Personality Cafe banner

Boosting I.Q Nonsense? Image streaming Blah Blah

[ENTP] 
300K views 1K replies 112 participants last post by  L... 
#1 ·
Hello World.

About 70% of you are bored and have nothing to do, while the other 28% are busy but love procrastinating. Within the 2% there is the 1% who are serious about gaining intelligent, and the other 1% who track my i.p address and watch me watch gruesome fisting and 2 girls one cup...aka C.I.A and upto date seriel killers. Anyway

I have an I.Q >140, so I don't have a desperation to magically increase my I.Q. However I am too optimistic(Duh typical entp) so I will pretty much try anything, if it promises instant fame, fortune and sex. Well the only time I was gullible is when I was told they took gullible was taken out of the dictionary. That's right, I thought "they" where group of people in white coats. Okay fine i'll get straight to the point/question/ramble. ..............There is this method called image streaming, developed by Dr Win Wenger, that developed a method to enhance ones fluid intelligence. So I done some reading and found no empirical data nor anything real backing blah blah blah... So I decided to be a test subject and experiment. Weeks go past and no surge of brilliance, just more relaxed and a sense of calmness...

Then I come across, The Genius intelligence book, which develops this technique and damn does the placebo's hit you like a brick. Achieving an I.Q of 180+? and all that nonsense. I incorporate these techniques and after a couple months and I am starting to get stronger photographic recall and my mind starts buzzing more and more with ideas. I mean I.Q is like a weighing scale except for intelligence, but you can feel yourself become fat and chubby. Anyway has anyone else came across image streaming or experienced any changes?

See less See more
#4 ·
your brain is made of cells, thoughts are created by connections...so getting smarter prob equates to 1 more cells, 2 healthier cells, 3 greater connectivity.

So eat healthy and exercise, your brain is a part of your body, if you want a healthy brain take care of your body.

Apply your brain, constantly learn new things, and challenge yourself...learning equates to new and greater connectivity in your brain, if you're not learning new things you're not creating new connections and stimulating your brain to create new connections and to continue to grow

...I think Alzheimer's has a lot to do with people settling into jobs they've already mastered and thus don't continuing to learn new things later in life. You learn so much at the beginning of life, it's important to keep the learning curving going rather than settle into just using the knowledge and skills you've already mastered ....my guess is not as much a prob for ENTPs as other types.

I don't see any reason to read a book to learn strategies for getting smarter, it's pretty simple, take care of your health and keep learning new things. Tho I suppose books could teach strategies for memorization and help develop problem solving skills.

Also I and I think a lot of people cringe when people speak as tho IQ equates to intelligence... and in general its usually best to avoid talking about fisting... esp when trying entice others into a convo.

#5 ·
I'm reasonably bright.

I test reasonably well on IQ tests.

more interesting ot me is understanding other people. So, mbti and enneagram and and and and

I'm pretty good at the tools, and I'm understand people better.

#10 ·
lol well I.Q is a measurement, only an idiot will claim such test encapsulates your intellectual worth. I just used it as a form of measurement, but what I am actually looking forward to in discussing is abilities gained from such practice. For example I noticed a mild photographic re-call of paragraphs from books(word for word) or just remember a lot more memories more vivid. Also anyone done D-Dual Feedback, the euphoric state of having ones working memory expanded, is minuscule after 40mins of QWS. But yeah. I am not trying to debate or prove anything, I am just looking for people that might have stumbled across anything like this.

p.s. you are absolutely right, as a nofapper, such vulgarity sickens me and I will remove it and an instant sir. I will keep my bipolar sense of humor in check

#12 ·
I do apologize if my question was unclear or my level of communication was that of am imbecile. I could not careless about I.Q but more fascinated about utilizing more of your potential. Not sure if this technique is placebo, but the onset of photographic re-call along with seeing eidetic images calls for alarm. I might be a late boomer cognitively or this is just happening to me. But hopefully hitting yourself on the head is not the only way to have acquired savant syndrome.

(again apologize for the first post, these new meds for adhd made my symptoms worse :/)

#14 ·
There are different techniques for different outcomes. Depends on what you want to get better at.

I like IQ as a scale and that helps us understand quite alot about logical thinking and computing potential of the brain. And one thing we know by now: Your brain has a certain potential IQ and you can reach that but get no better no matter how much you practice. So thats likely the case with many aspects, so practice can only get you so far.

#16 ·
@GeniusOverlord so good to have you here. I hope you're doing delightful and can photographically recall many things. As far as memorization goes, incorporating your preferred learning style with as many others as possible is the best way. I am an existential learner. It sounds fancy, but I need to understand the ultimate purpose of "why" something is that way. For example, if you were to teach me to turn on a lamp, I would first need to understand how the lamp works and why it needs to be turned on. From there, kinesthetic and visual intelligence allow me to remember the exact process of turning on a lamp. Without the existential, I might forget.

I used a fucking lamp as an example as it's in the room, but the point is whether learning an advanced computer system, visual basic scripting, or the Burger King menu, understanding why must be understood, in a basic way, before, committing to process or technique. Focusing on photographic recall is a visual intelligence. I would recommend incorporating audio, kinesthetic, existential, etc into what you want to learn. As many as possible increases the chance it becomes assimilated into long-term memory.

Btw, you totally remind me of what @Obv was probably like when he was younger haha.

#17 ·
I am an existential learner. It sounds fancy, but I need to understand the ultimate purpose of "why" something is that way.
I never understood people trying to ONLY remember facts for a test, even with certification course I take now people are try memorize all the little bits and peices. I step back and look at the big picture first. I want to know the purpose of the system and how it works generally. Once you have that you don't have to remember that widgetA connects widgetB to widgetC, you know the purpose of each so of course you need an A between a B and C. There are still facts to remember, but only a fraction

Btw, you totally remind me of what @Obv was probably like when he was younger haha.
I've always been this way, but I had a tonne of growing pains, an identity crisis (until I realized identities are over rated), and pissed of more people than I could remember, if I cared to remember,

I used a fucking lamp
Did it look like this? It's what immediately came to mind.

Lighting Light fixture Drinkware Drink Lamp

#22 · (Edited)
Yh hit the nail on the head. lol you got me better than I got myself. I guess I am looking for someone else that shares my interest or has ideas.

Yeah, clawing person to person. So far got my old manager fired and gained a promotion as assistant manager. Well it was part time work, but since I do not go to my lectures of seminars and still pass, I decided to take this role for some month. If I boost my intelligence I can find better shortcuts in ideas of boosting revenue and sales. Regardless i am crushing it. I have fired and hired and over worked myself to the brink of self destruction. So after my Law degree, I am able to have a better sense of the chess table in the world of business.

Anyway do expand on your methods of marking your territory, does it involve nefarious activities?

#23 ·
Haha no, it doesn't. It rather means I'm largely apathetic. I don't give a shit about other people's jobs nor the rules that comes with my job. I'm motivated by a desire to be entertained, at work, which often includes actual work. I don't want to do boring things so I try to find exciting ways to stimulate my brain. I convinced my managers that I have Asperger's haha.

#24 ·
#29 ·
Well I will not give my thoughts on a factual basis, due my degree of ignorance within this topic. It annoys me when people talk out of ignorance and I do not wish to be apart of them. That said there is a high chance I am a psychopath, mainly because I have learned "pathy" runs through the family... So I will give thought based upon my own subjective experience and the ways in which I view the world. If I am a psychopath a) it will be concurred by another path b) more accurate than the view of a psychologists .

First I applaud your brilliance in putting into words, what I struggled to explain to myself or others. This quote puts things into perspective.

"My emotions are perhaps in 8 different colors... A common theme I've read from self-described psychopaths is that they believed the emotional exchange was faked and a game. A person couldn't possibly care that much, but it was what people do in society and I was expected to do it too. That is why I am Drunk Parrot. A parrot copies the words of its owner, but doesn't necessarily understand what they mean. Parrots are not dumb, but the depth of saying "I love you" is lost on a parrot"

I would first like to discuss the ranges and depths of our emotions. Sure ENTP's really distant and can be logical. However there is aspects of feeling shallow. I genuinely thought people felt shallow as I did, almost empty. The sense of being color blind encapsulates the need to fake certain emotions. I mean sometimes you even fool yourself, by playing mind games and forcing sadness or love, until you try crying and laugh hysterically seconds later at your own denial. However I would like to point out another aspect in regards to emotions. That is the way I regulate or manage the limited ones I have. Primarily the love or addiction to fear. This is not just an Adrenalin junkie addiction, but it is what to some degree connects me to other people. I mean I can't process love or genuine happiness, but I thrive in dangerous situations. Maybe it is ADHD playing its role, but I do not feel much fear but love it when it arises. Because it is something different than the plain emptiness within...

For example, the last time a fear struck was when I was 15, and I jumped into someones garden at 3 am and stole their bike. Throwing the bike over the metal gates caused a lot of noise and the owner knocked on the window. So I jumped over the gate and peddled the bike to only realize the tires where nearly flat. Anyway as soon as I hit a corner I notice police behind me, and fear did not strike yet. However as soon as I took a left and found a blind-spot to dash the bike in a bush, I ran. I only to notice on the other side of the park, the police where speeding and stop in front of me. Fear struck. Mainly because I was going to get shouted at and knocked out when I go home. However it vanished when I got near the officer and asked innocently "is there a problem officer". He just asked what I was doing here at 3am and why I was running, I just replied I was with my friend, he took the bike and I am running because my mum called and I have to go home. Though fear did not last long and I used my superficial charm to get by, the fear made me feel awake and like a normal person for a second. So this lead onto a lot more intricate crimes until I became desensitized to fear and stopped out of boredom. Come to think of it, that and superficial happiness from achievements is the only feelings which I did not force myself to feel but comes out naturally, though it comes for brief moments.

However now I have moved from getting high of crimes to feeling like a puppet master. The prince by Machiavelli is my bible, only because it see's the world for what it is and not what it ought to be. I love him Machiavelli, because we see the world alike. Everyone has within them the potential to stab,rape,murder and destroy you given the right circumstances. So the concept of trust is for normal people who cannot deal with the anxiety of feeling open to attacks 24/7. I mean I rather trust a psychopath than normal person, mainly because we understand business is business, and objectives/goals far exceeds emotions and morals. Thus we can expect when we will be double crossed. However a normal person, "feels" something is wrong or is irrationally emotional and develops cold feet. Thus completely unreliable. I still don't understand how you can feel something is wrong lol, I'm sure morals are developed out of cultural and religious indoctrination, thus you can only infer something is wrong based upon the principles set by these institutions. Well that is how I fit in or fake my moral disgust in social situations.

Also like you said "I have some Asperger's traits. I obsess about random math patterns, learn vast amounts of useless trivia, and I can be socially awkward. On the latter, I don't care much for making eye contact, I can talk to people extensively about a subject without recognizing if they're interested, and can periodically be tactless", (I am wondering what the random math patterns is called because I had an ocd like that since childhood) but the vast amount of trivia and social awkwardness is a result of being high functioning. However I can guess you make string eye contact and use every tool in social engineering to get your way. I mean once I have an objective, I can talk and act like anyone. If not, my anti-social behavior is the default state in which I labor under.

p.s- This post will have a lot of grammatical mistakes than usual, mainly because I got soo immersed in writing it.

#30 ·
#38 ·
This topic is a perfect example of how we try to implement Fe in our own way. Understanding Fe from a broader perspective as we dont see or feel it personal. I call it the manipulating function, we can understand it well and adapt to social standards that are expected of us or even create our own. If we can discipline ourselves we can be even better at Fe than lets say a pro ESFP sales person.
ESTP in comparison to ENTP have lower dimension Ne which means they are not as interested in finding out how their social adaptability works or what is ASPD. Their Fe knowledge is just how they learned that they should behave or what is their way of behaving without having the insight of how their mind works on a deeper level due to Se and its outlook on environmental experience.
They just as well adapt but not as we can through our own thought experiments.

Our filtering device (prefrontal cortex) must be mastered to filter out all the input we get from ideas we generate. Picking the correct one for personal gains. The lower dimensional Fi will allow us to ignore emotions, therefore creating a persona that does not need to express his true opinion.

The higher dimensional intelligent Fe users use the upper-middle-center part of the brain to read facial expressions and correlate it to other persons projections of inner feelings. When I used shrooms that part of the brain lit up, its like a whole new world opened to me. I could read the mimic and understand the persons complexes he was projecting, while at a normal level I just look at logical flaws, search for lies, seek hidden agendas and try to put myself in their perspective.

@GeniusOverlord
Do you have any good links to what your topic was about on improving IQ?

I often feel like having a higher IQ would benefit me greatly. I would rate myself around 120.

#39 ·
T

Do you have any good links to what your topic was about on improving IQ?

I often feel like having a higher IQ would benefit me greatly. I would rate myself around 120.
there are ways to do better at the test, adn get higher numbers.

There are ways to exercise your brain, and make it stronger. Or even more fluid. or even pick up on things you are not good at.

#48 ·
@jkp enjoy the book ;) and keep me informed about your progress

@Drunk Parrot have you seen the new episode of Simpsons. It addresses Bart as a sociopath but I think the portrayal is off key. Let me know what you think
Well, for one, I think they used sociopath in place of psychopath. In some ways it was a caricature, but episodes like that are ingrained in the average person's mind.

#45 ·
Yes, it seems everyone here reached consensus that the IQ is a joke. Anyone with half a brain can train to solve those simple logical exercises and score 160 or more solely for bragging rights

But who cares. There are A LOT of billionaires with third of brain and less than 100 IQ. But then you have a group of social individuals who train themselves to solve logical exercises for children to enter an IQ-fan club named Mensa. But why? To brag about before other social people with quarter of a brain?

That is all beside the point.

If you want to train your mind - enter a University and study technical stuff. Engineering, physics, etc. Learn languages (always). Speak them. Read hundred books a year (smart books). Write.
Your intelligence is measured by your abilities to tackle important(to you) tasks of your life. As for bragging rights - show off what you produce/achieve/discover.

p.s. but do brag about your IQ if some idiot does it around you - it is such a delight to see their expressions

#46 · (Edited)
Well of course. What you mention is crystallized intelligence. I.e knowing a lot of facts. Sherlock holmes would be a good example of books smarts and great abilities to utilize the book smarts. Also having a higher processing ability or just raw mental power allows you devour mathematics and physics with ease. Also I don't brag about my I.Q, I never mention it. I just use it as a measurement to how healthy my intelligence is. Also in terms of having idiots around me, I love to relate everything to cybernetics and mind f**k em. Its abit like how a bully likes to show he is strong :D only a douche will brag about how much he benches.

But seriously lets just call it increasing your brains benching power :D the harder the problem the more it needs to be increased. I have a lot of goals in life that need heavy benching. Thus I will bench like a beast! P.s I got a 148 with mensa, but never joined. Why? Because F*k Elitism thats why

#49 ·
@Aha, meet @Drunk Parrot. and vice versa.

You two both remind me of me.

and welcome back aha

#50 ·
so..? how's that working out for you ? I've been doing both n-back (6-back now) and IS (about 250 minutes per week) for about a month, how long have you ?
without further due, I attend highest scores in the culture free NON VERBAL IQ tests. I wanna hear more about what you feel have changed in your life and personality and what's factically (highlighted red; but then, english is not my native language so, I suppose, I am allowed to) changed including relations with people ? what do you do for living ? what's changed in the way you've come to view it ?

#51 ·
Wait wait wait.
First there was the argument about IQ being a rigid, permanent, measurement <whether it measures ALL intelligence in all culture not being all up in this>.
Now we're going on about IQ like it's a muscle you can work out?

Are you also going to tell me our throat is a muscle?
Can we exercise that? By vibrating it in pitch??
AS IF.

#53 ·
To Geniusoverlord (creative name there lol) Hi, id like to mention something, I myself have tried image streaming with great results, however I did add some other strategies to my training, but I believe it was the image streaming that made the most difference. Some of the other things I did was basic brain supplements, I used brain wave music during the image stream, & sometimes even a CES device. Along with the music still on, I would also do brain exercise's, like 10 min straight of solving chess puzzles, like mate in 2 or 3, focusing on speed always, then I would go straight to drawing & writing with both hands simultaneously for 10 min, then I would write out or in my mind solve math problems (simple ones lol), again, focusing on speed, then last 10 min, I would pick up some type of puzzle game & tinker with that. The results were strong & obvious. I am still very interested in what you know & recommend, that Genius intelligence book sounds good, Id like to check that out.

#55 ·
I thought it was largely understood these days that IQ tests are kinda BS and not that great at measuring intelligence? They use the WISC a lot more these days, plus a billion other tests with acronyms I can't remember. But seriously, we can't even nail down a concrete definition of intelligence, much less accurately measure it, so it's not like these tests will tell you much anyway.

IMO, improving your IQ score would be like improving your SAT score. Yeah, there's a correlation between your intelligence and your score on an IQ/SAT test, but that doesn't make the test an accurate way to measure your intelligence. Also, scoring higher on an IQ/SAT test doesn't mean you're suddenly smarter, it probably just means that you got better at taking the test.

#56 · (Edited)
Okay first and foremost f*k using the term I.Q. Most of you get sidetracked like modern sheeps. Lets just call it Raw Brain Power or RBP. That is what it really is, you think faster, stronger and better.

So intelligence is no doubt an abstract concept in which all appear to be an expert in. I mean I was using I.Q as a symbol(semiotics) for the vague conception of how our brains ability to absorb, process and evaluate stimuli. Looks like u people miss the boat when I say I.Q. I think I mention fluid intelligence beforehand and that is exactly I what I mean by RBP. Anyway your SAT scores are a representation of your fluid and crystallized intelligence. To practice em is to just sharpen your RBP but not increase it...

From my personal experience, Image Streaming forces your brain to process at a higher level and over time it becomes habitual. Thus stimulating the frontal lobes in such manner over a period of time is going to make your frontal lobes thicker and increase RBP. I mean if meditating results in a thicker frontal lobe after a month and an apparent 20 points increase in I.Q (supposedly) then those who image stream know how rigorous Image streaming is, will appreciate the potential it has over a long period.

Anyway @ant1862 I know the name is weird. However I'd like to address 1)Your Brain Wave Music 2) Alternative methods of increasing fluid intelligence. However I'd write too much so we can inbox if you wish. However I'd like to point out the book is quite outdated to modern research, and there are far more effective methods than Image Streaming. Also the company basis its harmonic research on a group who induced low beta waves(13-16hz) and had an average i.q increase of 30 points. Now the only issue is, that a) its bordering on pure pseudoscience because its not peer-reviewed and b) if it does work there will be potassium and sodium imbalance causing fatigue. In my personal experience using those frequencies limits my creativity and narrows my focus too much. Maybe because I am ADHD. Keep me posted on your experience.
@IWishExisted I'm assuming you to 5 days out of 7 days, leading to 50 mins per session? If that is the case then you should feel abit of fatigue after 4 days of constant training. Also N-Dual Feedback is really good but is really limited to working memory and attention. Image streaming allows creativity and inspiration to surge through. Anyway in regards to how long I have been Image streaming i'd say a good solid to months excluding the days I flaked on the training due to mental fatigue. What I noticed is like go gym and muscle training, without the right supplements or the right nutrition your brain will tire and that causes problems in the long run. Vegetables and fruits are the best, but caffeine and complex carbs are also essential.

In regards to my progress, my memory is not eidetic but more or less photographic. Like Image streaming you being to develop more pixels in your image recollection. However my problem solving has increased phenomenally. I mean questions that require and I.Q of 180+ above I am finally able to solve them. The manner in which I speak is hard for those around me, however you learn to calibrate over time. As for a living I am a part-time model, I have my own business and its well delegated, I am also a start up advisor(small time business), I am a law student and I left my previous job as a sales manager for a company which I don't wish to say because of anonymity. I left it because my own stream of revenue has become busy and I have more than enough money to last me a year. However this wasn't attained due to a high I.Q only, its because I have a huge drive for success and work extremely hard.

p.s I have a lot more to write about more effective methods but I'll just let you digest this for now.

#57 ·
@GeniusOverlord Thanks for the advice. I want to mention last week I purchased an online software program, geniusintelligence dot com, (they wont let me post an actual link lol)and I am very impressed with it, it comes with a lot of information, multiple things & techniques to use. Image streaming is one of them, its one main foundation exercises they recommend to use, however they also recommend something else as you advance called "Quantum Wave Streaming", which sounded excellent also, in fact I think you mentioned something like that in one of your earlier posts. Anyway, another one of its exercise's is a thing called "Square-D", or N-Back, which I remember reading about few years ago when it came out, & it has been proven to increase mental performance. There is also brain wave music that it came with, as well as other material & recommended exercise's which I haven't even gotten to yet. I have to say in only a week my head feels a little sharper, as one simple way I can notice even slight changes is in speed chess, or blitz, that I play, ones rating is constantly changing reflecting your strength. I don't think my I.Q has actually gone up yet, I just think I began pulling my brain out of the swamp that its been laying in for past 3 years lol & this program training is def helping. Also, I owe you a big thank you, because of searching for that book name, that's how I came across what I did. Ok, have a good one.

#58 ·
GeniusOverlord:.....Hi, I wanted to ask your advice, what exercise's do you do? I try to do image streaming, N-back(the one on the software program I purchased), & a math exercise on same program. They talk about other stuff, like quantum wave streaming, which I think is just image streaming with your eyes open, but one of main issues is time, I only have enough time so sit around doing this stuff, ya know lol, so was curious what you recommend for like the top 3 things to do? Thanks much.

#59 ·
Okay @ant1862 the most effective method for increasing raw intelligence the quickest is QWS or Quantum Wave streaming. It is super heavy weights for the brain, causing the most stimulation. To increase your rate of recovery is meditation, but meditation also prevents burn out and I would say is crucial if you have adhd or are just fatigued from over stimulation and stress. Bare in mind these techniques will cause stress and meditation is your best option.

Anyway you can drop Image Streaming for Quantum Waves streaming, but meditation is crucial for quicker recovery and development. Also Quantum Wave Streaming is more than streaming with your eyes open. Streaming with your eyes open is just a more advanced form of image streaming. Quantum Wave streaming is merging the external world within. So you stream external objects and wait for your subconscious to provide an image to stream and merge it with. I can past an extract for u if that will help, but once you master QWS there is a more rigorous method I have developed, that I wouldn't mind sharing.