Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed lately how much bodily tension I have.
I've been trying to find ways of dealing with it.
Earlier I always thought that relaxation was the key,
I'm still of the opinion that it is, but in a rather counter-intuitive way.

What I've found is that when I relax and try to make my muscles let go of tension.
Some areas of the body gets a need to tense even more up.
It is like the more I let go, the more tension manifest.
Almost like a tension potential existed in the muscles
and me letting go of conscious control, gave the muscles the opportunity to manifest it

To me it looks like relaxation lets all the energy that would be mobilized in anger,
can be dispelled in a physically tensed up, but mentally calm way.
That the potential for acting out isn't at base connected to negative feelings.
It is just a surplus of energy that can be used for arbitrary tension.
By doing these tension trials, I expereince a shift in my outlook.

Now to warn people, at first I had major outburst and stuff.
It was like me letting out the energy steam,
opened up for me to become conscious of a lot of repressed stuff I had forgotten.
Just figured I'd post this to see if anyone relates,
or have different takes on what is going on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, thanks for your post.

What's the tension trials means? How do you do the relaxation? Some kind of meditation, physical relaxation?

I am starting to become aware of anger, and physical tension, i can feel the tension in parts of my body, while mentally i can be calm.

When i feel frustated, i feel that releasing anger when i am alone is useful. Just use anger alone not towards others. And use it not on a negative way, but positive way. I just yell at myself first, let the anger flow out. Than i just use it a more controlled, focused way. I say things like: "I can do it" "I am tired of being negletful to myself" "of being lazy". Releasing this anger makes much more determined, focused and more like a 3. Gives more confidence.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I know what you mean. My anger and stress manifest themselves in my body even when I'd deny I'm under great stress and am handling it. I have ground my teeth, I get knots in my neck, I even get an excema flare up on my elbow. It's very real. I find exercise helps but it's *reeeaaaally hard* to make myself do that.

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,867 Posts
I wonder, if there something that might be useful to release this anger/tension from the body. Like Ioga or Pilates.
As the gut type out of touch with our gut physical activity is the best way to release tension imo.

Working out, swimming, riding or just walking in nature are all great options. I think meditation/relxation can be a trap for 9s as we can tune out as opposed to focus but things like yoga for introverts or tai chi for extroverts can be very grounding and stop the stress fight/fight reaction.

Reactions: Marvin the Dendroid
1 - 5 of 5 Posts