Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do different types behave when they're bored? Perhaps you have a story to tell about a bored friend who turned "weird?"

I'll start. One time I was bored in my Chemistry class. I started making sarcastic remarks at the teacher. For example, when he said "name 6.02x10^23" I said, "Kevin. There, I named it." I quickly caught myself, so I just did the chemistry homework for next week. At least something productive came out.

My ISTP was bored, so he used tiny, circular ball of magnets to make a nucleus-like structure. He constructed it in a manner that all the holes align and you can see through the ball of magnets. They're all made of up tiny ball of magnets put otgether in either a triangular or hexagonal shapes. Amazing

Your turn!

·
Registered
ISFP
3,109 Posts
It is difficult for me to get bored. If I get bored, I will start jumping from activity to activity until I find something remotely entertaining. When I was at school, if I got bored, I would start drawing things on the notebook.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I believe that our tertiary functions (and maybe inferior prehaps) become more apparent when we're in a bored state. So for example, a really bored INFJ may start acting more rational and analytical with Ti being their tertiary function.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It is difficult for me to get bored. If I get bored, I will start jumping from activity to activity until I find something remotely entertaining. When I was at school, if I got bored, I would start drawing things on the notebook.
Drawing in the notebook sounds like something most Feelers do :/ speaking from personal experience

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bored one night. Stayed up until 2 AM to write my ISTP a letter about how much I appreciate him and want to stand by his side. ENTJ soft side revealed lol

·
Banned
2,042 Posts
I'm a simple man. I masturbate and look at memes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mmh, when I get bored I usually start daydreaming if there is not anything else to do. If I'm in my home I'll probably go to sleep or what @Stawker said, lawl. I would probably masturbate and watch memes.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
My mom is an antique dealer, so a large part of my childhood was spent waiting in cars, at furniture auctions, antique malls, and flea markets for HOURS at a time with very little or nothing to do. I learned to keep myself entertained, and honestly, I think it was probably really good for me. I learned to communicate with adults at a very early age, and developed a very vibrant world inside my head.

As a result, I actually have a pretty impressive capacity for boredom-avoidance. If I have nothing to do, I just sit there and relish it and go off in my own little world or start working on some project.

In the event that I do get bored and working on a project doesn't appeal to me, I get fidgety and might start pacing.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
I get bored all the time, very quickly too. If I'm still stuck in the situation when I'm bored I become very frustrated. But most of the time it depends on the environment I'm in. If I'm bored at work I either get angry, or work at my own pace... If at home my mind trends to go blank and I'll probably just stare into nothingness or go to sleep, or start daydreaming. Hahahaha.

Actually, I'm at my sister's house at the moment and I'm quite bored. Its 9am, so its not like I can climb back into bed... I mean I'm not at home. If I was I'd go back to bed and daydream xD But I think my sister is ExTx sooooo... Nope, I gotta be up. If there's nothing interesting to talk about then we don't really talk much... I mean we're really close though. I'm probably just gonna be on these forums for a while.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I get bored all the time, very quickly too. If I'm still stuck in the situation when I'm bored I become very frustrated. But most of the time it depends on the environment I'm in. If I'm bored at work I either get angry, or work at my own pace... If at home my mind trends to go blank and I'll probably just stare into nothingness or go to sleep, or start daydreaming. Hahahaha.

Actually, I'm at my sister's house at the moment and I'm quite bored. Its 9am, so its not like I can climb back into bed... I mean I'm not at home. If I was I'd go back to bed and daydream xD But I think my sister is ExTx sooooo... Nope, I gotta be up. If there's nothing interesting to talk about then we don't really talk much... I mean we're really close though. I'm probably just gonna be on these forums for a while.
I'm ENTJ, and I like to stay in bed until 11 on weekends even though I wake up at like 9. Just think, read, watch videos, or do something in bed is so refreshing.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Bored... mmm... no, that's not happening ever.... ;-)

Seriously, first I try to interact with people around me, if nobody around then I try to reach people by forums like this one -personally I pride my privacy so much that I don't even have Facebook- or try to learn something creative (writing, drawing, photography, matematics, physics). If I'm really deprived of any chance of societal contact and no internet, then I resort to reading. If I don't even have nothing to read, nobody to interact, and no way to communicate outside, then I try to explore a way out of that place. Seriously, in the few occasions I've been in the last situation, I've been going though all fences and even risking a lot, e.g. swimming long distances, to just find a way out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts