Personality Cafe banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
SAY MY NAME
8,466 Posts
When I'm done with my honour's this year, I'm going to have to write a book that takes down William V. Harris' bullshit War and Imperialism in Republican Rome, 327 - 70 BC. And all his friends in academia, too, who have endorsed and amplified and parroted his simplistic and derivative analysis over the past 40 years. That's you, T.J. Cornell, Nathan Rosenstein, Kurt A. Raaflaub, Stephen Oakley, Rachel Vishna, Kenneth W. Harl, and whoever else wants it. How do you like that, big professors with their salaries and their tenure tracks and their conferences, shot down by a lowly summa cum laude undergrad. Ha!

The thought of being the classicist's equivalent of Saul Kripke (who, whilst still just an undergrad, shat on B.F. Skinner's Behaviourism model so hard that nobody used it anymore) is greatly pleasing to my towering ego. But it is a job that needs to be done, the Roman exceptionalists have set back our historical understanding of the Hellenistic Period by forty years, ever since Harris dropped that book in 1979.

·
Registered
10,974 Posts
Selective Niceness for Dummies

Isn't That What I Just Said, or Conversations With Control Freaks

It's Not What You Think It Is, or Conversations With Armchair Psychologists

If It's The Thought That Counts, Then Why Don't A Thinker's Thoughts Count?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Using Systems Thinking to solve the world's wicked problems (Actually I am writing an article at the moment for using systems thinking to address family violence and child abuse)

Why my dog is my favourite child
Sharing the world with stupid people: why the education system sucks and what we should be teaching
My life: proof of karma? My last life must have been frigging awesome

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great Topic. I laughed out loud at some of the posts.

AUTOBIOGRAPHY:

How to Win Over Everyone and Never Make Any Actual Friends.

Inconsistencies in my Personality, or, How to be Confusing as F*** Without Meaning To, Toward People Who Sort-of Know Me.

Follow Up: Why I'm a Genius Daily Actor with the Consistency of Lime Jello.

Yay, I'm a Unicorn: WTF Do I Do Now?: Female INTJ Problems.

GUIDES/TEXTBOOKS:

Talk to Plants, Not People: Processing Emotions in Nature

Female INTJs: An Entirely New Species or Gender? A Practical Debate Book.

Cultural Subtleties in Everyday Conversation and Missing Them Entirely.

HOW TO:

Solving The World's Problems the Lazy INTJ Way: Let the Anti-Vaxers Succeed.

Floordrobes and How to Organize Them.

Female INTJs in The South: The Scourge of M&M (Mansplaining & Misogyny) and How to Not Implode.

How to Deal with Emotionally Squishy People; It's Ghastly, but it Must Be Done.

SELF-HELP:

The Art of Sliding off of Couches: How to Avoid People Knocking at The Door.

Extreme Social Anxiety, or, Bathrooms are my Friends: How to prevent Panic Attacks in Any Public Place!

Misunderstanding Females: Same-Gender Sexism & Why Female INTJs Can Get it Wrong.

·
Registered
202 Posts
This is an infomercial.

"How To Perceive The World, Humanity, and Existence"
. . . with Clarity, Equanimity, and Compassion. . .

Are you tired of yet another canned and processed philosophical or theological personal ethos claiming instant self-realization, wisdom, and total dissolution of ego?

Are you bored with reading through the labyrinth of doctrine, dogma, and artificial constructs that promise happiness and freedom from suffering if one would only believe and "give until it hurts" (you are broke)?

If you answer yes, or even for split second are in doubt of a yes, or answer no but don't realize you have no clue and can't admit it. . .

. . . then call now for. . . while supplies last.

. . . 4 volume set, guaranteed results in 30 days or 3000 lifetimes, robe and begging bowl and leather sandals are included.
. . . all this. . . for only $12 a month.
. . . operators are standing by for your credit card number. . . (you will be billed monthly until you succeed).

Insert (Universal Disclaimer).

End Infomercial:

* to anyone offended, look up on wikipedia, "satire", "wit", etc.
* Chan Buddhism practices of transmission. (modern Koan)

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I've written a lot of things. Last one was a fictional piece. It was a fantasy story about 3 current main girls who are supposed to bring Sims City Fashion Boutique to life. This was inspired by the game Sims 4.

The 3 main characters are: Ronalda (Sporty one), Candice (Kind one) and Sasha (Creative one).

The current story focuses on Sasha.

Ronalda's name was inspired by footballer, Cristiano Ronaldo. Candice was inspired by the word Candy because Candice owns a sweet shop and possesses sweet powers. Sasha's name was suggested by a group poll from another website.

I called the story Sims City Academy.

I like to experiment with the characters I make. I like testing their traits to the test.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts