Personality Cafe banner

1281 - 1300 of 1307 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, read a lot about IM. QWS here and on the google groups and now decided to start my journey . I am a normal individual, my visualization skills are subpar and well lets see how it goes. I am posting here so I can feel at least somehow accountable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone. Im new here, but in actuality, Ive been perusing this particular thread as a non-member since July of last year. I embarked on my journey with image streaming way back in 2005, but prior to last year, I only really had one period of consistency and commitment over an extensive length of time. February of last year, I sat a entrance test for a particular job & in a room of over 30 people, I was one of the only two people that failed the test. It was a humiliating experience & but the following April of last year, I began to image stream in earnest. I started with 40 minutes a day, 6 days a week of regular, vocalised image streaming & I didnt notice any difference in my intellectual ability until about 6 weeks in. I continued with this training regimen until about July of 2019 & my cognitive ability seemed roughly about the same as it was when I had scored in the mid 130s on a semi professional test I had paid for back in 2009. (My starting IQ, with no image streaming whatsoever, is between 115-120)
I began to try Quantum Wave streaming (the quantum wave streaming described in Complete Guide to Genius, NOT GeniusOverlord's version, which I doubt I'll ever try) in three 20 minute blocks, with 2 5 minute breaks in between, for a total of 70 minutes a day, 5 days a week. I followed this training schedule until around November of last year, when I decided to include 15 minutes of the advanced version of the draw visual harness addition/subtraction game as a warmup before my quantum wave streaming session.
Around January, I became somewhat discouraged with the fact that my mental ability wasnt as powerful as I expected it to be, so I cut out the draw visual harness training & switched completely from quantum wave streaming to advanced, inner eye, non verbal image streaming, 1 hour a day, 5 days a week. This was working well until I began to notice my mathematic ability, which was quite sharp whilst I had been quantum wave streaming, seemed to have receded & I was much slower at basic multiplication. Therefore, in March, I returned to my 15 minute warmup of draw visual harness training & my number crunching speed went back to where it was before.
To summarise, I have trained consistently with image streaming techniques for the last year.
I havnt bothered to test myself and there have definitely been months where it has required extra motivation to continue to stream because I dont notice any gains. So what HAVE my gains been over the past year?

I can tell you that my intuition has developed extremely well. I find myself recognising a pattern before I consciously think of it.
Im kind of a recluse, but I have noticed, in conversation, I will come up with complex solutions to a problem with extreme ease. And often, it takes effort to use words in such a way so that I dont sound overly technical or verbose. Im also much more sarcastic & witty than I ever was.
I dont have a photographic memory, but my autobiographical recall ability has been vastly improved & names I used to forget stick with me much longer. I can also read highly technical scientific writing & sticks with me much longer than it ever did before.
I would say the one ability Ive developed I find most useful is much better working memory with numbers. I can memorise entire strings of numbers very easily, which I find highly useful, since Im a numbers and data oriented person anyway.
I feel like I can improve my intellect even further and with this covid lockdown & being stuck inside all the time, I will continue with my training regimen for a few more months before I fall back & pivot to the 3x a week "top up" sessions meant to maintain the intellectual gains.
One drawback I have from this year of training is that training about 80 minutes a day and working a full time job means you wont have a life during your workweek. To have a productive training session, I require a 1 hour to 1.5 hour nap after a 8-10 hour work day, which means there's about a 3 to 3.5 hour block of my day, 5 days a week, dedicated entirely to mental workout + prep for it.
Another drawback is that I believe as you get more intelligent, you could potentially alienate some people if you dont make an effort to control your disposition to call out the lies or flawed practise in any given situation. It's absolutely tempting to cut into people with smart ass commentary & walk around all day feeling self righteous, but with a little bit of discipline, anyone can overcome that urge.
Anyway, if you're still with me, thank you for reading my long winded post & if you posted here way back in 2017/2018, I'll thank you again, because I got quite a bit from the interactions I read much earlier on in this thread.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow. Honestly I'm glad someone finally posted about their experience. Allow me to speak of my own experience. I've been practicing image streaming since 2018 albeit inconsistently. I initially experienced pretty significant increases in my ability to verbalize and comprehend written information. My thoughts became more visual, clear, and fluid. There were times when stuttering became practically nonexistent. I stopped image streaming for 9 months last year and I experienced a gradual decline in my intelligence. My intelligence dropped back to its base level at least subjectively. I picked off early this January. I've currently on a near 3 month streak and the results are quite pronounced. I can say that the first thing that leapt up for me was my verbal intelligence and reading comprehension. Learning for most subjects has become pretty much intuitive. My problem solving ability has also increased. I am taking a college class in Economics and I got the highest score on the first midterm examination despite being a highschooler. I didn't really make a concerted effort studying so I was surprised. I've noticed that my mathematical ability seems to have increased as well as processing speed. I've recently incorporated PT into my regimen as I find my focus slipping away. So far the two techniques have packed for a powerful punch. I've never practiced advanced IMS or QWS. Standard image streaming itself is quite difficult for me and I believe I may be burning out as my images are losing vividity. I'm surprised that your basic multiplication ability receded. For me the opposite is occurring. Its almost as if my brain is physically changing during IMS, I have to admit that problem solving has yet to increase substantially. All in all image streaming has shown promise. Keep in mind that I practiced DNB + IMS for the first month before shifting to only IMS so the early benefits may have been slightly inflated due to increased working memory. I've only taken online IQ tests and I don't plan to take them anymore until I practice IMS for a solid 9 months? Even then I won't take them seriously. If I experience startling benefits after a year or so then I'll plan to take an official IQ test. This thread was my primary source of motivation to start image streaming as well. Welcome and Thank you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Increasing one's quantitative skills seems to take a very long time with IMS. One must really push with the intensity of ones virtual sensory perception and hyper focus on detail. I'm curious as to how long it takes to notice differences in spatial ability. IQ tests seems to measure this to a significant degree. I care more about solving problems than being able to easily string sentences even though it can be gratifying to do so. My mind has basically shut down the past week and I lost my flow of images. What potential do you think IMS holds objectively in terms of IQ and what are some tips to expedite recovery?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Increasing one's quantitative skills seems to take a very long time with IMS. One must really push with the intensity of ones virtual sensory perception and hyper focus on detail. I'm curious as to how long it takes to notice differences in spatial ability. IQ tests seems to measure this to a significant degree. I care more about solving problems than being able to easily string sentences even though it can be gratifying to do so. My mind has basically shut down the past week and I lost my flow of images. What potential do you think IMS holds objectively in terms of IQ and what are some tips to expedite recovery?
You should be getting your most pronounced bump in IQ scoring within the first 4 months of image streaming. I recall I increased mine around 15 points over a 5 month period about 11 years ago & that was only doing a (lazy) 1/2 hour of image streaming between 4 and 5 days a week. If you are "losing the flow of images", this is because you are overtraining (a common mistake with image streamers, who, in their eagerness to get dramatic gains, take on a technique that their brain isnt in sufficiently good condition do with any kind of effectiveness) or you're mentally burnt out from some other issue (poor nutrition, not a sufficient amount of sleep, which is critical)
Image streaming is like heavyweight training. You dont start out doing 180 pound reps (unless you're a physical beast already), you build up your muscle till you have the capacity to do it. Additionally, you DO NOT try and lift weights when your muscles are sore & tired, that's how you end up injuring yourself or developing bad techniques, which leads to no gains. And you also dont stuff your body with garbage food if youre serious about building muscle.

Take 1 week off, then start training again. If you feel you need to see where you're at mentally, take an IQ test to measure your intellectual improvement. You said you scored higher on one of your exams & that academic work comes easier to you now, so thats definitely an indication that youve become smarter. Before image streaming, I would take iq tests & one consistent theme (apart from my mediocre scores) was that my visual spatial ability was weak & that I was unable to think in images. Image streaming fixed that problem for me.
Also, to continue with the heavyweight training analogy, dont take iq tests right after an image streaming session, thats like doing a strenth test right after youve done an hour of weight training, you wont do as well as you couldve obviously, because you havnt given your muscles enough time to recover.Wait at least 24-36 hours after a session before you bother to try any iq testing. I know it's tempting to do it after a session when your brain is bursting with ideas & your mind is racing, but dont do it if you want an accurate measurement of your intellectual gains.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What are the chances of increasing one's IQ past a standard deviation? Is it achievable?
Sure, you should have that within your first few 4 months of image streaming, if you stick to the beginners schedule (no more than 50 minutes a day of standard image streaming, 5 days a week) ,avoid over-training and put forth good effort in your streaming session. Getting a 20-25 point gain seems to be the standard for people that stream for 6 months. To get more than that, you need to use the more mentally challenging,demanding techniques. But DO NOT attempt them until you begin to notice that you can do a standard image streaming session, with RAPID, EXCEPTIONALLY VIVID DESCRIPTIONS with TOTAL EASE.
For example, I start off my 20 minute block of advanced image streaming with standard, verbal image streaming for 3-5 minute & I can barely get the words out of my mouth fast enough to describe the imagery I see in my minds eye, and Im not just sputtering on about random images either, Im describing objects down to the minute detail & describing EVERY sensory detail.

Until you can do THAT with relative ease for a whole training session (make sure you break up any session longer than 30 minutes into 20 minute blocks with a 5 minute break) you are NOT ready to move on from standard image streaming.

If youre struggling with this, dont be discouraged, it just means you have room for an improvement and intellectual gains. Like I said, give yourself 1 week off with NO training, and stick patiently with the standard streaming until you can do it effortlessly. THEN, you will be ready to move onto the more challenging techniques.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Describing isn't too difficult but the images sometimes turn into an indiscriminate blur and I have no choice but to wait. This may be due to ADHD. It is absolutely herculean in terms of effort for me to keep the image in my mind. Its so difficult to take a break from IMS because I fear that my gains may dissipate. I recall Genius Overlord having ADHD so hopefully that won't serve as an impediment to my gains. I also have difficulty with the smell and visual qualities of the object.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I took a couple online IQ tests. My scores ranged from 84 at the lowest to 162 at the highest. The 162 one was a vast over exaggeration of my abilities. I literally guessed on the last few questions. Some IQ tests gave me a perfectly average score which I'll accept for now. Most of my difficulties have to do with working memory and visual-spatial ability. I admit it is very frustrating when gains don't immediately translate into something objective and I don't know what to trust. I will continue IMS after a few days. I'll focus on P.T. to calm my brain until. I'm done with IQ tests for now. A few weeks ago I had this electric sensation before going to sleep in my frontal lobe region. This was right before the subjective benefits became clearly definitive. I think IMS may have fostered some sort of change in neural circuitry.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Its honestly very frustrating when you get smart enough to know how dumb you are. Its pretty miserable. I've never been more alone on this journey of IMS. I guess I'll have to practice it for years before the landscape of my brain changes. Feeling smarter is not the same as actually being smarter and I don't think getting a near-perfect score on a midterm is hard enough to be an accurate assessment of one's intelligence. Its too easy for it to be so. Its so frustrating having to listen to all the dogma that surrounds intelligence and the only way to disprove it is by making yourself a test-subject of IMS. Its a natural characteristic of the human mind to adapt to its circumstances but unfortunately standard image streaming remains hard. I want to focus on detail and absorb the complexities of my surroundings. I'm tired of seeing fuzzy images. I don't think academic performance is an accurate indicator of intelligence as I do well but am pretty stupid. I just hope that there is some truth to the IQ claims and it is not some sort of prank. The smarter I get the more skeptical I become of its claims. There is no doubt I have gotten smarter but I want to see an objective increase in IQ that is dramatic. Every minute counts. I must take advantage of adolescent neuroplasticity. I will do 50 minutes of IMS + 30 minutes of DNB + 20 minutes of P.T. almost every single day. I need to do P.T. and DNB or else my working memory becomes that of a bacterium insofar. Consistency is key. If people older than me have experienced tangible gains than there should be some merit. I apologize for sounding like an image streaming skeptic but I must further experiment before arriving to a definitive conclusion. I just want to put my mind and heart at peace.

·
Registered
4 Posts
are you average intelligence like me? there is the 30 point communication gap. You won't be able to meaningfully relate to anyone lower. You will feel very lonely and honestly even 2 deviations away would be painfully slow. I can't imagine talking to someone with a 70 IQ. I've talked to some slow people and my ears felt like bleeding (I'm average). You don't need to be a genius to learn fast just above average.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes. I image streamed for a month and felt very sharp. But it wears off if you don't practice. I haven't been practicing and I lost that quick thinking. It's all neuroplasticity, you need to practice more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
if you want to be smart you have to sacrifice yourself to thinking. people who are smarter naturally think more. if you are lazy and stop practicing u will be back to average.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Excuse me, for all people to this Forum.
So i want to Join i wish in the further i could be accept by people in here.

I have a plan Guys, Rather than I.Q itself Why the Goal, Vision. It is The Intelligence it self of course in Large Meaning or Definiton.
Because I.Q is depend by Formula.

If you guys accept me more about my idea which is Not very hard, because everyone could think about it.
We "Secretly", making an team.
An ideal team, Also we might not Very Smart at first But a Great Creative Energy is our energy of Living. To create and something else.

Because im the Millenial Generation, what is the expectation for a few years ahead while Us in a sendentary life, Consuming All the Information.
While the journey is near us,

Attendance?😁

1281 - 1300 of 1307 Posts