Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Enneagram type is 7w6, heart type is 4w5 but I'm having an issue determining my body type.

Maybe I'm not asking myself the right questions but when I asked myself which I'd rather gave: control or peace, I'd say peace. I noticed that conflict bothers me so much that I will become confrontational with anyone who refuses to 'solve' issues with me right away. I don't like knowing others have issues with me and if they are too stubborn to talk it out & in my eyes, they have no good reason for carrying on an issue, I'll resort to cussing them out, violence ...and then I'll just block them out of my life.. I might even wait a few months and come back and apologize over and over until they are willing to compromise.

However, I am extremely reactive and would NEVER back down from a fight. I just think it would need to be for a good reason as in there's literally no other solution. I don't like being controlled, sure...but I think I'd conform only for the sake of chill & maybe try to break the rules on the low low if I knew I'd get away with it.

I am having a tough time deciding between 8w9 & 9w8 because I know I hate conflict but people claim I come across aggressive asl. So, that confuses me..

Reactions: Smolder

·
Registered
275 Posts
Actually if I'm honest you sound 8w7 in your fix more than anything else.
Hating conflict may be more the result of the fact you're a 7, and 7s as far as I know prefer not to deal with unpleasant situations. My neighbor is 7 with a 9 fix and I mean she's 7w8 but, 9 times of ten she will usually run from a conflict or prefer to try and resolve things peacefully.
My mother is 9 with a 7 fix and I should confirm it's not like "all nines run from conflict" it's more like they need a harmonious environment and are unaware of their anger building up until it explodes outwards, and I mean EXPLODES. Or they tend to act passive aggressively but I think that's more dependent on wing.
The preoccupation with other people and their issues, as well as the fact it bothers you so much and it's not easy for you to dismiss also doesn't seem to really indicate the vice of apathy being present.
You mentioned as well you're very reactive. 8 and 4 is double reactivity so that could explain why you're so reactive. If you were 7 and 9 I'd expect to see double positivity and less reactivity.

Of course, I only have this post to go to go on. But a nine wouldn't just be less confrontational, they would also be much less bothered to the degree you describe. Helps to look at vices, rather than the superficial questions though, they give more insight I think.

Reactions: Smolder

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ahahahahahaha yes I feel that 8 vibe for sure lol, the way you talk about peace here is sooo funny :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts