Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 1327 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello World.

About 70% of you are bored and have nothing to do, while the other 28% are busy but love procrastinating. Within the 2% there is the 1% who are serious about gaining intelligent, and the other 1% who track my i.p address and watch me watch gruesome fisting and 2 girls one cup...aka C.I.A and upto date seriel killers. Anyway

I have an I.Q >140, so I don't have a desperation to magically increase my I.Q. However I am too optimistic(Duh typical entp) so I will pretty much try anything, if it promises instant fame, fortune and sex. Well the only time I was gullible is when I was told they took gullible was taken out of the dictionary. That's right, I thought "they" where group of people in white coats. Okay fine i'll get straight to the point/question/ramble. ..............There is this method called image streaming, developed by Dr Win Wenger, that developed a method to enhance ones fluid intelligence. So I done some reading and found no empirical data nor anything real backing blah blah blah... So I decided to be a test subject and experiment. Weeks go past and no surge of brilliance, just more relaxed and a sense of calmness...

Then I come across, The Genius intelligence book, which develops this technique and damn does the placebo's hit you like a brick. Achieving an I.Q of 180+? and all that nonsense. I incorporate these techniques and after a couple months and I am starting to get stronger photographic recall and my mind starts buzzing more and more with ideas. I mean I.Q is like a weighing scale except for intelligence, but you can feel yourself become fat and chubby. Anyway has anyone else came across image streaming or experienced any changes?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hello World.

About 70% of you are bored and have nothing to do, while the other 28% are busy but love procrastinating. Within the 2% there is the 1% who are serious about gaining intelligent, and the other 1% who track my i.p address and watch me watch gruesome fisting and 2 girls one cup...aka C.I.A and upto date seriel killers. Anyway

I have an I.Q >140, so I don't have a desperation to magically increase my I.Q. However I am too optimistic(Duh typical entp) so I will pretty much try anything, if it promises instant fame, fortune and sex. Well the only time I was gullible is when I was told they took gullible was taken out of the dictionary. That's right, I thought "they" where group of people in white coats. Okay fine i'll get straight to the point/question/ramble. ..............There is this method called image streaming, developed by Dr Win Wenger, that developed a method to enhance ones fluid intelligence. So I done some reading and found no empirical data nor anything real backing blah blah blah... So I decided to be a test subject and experiment. Weeks go past and no surge of brilliance, just more relaxed and a sense of calmness...

Then I come across, The Genius intelligence book, which develops this technique and damn does the placebo's hit you like a brick. Achieving an I.Q of 180+? and all that nonsense. I incorporate these techniques and after a couple months and I am starting to get stronger photographic recall and my mind starts buzzing more and more with ideas. I mean I.Q is like a weighing scale except for intelligence, but you can feel yourself become fat and chubby. Anyway has anyone else came across image streaming or experienced any changes?
Nobody knows what you're talking about:crazy:

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
your brain is made of cells, thoughts are created by connections...so getting smarter prob equates to 1 more cells, 2 healthier cells, 3 greater connectivity.

So eat healthy and exercise, your brain is a part of your body, if you want a healthy brain take care of your body.

Apply your brain, constantly learn new things, and challenge yourself...learning equates to new and greater connectivity in your brain, if you're not learning new things you're not creating new connections and stimulating your brain to create new connections and to continue to grow

...I think Alzheimer's has a lot to do with people settling into jobs they've already mastered and thus don't continuing to learn new things later in life. You learn so much at the beginning of life, it's important to keep the learning curving going rather than settle into just using the knowledge and skills you've already mastered ....my guess is not as much a prob for ENTPs as other types.

I don't see any reason to read a book to learn strategies for getting smarter, it's pretty simple, take care of your health and keep learning new things. Tho I suppose books could teach strategies for memorization and help develop problem solving skills.

Also I and I think a lot of people cringe when people speak as tho IQ equates to intelligence... and in general its usually best to avoid talking about fisting... esp when trying entice others into a convo.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
I'm reasonably bright.

I test reasonably well on IQ tests.

more interesting ot me is understanding other people. So, mbti and enneagram and and and and

I'm pretty good at the tools, and I'm understand people better.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I'm reasonably bright.

I test reasonably well on IQ tests.

more interesting ot me is understanding other people. So, mbti and enneagram and and and and

I'm pretty good at the tools, and I'm understand people better.
Theories can give you some incite but they can't match personal experience.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
Theories can give you some incite but they can't match personal experience.
Sure, but they can incite brain activity and cause you to notice more and be a better listener.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
How do you know you're not just projecting what you read online onto others, seeing patterns that aren't there?

