and screaming. It's always based on how I feel on my last major event. The event was that I lost my dad.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't think I imagine much. But I think of the different possibilities that can happen, and think of what would happen if the situation came true. But I do have some of the weirdest, scary as heck dreams. Such as this morning, I imagined driving my mom's car to a ghetto area, thinking I should park there cuz there won't be any parking space once I get into the downtown area of a city. So I parked on the residential ghetto, it's dark, and I exit the car. I lock it, start walking towards downtown area, and I walk 30 feet away from the car, see/sense a dark figure 15 feet ahead of me, walking in the direction of the car, and I'm worried he might kidnap me. So I quickly ran towards my car, and he's chasing me as well. I unlock the car, open the door and lock it. I don't know if I was able to enter the car quick enough, so I replay the scene where I run, enter and lock my car. Once in the car, the man thumps on the window. I'm not worried about him trying to break in through the window because I know car windows are tough. I decide to forget about buying bakery bread from downtown, and decide to drive back home via freeway. But there's no way I can leave without hitting the scary person, so I drive over part of his body. T-T

Oh, and before I parked in the ghetto area, I had to get there via freeway. I'm scared of driving with the radio or music on, because I would become distracted from driving. I barely pay attention to the road when my parents talk as I drive. So as I was driving on the freeway, I was thinking about disliking the radio turned on while driving, and I began to drift slowly into the other lane. I almost hit a truck. It scares me to do anything but think of driving.

Do my dreams scare any of you?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a very prolific visual imagination, so... lots and lots of things, and a good amount of precision (not enough, that become evident when I try to put it on paper).
It depend on what I have been watching or listening to, or what mood I'm in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
when i was a kid playing i would act make impressions, any mistakes i made saying the wrong word being clumsy, i would try to make reasons why to everyone else the mistake was all part of the plan i guess thats how i tap my imagination
Im going to improv theatre now and trying to dust off them old skills improv is really hard

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't really imagine visual stuff, or even anything to do with emotion. It's normally music; either me playing, or me remembering a piece and playing back in my mind, as I had an mp3-player plugged in. Can anyone else do that (recall music)?
I can, for the most part. I can't usually remember a whole song perfectly, but what I do remember I can play over and over in my head as if it was actually playing.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
My mind is constantly going much in the sense that a flywheel does.

Most of the time said imagination is relegated to the musical realm. Unless I am either purposely picturing shit and whatnot, other than for music, I have to be laying down or sleeping. If I do dream they get weird as fuck sometimes. The last time I had one of those was the day I decided to take a nap after getting laid off. Not fun when people limbs and heads just stretch out and detatch, spraying blood all over the place without them dying and they basically act like you would think things do in some of the exorcism movies (only reason I related them to that, my family loves watching them, dunno why.

·
Registered
162 Posts
When I'm alone from other people there tends to be a voice in my head which is constantly turned on and constantly thinking about this that and the other - sometimes it relates to something in my life, sometimes it's just something completely random.

It loves problem solving, especially that concerning motivations behind other peoples actions. Other than distracting myself with another task, it is near impossible to turn off. I suppose you could say that it's both my best friend and my own worst enemy.
same here, the only time i wish i could turn it off is at night, but instead it just runs rampant and keeps going on and on about everything you can imagine. sometimes keeping me up for hours. not entirely sure but i think its just add

Reactions: Falling Leaves

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've gone a bit soft recently so now I have this tendency to conjure up romantic scenes, or emotionally powerful moments with me in them. The worst thing is that its like I'm practising what I can say to get the best reactions and trying to understand how everyone feels at a given moment... I can't help but feel I'm practising manipulation.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a pretty good imagination. There are times when I can't picture anything but when it's just me and it's quiet, I automatically start talking to people. They'll talk back, ask questions stuff like that :p It can be nice sometimes but it can also take up a lot of time and sometimes won't let me sleep which is when it's very annoying. Typically I feel like I really don't have control over what I imagine beyond what my part in the "picture" does. Sometimes I do. But I would say it's pretty low control over what's going on in my imagination, bordering into a dream like at night.

I have to say, I have some awesome dreams (at night). I know everyone thinks their dreams are the weirdest, but I have some pretty interesting ones haha.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts