Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny but it never occurred to me to ask. Maybe I have more in common with people my age than my type. It was very obvious I was INFP at 20 but now, not as much. Seems I balanced out some. Anyway, what's your type? And did your type seem to shift a little over the years?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I am an INFJ, first tested at age 30 and every subsequent test has been the same result. I think as I've gotten older, my tertiary (Ti) and inferior (Se) functions have become more apparent.... or else I've just gotten weirder.

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
I am an esfp. I kind of randomly shift between esfp and isfp but I'm not much of an introvert and I really don't do well focused on my own thoughts. Introspection gives me a headache. My Se keeps me young. I can't wait to go out and explore the world. Every day, it seems new and exciting.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm learning to embrace my Se. I've spent most of my life worrying about the future and going from one task to the next, with little awareness of the world around me because I'm so busy thinking about what I have to do next. Now I'm much more aware of the present and take time to enjoy my surroundings... the sights, the sounds, the smells, the tastes. Maybe it's because I'm getting older and realizing how much I missed of the world around me.

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
Hence, all of that chocolate, lol.

I'm learning to embrace my Se. I've spent most of my life worrying about the future and going from one task to the next, with little awareness of the world around me because I'm so busy thinking about what I have to do next. Now I'm much more aware of the present and take time to enjoy my surroundings... the sights, the sounds, the smells, the tastes. Maybe it's because I'm getting older and realizing how much I missed of the world around me.

·
Registered
16,135 Posts
INFP, I think a 9 but I test more here at PerCafe as a 5, all I can tell you about my type is as I've gotten older I have become happier, more content and grateful for Life. I am 54, retired from my job of 25 years and life is a fricken dream right now. I have no boss. I have very few responsibilities. I do NOT get out of bed at 5:20am anymore. Also, compared to my 20s when I had so many questions, now I'm satisfied, I have accomplished what I wanted to.

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
ENTJ. Same as I ever was. I still have a big, bold personality.

The only difference is that as I've gotten older, the rough edges have smoothed out a little.
I've learned how to pick my battles and weigh what's important to me a bit better than when I was younger.

·
Registered
648 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
Of course. I baked cookies. Double chocolate chocolate chips. You know that you want some, lol.
*giggle*

Chocolate???? Where???? You got chocolate?????

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
I'm an "ISTP." I have changed as I've grown older, especially over the last year. I was in an intense romantic relationship and my "T" which was perviously 100 percent is now only 95 percent! I can definitely emote better now. LOL

I'm also certain that I'm not nearly as much of an Introvert now as I was when I was younger. Back then I was both introverted and shy, now I'm only introverted.

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
Of course. I baked cookies. Double chocolate chocolate chips. You know that you want some, lol.
*giggle*
I really want some! Hey, I'm a chocoholic, and I know quite a bit about chocolate, have read many articles. Was watching Anthony Bourdain the other day, he was in Peru looking after his cocoa bean trees, his venture investment. I'm not really into Anthony Bourdain at all, especially since my former girlfriend was, but when I heard that that episode would have a part about chocolate production, I was very interested.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
INFP, I think a 9 but I test more here at PerCafe as a 5, all I can tell you about my type is as I've gotten older I have become happier, more content and grateful for Life. I am 54, retired from my job of 25 years and life is a fricken dream right now. I have no boss. I have very few responsibilities. I do NOT get out of bed at 5:20am anymore. Also, compared to my 20s when I had so many questions, now I'm satisfied, I have accomplished what I wanted to.
This is me too. I'm 57 and have retired but still need to figure out how to bring in some income for a few more years. I quit the management consulting world two years ago and just quit my retail gig in a mountain shop a couple of months ago. I really can't work for other people anymore--just hit the wall and have no patience left with incompetent people in authority. So I'm working on a couple of books, trying to envision how I will hang out my shingle and which of my skills to focus on, and skiing my brains out. Leaving Saturday in fact for a four day backpack and ski up by the Wyoming border.

Some people might be tempted to type me as S because I am athletic but they would be wrong. Lots of people want me to go running with them but I need to keep strong boundaries around running and almost never run with a partner. Skiing is by necessity more social for safety reasons in the backcountry. Still, my Se is not well developed and I can be very reclusive. While I enjoy my senses very much, I am probably the most intuitive person I know.

·
Spam-I-am
14,138 Posts
INTJ 5W6 when I was younger [I'm 52] I was quite the rebel, in the past 5 years I have mellowed a lot. I can approach strangers now and strike up a conversation with them something I would never have done a few years ago. I still do require a bit of down time on my days off before I can deal with others but I some how let the INTJ anger go for the most part.

·
Registered
16,135 Posts
This is me too. I'm 57 and have retired but still need to figure out how to bring in some income for a few more years. I quit the management consulting world two years ago and just quit my retail gig in a mountain shop a couple of months ago. I really can't work for other people anymore--just hit the wall and have no patience left with incompetent people in authority. So I'm working on a couple of books, trying to envision how I will hang out my shingle and which of my skills to focus on, and skiing my brains out. Leaving Saturday in fact for a four day backpack and ski up by the Wyoming border.

Some people might be tempted to type me as S because I am athletic but they would be wrong. Lots of people want me to go running with them but I need to keep strong boundaries around running and almost never run with a partner. Skiing is by necessity more social for safety reasons in the backcountry. Still, my Se is not well developed and I can be very reclusive. While I enjoy my senses very much, I am probably the most intuitive person I know.
Really, really try to never have to work for someone again. Try to spend the last 30 or so years of your life doing what YOU feel is right. There are options... Sell an ebook on amazon, eBay, or your own site. Sell skiing lessons. Buy a vending machine and fill it up with snacks. Maybe do a search on google on ideas. One thing I've noticed on eBay, with thousands sold at $1.99 a pop, sell information on CDs like old cookbooks that you can download from archive.org. Or old TV shows on DVDs. I see that all the time on ebay. Once a certain date passes they are free for all. Marry a rich woman. :p Don't work in the system ever again. I worked 25 yrs and I am done. Live your life never sad again.

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
Yep. The one on Whitehaven Road, right? It is still open. Oddly enough, I've never been inside. I need to go. It's... chocolate!!!

is that chocolate store still open on grand island? there was a place that sold every thing chocolate from grasshoppers, coffee beans, you name it

Reactions: Aqualung

·
Spam-I-am
14,138 Posts
Yep. The one on Whitehaven Road, right? It is still open. Oddly enough, I've never been inside. I need to go. It's... chocolate!!!
you need to go there that place is choco heaven, they make everything right there. to anyone that will be going to Niagara falls on the U.S. side this place is right on the way

·
Super Moderator
12,962 Posts
Hey, hello, INFJ here. I'm a bit reserved. Been around on PerC for what... oh, my, I just went and looked... almost four years! :shocked: On occasion, I do disappear from here for a spell. When I was younger, I used to be shy and now I'm just an introvert. Oh, I'm 53... tail end boomer. Off the computer, one on one (or small group), I talk quite a bit. I still don't know how to start a conversation, unless I know you well enough. So, with all this said, please feel free to start one with me. :happy:

As for chocolate, I was laughing while reading this threads posts! I had grabbed a brownie before opening this thread. Eating chocolate, reading chocolate, and chocolate is everywhere! :wink:

·
Spam-I-am
14,138 Posts
Hey, hello, INFJ here. I'm a bit reserved. Been around on PerC for what... oh, my, I just went and looked... almost four years! :shocked: On occasion, I do disappear from here for a spell. When I was younger, I used to be shy and now I'm just an introvert. Oh, I'm 53... tail end boomer. Off the computer, one on one (or small group), I talk quite a bit. I still don't know how to start a conversation, unless I know you well enough. So, with all this said, please feel free to start one with me. :happy:

As for chocolate, I was laughing while reading this threads posts! I had grabbed a brownie before opening this thread. Eating chocolate, reading chocolate, and chocolate is everywhere! :wink:
chocolate is gods gift to humans

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
Chocolate???? Where???? You got chocolate?????
Isn't chocolate wonderful? I recently learned that chocolate contains tryptophan, an essential amino acid, important to the manufacture of serotonon. In fact many of the foods I am fond of are high in tryptophan, probably because they help with my natural serotonin production, which makes me feel so good!

Of course I already knew that chocolate contains theobromine and phenethylamine.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.