Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please share the books that have helped you INTJs on your personal growth. This could be regarding knowing yourself more, understanding or developing your cognitive functions, understanding how the world works, becoming more productive, managing time, or any other topic.

I'm interested in knowing what books have changed your mindset positively and in what way. Do you feel like you've changed since you read the book? Is it a one time read or do you return to it from time to time?

Any additional information about how the book has affected you, and to which type of person you would recommend it would be great.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Seeing that you have bolded some text, being more Conscientious seems to be a priority of yours. In my experience, reading often serves as a form of procrastination to actually implementing any desired change.

Really the single best thing you can do for productivity is to embrace the daily use of an agenda. As a procrastinator, I have a love-hate relationship with agendas. I am never as productive as I can be with one. I strongly advise buying an agenda that displays 3-4 days per side of a page for ample writing space, some multi-colour pens (about an assortment of 10), and construct yourself a key assigning colours to things you want to do regularly. These colours can then be used to mark next to the date what you have done as you do them. This helps you visualise your progress at a glance, and the shorthand saves you a lot of space for other notations. The initial goal is to make each week more colourful than the last so week 1 can be just 1 mark. Continue this process until you've built a sort of backlog bedrock. After this the goal changes to select a primary task that must be done every day no exceptions. The success that is a constant backlog of doing something should be all the pressure needed to sustain that momentum. Again, this system works exceptionally well with someone who is fairly visually-oriented. Pressure can be further enhanced with your personal colour marking system applied to a calendar directly by your bed.

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Ignatius of Loyola, Spiritual Exercises. A prescriptive set of reflective meditations, performed on a schedule.
David McCullough, The Path Between the Seas: The Creation of the Panama Canal. See how other people tried and failed.
Bach, Two- and Three-Part Inventions. Study the pedagogical method of a master teacher.
George Pólya, How to Solve It. For when you have nothing better to do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nonviolent Communication by Marshal Rosenberg.. It is similar to art of war for people who want it solved fast with no running around. It is similar to Machiavelli if you don´t want to loose your time in manipulation and get it done. It is bit like spiritual excercises by Ignatius of Loyola since general mindfulness is needed for practicing it..

·
Registered
929 Posts
Nothing to do with what youre looking for, but a great series...Brent Weeks: the lightbringer series

1 - 6 of 6 Posts