Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The word "manipulation" kind of have a bad ring to it, but my intentions are purely good.

I'm currently reading "How to win friends and influence people" in order to be better at influencing people and I find it interesting how its possible to push certain psychological buttons on people in order to get certain results.
I'm not a big book reader though but I'd like to learn more about these sort of methods.

Can you recommend me any books regarding this subject in any way? Preferred not to be anything too heavy reading, and available in Denmark (not necessarily translated).
Online articles would be great too, but if I at the same time want to improve my interested in book reading, I think it would be best if it was a book ;)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Most manipulation techniques are psychological in nature, Most psychology books about mirroring and Also NLP is a good one.

Also if you interested in manipulation on a genius scale watch some Derren brown" on youtube, that guy is scary genius, and sometimes explains how he does it, which allows you to further research his methods

Reactions: Stable Genius

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Derren Brown is awesome! I love that guy.. But his way of manipulation is more visual based and for show... I usually talk with people online and discuss on boards, and I think it would be interesting if I could use any psychological techniques in debates, or just in casual conversations in general.
But I don't intend to control peoples mind and decisions against their will or something like that. Its more about how to talk to people in casual situations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts