Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I've dipped my hands into Bonsai trees recently.

Anyone else have a tree transformation they would like to share?

Advice is always appreciated from experts as well.

Here is my tini tiny tree transformation: Left, before wiring. Right, After wiring and trimming.

It has a lot of branches growing out of the same place in the trunk but it's so young, I'd like to see which ones are the strongest.

IMG_20200707_004940.jpg

·
Administrator
13,615 Posts
Hello all!

I've dipped my hands into Bonsai trees recently.

Anyone else have a tree transformation they would like to share?

Advice is always appreciated from experts as well.

Here is my tini tiny tree transformation: Left, before wiring. Right, After wiring and trimming.

It has a lot of branches growing out of the same place in the trunk but it's so young, I'd like to see which ones are the strongest.

View attachment 866595
It reminds me of a miniature Christmas tree.

Did you grow it from seed? How long does it take to grow that big?

I've never tried Bonzai, but I've thought about it. I saw some people make wisteria Bonzai, but it looks difficult.

Nice work! Looks good!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It reminds me of a miniature Christmas tree.

Did you grow it from seed? How long does it take to grow that big?

I've never tried Bonzai, but I've thought about it. I saw some people make wisteria Bonzai, but it looks difficult.

Nice work! Looks good!
Thanks!

The majority of Bonsai trees are started as clippings.

I'd say, this is a clipping from a mature tree ( I got it from Flowerland for 5 dollars).

From seeds, it can take as long as three years from planting the seed to being able to manipulate the plant as a Bonsai.

Here is a cool link that I found.

But, as seen here, a trip to your local plant nursery can get a good looking starter tree.

Reactions: WickerDeer

·
Administrator
13,615 Posts
Thanks!

The majority of Bonsai trees are started as clippings.

I'd say, this is a clipping from a mature tree ( I got it from Flowerland for 5 dollars).

From seeds, it can take as long as three years from planting the seed to being able to manipulate the plant as a Bonsai.

Here is a cool link that I found.

But, as seen here, a trip to your local plant nursery can get a good looking starter tree.
That is cool--I didn't know you had to manipulate the plant with wires, but I guess it makes sense.

My mom always had cacti in pots, which sort of reminded me of bonsai.

It's amazing--the morphology of trees.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Lovely! I had one 2 years ago but eventually, I gave it away, it's very relaxing to just take a chair and sit in front of this tree and cut a bit, letting everything else go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts