1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
let's say for example
you're trying to reach a specfic emotion
and your environment somehow blocks you from accessing that
and how do you manage to still access that emotion??

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
How does the physical do that to the emotional? And how could it stop you from using your mind. I think you need to do a little more detailing on what you are asking. It doesn't make much sense.

·
Banned
162 Posts
i can never seem to find the answer within myself until my environment has changed or someone that i care about says something clever that uplifts my spirits. my emotions tend to control me instead of the other way around. this is something i have been working on quite a lot lately. it gets a little frustrating at times knowing that i do not react well in what i would consider a volatile situation.

·
Registered
630 Posts
My emotions don't have limits (apart from the emotion's nature itself). As for the environment blocking me, I break through it although that is not necessary as the environment is built up on my emotions, so it always acts according to them. But most of the time, the 'environment' is this case is the mind, not the physical world, in case someone missed this point. It is more like letting go of fear.
To recall an emotion and reproduce it you simply have to use your introverted intuition, that's why INFJs are so emotional after all.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'd probably detach from my emotions. When making a decision, I try to look at all the different angles with emotions in present or detached. I'd control my emotions, too.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I can switch between happiness... sadness... and anger very easily.

Just sitting here. One of the upsides of dealing with intense emotional reactions throughout my life is taht I have very good control of them. It's kind of like inception... first you need to realize that the emotions aren't real.

Don't call me a sociopath, but I activate genuine sadness any time that I request turning in a paper late or re-doing a test to my professor. I call it the "puppy eyes" xD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts