Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it says in the title. What books would you like to see as a movie or series?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
The Myth Adventures series by Robert Asprin.
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

(both TV series)

Reactions: FlaviaGemina

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
The Stranger by Albert Camus. One that's not made in 1967, please.

When it comes to teen fiction, the ones that I don't really like are usually the ones that get made into movies/shows. I'd love to see film versions of This Song Will Save Your Life; Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock; and My Heart And Other Black Holes,

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
There's a book called The Mists of Avalon. It is, essentially, a retelling of the Arthurian tale, but from the perspectives of the women. It also has a lot of Celtic myth and Celtic paganism in it. I think it would make a really epic movie with the right director. I also think it could make a great TV Series as well.

Ah, I just thought of another one. There's a book series called The Sevenwaters series. It starts with a book called Daughter of the Forest. I think that would make a good movie/TV series. Another series by the same author, the Bridei Chronicles would also make an excellent movie. That book series includes 3 books and I think it could easily be made into 1 movie or a three part TV series.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
OK.. what if you could produce and direct your own adaptation, what book would it be based on?
I wouldn't do that under any circumstances. I prefer that books not be made into movies regardless of how good the movie may be. It's not the quality of the movie that bothers me; it's the inevitable change in the experience of the story.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Off of the top of my head:

-The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
-The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
-The Dune Chronicles by Frank Herbert (A remake, the tv series was abysmal. The movie wasn’t great either, but kind of fun to watch.)
-The Sandman by Neil Gaiman (Very excited for Good Omens.)
-The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Safron
-The Myst Trilogy by Rand Miller
-Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
-The Red Rising Trilogy by Peirce Brown
-The Discworld Series by Terry Pratchett (Remake.)

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's a book called The Mists of Avalon. It is, essentially, a retelling of the Arthurian tale, but from the perspectives of the women. It also has a lot of Celtic myth and Celtic paganism in it. I think it would make a really epic movie with the right director. I also think it could make a great TV Series as well.

Ah, I just thought of another one. There's a book series called The Sevenwaters series. It starts with a book called Daughter of the Forest. I think that would make a good movie/TV series. Another series by the same author, the Bridei Chronicles would also make an excellent movie. That book series includes 3 books and I think it could easily be made into 1 movie or a three part TV series.
I agree about the Mists of Avalon! (Don't know the other one).
I'd also like to see Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover series on the screen.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
*Mockingbird by Katherine Erskine (film)
*A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin (film/TV series)
*Clockwork Angels by Kevin J. Anderson; based on Rush rock opera (film)
*Soulless by Gail Carriger (TV series)
*Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis (and possibly the rest of the Space Trilogy) (film/s)

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I would prefer a tv show, something from BBC perhaps ( Americans would botch it up IMO ) on Jules Verne's works, especially my two favourites 'Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea' and 'The Mysterious Island'.

I think they have made movies on these books but a lot of them have reinterpreted the story, put in new characters etc ... I just want to see the story being told the way it has been told by Verne.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
I would prefer a tv show, something from BBC perhaps ( Americans would botch it up IMO ) on Jules Verne's works, especially my two favourites 'Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea' and 'The Mysterious Island'.

I think they have made movies on these books but a lot of them have reinterpreted the story, put in new characters etc ... I just want to see the story being told the way it has been told by Verne.
That would be epic! Great one.

I'd like a TV series based on the original stories in I, Robot.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
That would be epic! Great one.

I'd like a TV series based on the original stories in I, Robot.
and at least try to hire an Indian guy to play the role of Captain Nemo/Prince Dakkar, Nemo was played by an Indian actor in 'The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' ( but the movie was simply horrible). I actually think that a miniseries about Captain Nemo's past will be great as well ( cos we don't know much about him ).

Someone should also reboot Phillip Pullman's 'His Dark Materials' franchise as well, they made one movie (The Golden Compass) which I have seen in bits and pieces, which kinda ruined the whole story of the first book.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
*The anime The Big O into live-action film
*Rush's rock opera 2112 into short animated film
*Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury into a movie (I know—it's ironic); the one I saw was horrible

1 - 20 of 32 Posts