Personality Cafe banner

1261 - 1280 of 1307 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yonderboy, it seems my mind is in some weird state and I don't know what it is doing.
My imagery is at the moment and has been for the past week extremely vivid. I haven't been streaming much for the past week. My images seem to have a completely new 'sense' or 'qualia', which 'feels' more distant than it did before. This is the best I can describe it. So, now streaming feels different because the whole sensation is different. It feels less energised I guess? And, it feels as if my imagery is more separate to everyday experience and whilst it is more vivid it is much easier to ignore, to conjure, but less connected to reality. It is a very difficult thing to explain because it is a subjective thing and it is new to me. Have you experienced anything similar before?

EDIT: Well, I'm still figuring out this sensation but I believe it is perhaps evidence of a combination of mood and that I need to increase the difficulty of my streaming.
At the moment I think that what it is, is that my ability to stream has led me to be able to differentiate between a mode of cognition that is streaming and is very aware, and a relaxed mode of cognition. I am able to relax much more now whilst streaming, though it does invoke a certain type of awareness and perception that is too subjective in quality to describe effectively - as if I am simply more mindful yet mindful both in present reality and present imagination.
I don't want to inflate my ego and/or create an attitude/expectation regarding my streaming experiences because that always interrupts continuity and dissociates my descriptions from the randomness and spontaneity that is inherent in the phenomena in streaming and thus necessary to streaming. However, this new sensation is certainly beyond an 'emptiness of mind' that rids of expectations and the ego. It is at the moment too obscure for me to navigate but I found today that I could only stream if changing my 'state of mind' / that obscure 'mindfulness 'sensation I've described.
That idea of 'parallel thought' I'm not sure ever applied to me, or at least it did briefly and very strongly or the benefits have come slowly and thus I'm not aware of such a change. I found it was always a matter of doing things with less thought and being more aware of the direction of my thought, thus enabling a 'topology' one might describe as 'parallel thought'. I found this sensation is very similar to a boost in executive functioning, so perhaps there is a continuity here.
Also, most of the benefits I've experienced since starting streaming involved simply an increase in the number of ideas, an improvement in the qualities of various products of thought, an improved ability to understand things but they never came with a sensation or a 'topology' and that seems to follow what you have described regarding streamers not noticing the effects of their streaming. In essence, I don't know whether I have fully accumulated the benefits of streaming because of people describing 'parallel thought' which I only experienced recently, briefly and quite potently. One person I am talking to describes this effect as kicking in the moment they started. Perhaps it is a matter of native cognitive style. For example, though it is not a great example, there are those in that singular image streaming study that benefitted more than others due to being more of what they called 'left-hemisphere'/'logical' thinking. I have always found my 'bend' left and right at different times in my life prior to streaming, though as a child I was heavily engaged with 'worldplay' which involves a lot of visualisation, creativity and imagination in creating imaginary worlds.
My current solution is to increase the level of analysis in my streaming. That is because of my current understanding which I am more than open to change. I think that as a result of working so hard on the vividity of my images, my proficiency in visualisation has allowed me to separate the activity of imagining/visualisation and present mindfulness with greater ease and that there is always this separation but I have simply become more aware of it. I think this is an issue for streaming because by separating the two modes of cognition, there may no longer be the application of such a cognition without the conscious will to do it. So, I will focus on analysis and application (which is streaming in moving environments).
Another possible explanation is my mood. In the past mood would often limit my motivation and thus my streaming potential. But now with a certain profiency I am able to stream without such a motivation, and without such a motivation I feel more indifferent to the images. Whilst streaming today I did not feel as motivated and did feel a little depressed but my images were still vivid. I think maybe this is a good thing - it shows my streaming is now easier to apply.

These are my present thoughts whilst I still remember them and I can look back at them and give better ideas in the future. I am interested in your input Yonderboy, have you ever experienced a sudden and significant shift in the subjective quality of your streaming before?
amazing. so you are now in advanced level in streaming. you could easily deliberately create vivid imagery ... how about intelligent ? can you easily learn difficult stuff like math , code, or technical stuff like engineering. ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
@nikolatesla ,
I guess I'd say I've gotten more intelligent. I took some standardised tests quite a while and on all the recent tests I've done I scored quite a bit higher than in the past.
But it took a very long time for anything to become noticeable and the effects aren't that consistent at the moment. They're on and off. I'd suggest you don't really worry too much about the effects until you've done a couple good months of streaming.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@nikolatesla ,
I guess I'd say I've gotten more intelligent. I took some standardised tests quite a while and on all the recent tests I've done I scored quite a bit higher than in the past.
But it took a very long time for anything to become noticeable and the effects aren't that consistent at the moment. They're on and off. I'd suggest you don't really worry too much about the effects until you've done a couple good months of streaming.
i have read many individuals who have practice image streaming and qws for years. image streaming to increase memory, qws tend to increase problem solving skill. i believe what and how we describe the image would be vital in regard to effect of the our streaming activity. if we describe like " i smell bla bla" then it would increase our smelling sensitivity, if we describe like " i hear bla vla" then our hearing sensitivity would increase.

i agree our analytical and our description of image would be vital for the result

·
Registered
163 Posts
Has anyone had experiences streaming whilst dreaming, as in analysing your dream whilst simultaneously in the dream?
I had this last night, it was very strange and sometimes now I can remember not only my dreams in vivid detail but the thoughts I had during that dream

·
Registered
163 Posts
Took a week off streaming and it really helped me progress further in terms of conjuring and maintaining an image.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Update: Effects are consistent and most profound after several consecutive days of walk streaming. Otherwise effects begin to regress - an observation.
However I suspect that the subjective nature of these effects is in fact due to the speed at which benefits are reaped from the exercise. Evidence of this is the fact that these 'effects' and associated sensations other than improved memory are only truly felt when doing the more difficult forms of walk streaming - such as walking across and balancing on a beam going along the dock for 20min whilst doing QWS a few times this week.

I suspect that increasing the depth of analysis will amplify effects, possible extend their duration- but only if done in moderation w no. of consecutive days of practice

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey @AndyC, what do you have to say to a beginner? Can image streaming be done every day? Do you have any valuable tips? I practiced casually once, just to test, and I still feel like I did not get enough information about it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Mind07, is there anything you need to know specifically.
I stream almost every day, but I take 2-3 days off streaming a week on average.
Valuable tip: Keep it up and keep healthy and with time you may begin to see differences.

·
Registered
163 Posts
A thought on MDQWS:
MDQWS is not a very useful form of streaming, though this is the case only in the short term < about 4 months.
It seems to only help with high cognitive performance, but without the necessary intuition of its depth. Contrasting this is normal streaming or normal QWS, probably walk streaming just because walk streaming is much more effective. These forms lead to a 'holistic' growth, whereby you can apply the new skills learnt widely and appropriate their use according to your experience with them. MDQWS can not be applied widely so it is not the same, and ends up not being that useful.
However, at some point the normal forms of streaming will bring the individual to a point MDQWS could help you reach for short bursts. At this point, experience with MDQWS would be very useful, as the processes of analysis used could accelerate your progress when you reach this point.
I'd say doing MDQWS should be done if you're thinking of doing streaming consistently for over 4 months, and it will greatly accelerate your growth once you reach that point. But being a heavy exercise, one should be cautious to only do small amounts of MDQWS to avoid burning out and focus on other forms of streaming.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm new to this thread but I'm really interested in what the different streaming methods are, how they're done, what different effects they have, any results of practice, etc.

Just to introduce myself, I'm planning to take Qualia Mind nootropics starting next month, and I'm currently doing this 2hr-ish routine 4 days per week(feel free to comment on these too because I don't think I really know exactly what I'm doing):

-3 4 by 3 mental multiplication problems(long term increases in difficulty depends on how easy it feels)
-20min Position Image N-back(usually around Variable 4 or 5-back on Brainworkshop 4.8.4; I regulate my N-levels according to scores)
-2 games of chess(I suck at chess goddammit)
-30min of a bullet hell game(Vavio)

So, back to my series of questions: what are the different streaming techniques, etc?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Find "The Complete Guide To Genius" online and read the sections on image streaming and quantum wave streaming to get most of the information you're requesting.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome. Let us know how things go after you get a few months in. We're always interested in hearing from those who manage to stream consistently for several months as there aren't that many out there and so information about the effects of streaming are limited to the experiences of only a handful of people.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Carnivore diet>increased energy and focus>more intense streaming sessions>accelerate benefits? Ive read about taking nootropics but what about changing your diet for better results?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Like with everything else, manipulating diet and other peripheral variables is secondary to putting in the work. You should stream for a significant amount of time, only then can you really experiment with whether diet has any modulating effect on your results.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Doe anyone else have trouble with satisfying all five sense when streaming? My visual and tactile perception seem to be good and hearing is decent. As for smell and taste, they seem to struggle, especially when it comes to maintaining the perception. Even if it's a food that i eat regularly, the stimulation of my smell and taste seem to on the tip of my tongue (no pun intended hehe) but I'll either not be able to achieve the perception or I won't be able to maintain it long enough to give it a description.

Not sure if anyone ran into this problem and saw improvement by deploying some practice methods which I plan on doing by focusing solely on smell and taste as a warm up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Carnivore diet>increased energy and focus>more intense streaming sessions>accelerate benefits? Ive read about taking nootropics but what about changing your diet for better results?
This would imply that the carnivore diet actually improves energy and focus. From the little scientific literature that has come about regarding the diet, none of it supports this claim. Most of the evidence behind the diet is anecdotal and coming from those who were struggling heavily with weight and other medical issues. So, it's no wonder that these claims have been made cuz they're kinda true. If you improve your diet, you will notice improvement in energy levels etc. The question that should be asked is would those same improvements be found in someone who was eating a balanced diet and subsequently switched to a carnivore diet.

If you have a twitter I'd recommend following @ kevinnbass He keeps up with the literature and maintains scientific integrity

By all means though, if you want to experiment with the diet I'm not recommending you don't. I just don't want you to go into it with pre-conceived notions which may result in some sort of placebo effect. Some testimonies can be interesting when in the right context and the more to provoke scientific questioning the better

1261 - 1280 of 1307 Posts