Ti. I evaluate and check results. some projection does happen, but it shows up.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol well I.Q is a measurement, only an idiot will claim such test encapsulates your intellectual worth. I just used it as a form of measurement, but what I am actually looking forward to in discussing is abilities gained from such practice. For example I noticed a mild photographic re-call of paragraphs from books(word for word) or just remember a lot more memories more vivid. Also anyone done D-Dual Feedback, the euphoric state of having ones working memory expanded, is minuscule after 40mins of QWS. But yeah. I am not trying to debate or prove anything, I am just looking for people that might have stumbled across anything like this.

p.s. you are absolutely right, as a nofapper, such vulgarity sickens me and I will remove it and an instant sir. I will keep my bipolar sense of humor in check

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do apologize if my question was unclear or my level of communication was that of am imbecile. I could not careless about I.Q but more fascinated about utilizing more of your potential. Not sure if this technique is placebo, but the onset of photographic re-call along with seeing eidetic images calls for alarm. I might be a late boomer cognitively or this is just happening to me. But hopefully hitting yourself on the head is not the only way to have acquired savant syndrome.

(again apologize for the first post, these new meds for adhd made my symptoms worse :/)

·
Registered
202 Posts
There are different techniques for different outcomes. Depends on what you want to get better at.

I like IQ as a scale and that helps us understand quite alot about logical thinking and computing potential of the brain. And one thing we know by now: Your brain has a certain potential IQ and you can reach that but get no better no matter how much you practice. So thats likely the case with many aspects, so practice can only get you so far.

·
Birdie Borracho
9,380 Posts
@GeniusOverlord so good to have you here. I hope you're doing delightful and can photographically recall many things. As far as memorization goes, incorporating your preferred learning style with as many others as possible is the best way. I am an existential learner. It sounds fancy, but I need to understand the ultimate purpose of "why" something is that way. For example, if you were to teach me to turn on a lamp, I would first need to understand how the lamp works and why it needs to be turned on. From there, kinesthetic and visual intelligence allow me to remember the exact process of turning on a lamp. Without the existential, I might forget.

I used a fucking lamp as an example as it's in the room, but the point is whether learning an advanced computer system, visual basic scripting, or the Burger King menu, understanding why must be understood, in a basic way, before, committing to process or technique. Focusing on photographic recall is a visual intelligence. I would recommend incorporating audio, kinesthetic, existential, etc into what you want to learn. As many as possible increases the chance it becomes assimilated into long-term memory.

Btw, you totally remind me of what @Obv was probably like when he was younger haha.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I am an existential learner. It sounds fancy, but I need to understand the ultimate purpose of "why" something is that way.
I never understood people trying to ONLY remember facts for a test, even with certification course I take now people are try memorize all the little bits and peices. I step back and look at the big picture first. I want to know the purpose of the system and how it works generally. Once you have that you don't have to remember that widgetA connects widgetB to widgetC, you know the purpose of each so of course you need an A between a B and C. There are still facts to remember, but only a fraction

Btw, you totally remind me of what @Obv was probably like when he was younger haha.
I've always been this way, but I had a tonne of growing pains, an identity crisis (until I realized identities are over rated), and pissed of more people than I could remember, if I cared to remember,

I used a fucking lamp
Did it look like this? It's what immediately came to mind.

lamp.jpg

·
Birdie Borracho
9,380 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@GeniusOverlord so good to have you here. I hope you're doing delightful and can photographically recall many things. As far as memorization goes, incorporating your preferred learning style with as many others as possible is the best way. I am an existential learner. It sounds fancy, but I need to understand the ultimate purpose of "why" something is that way. For example, if you were to teach me to turn on a lamp, I would first need to understand how the lamp works and why it needs to be turned on. From there, kinesthetic and visual intelligence allow me to remember the exact process of turning on a lamp. Without the existential, I might forget.

I used a fucking lamp as an example as it's in the room, but the point is whether learning an advanced computer system, visual basic scripting, or the Burger King menu, understanding why must be understood, in a basic way, before, committing to process or technique. Focusing on photographic recall is a visual intelligence. I would recommend incorporating audio, kinesthetic, existential, etc into what you want to learn. As many as possible increases the chance it becomes assimilated into long-term memory.

Good to see you too my friend. Just been busy trying to claw my way up the corporate world. How have you been.

And yes I know I kept banging on about the photographic memory re-call. Mainly because I have always been a visual person. However now concepts are ever so vivid to the degree I can smell/hear and feel numbers multiplying(sounds a bit like birds chirping and a coin dropping) or see the tar that builds upon the concepts of compound interest. My style of learning has always been a last minute burst of cramming. But now things seem ever so different. Not to mention I am less emotionally turbulent, a sense of calmness emerges out as I force myself to focus, abit stoic like. Maybe it is just a method of regulating my ADHD and the re-call is the result of having better attention and working memory. I mean when I induced 16hz beta waves, similar level of re-collection with out the method was present.

Now if this method works, then this might be the secret to Nikola Tesla's genius. I mean he struggled to distinguish between reality and his vivid imagination. Also he was able to create simulations in his head. So if I I.Q is one measurement of the abstract notion of intelligence, then what I seek to enhance (not desperately of course) is our innate raw intelligence or fluid intelligence. So far the results are interesting. Also in terms of logical reasoning and pattern recognition, I have always aced those questions in my sleep. The only thing that leaves me debilitated is my attention/working memory and ability to re-call when needed.

1 - 20 of 1327 Posts