Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
I don't think I get bored usually in the conventional sense. I wonder if I have ADD maybe.

If for example the internet is out from some technical difficulty, I will pick up some random project that I may have half started. Or just lay and think. I can think for hours of dreams or stress and occupy my mind. Even in like a boring discussion or meeting I am able to space the topic out and remove myself from it and think of something different.

Read Only
What stuff do you do when bored out of your mind?
-_- Seems like, at least for me personally, the way I'm wired causes me to get bored really easily.
Yyyeeah. I know.
At this stage of my life I am busy with some personally important, and work- and time-intensive project, so I am relatively okay. Most of the times I don't have this problem, just yet.
But I know this horrible state rather very well: intense, nagging, claustrophobic boredom. I'm boxed in, and don't have enough air, and I must break away.
Self-reflection / daydreaming solves the problem for me, to find a task that is personally meaningful and is worthwhile pursuing. Learning a new dream skill, branching out into a new project that might turn out into a career. I might just start that thing I've always wanted to do.

Registered
I dont really get bored anymore, always something to think about/do! I used to get bored as a kid and found video games, books and walks helped.

Registered
Yyyeeah. I know.
At this stage of my life I am busy with some personally important, and work- and time-intensive project, so I am relatively okay. Most of the times I don't have this problem, just yet.
But I know this horrible state rather very well: intense, nagging, claustrophobic boredom. I'm boxed in, and don't have enough air, and I must break away.
Self-reflection / daydreaming solves the problem for me, to find a task that is personally meaningful and is worthwhile pursuing. Learning a new dream skill, branching out into a new project that might turn out into a career. I might just start that thing I've always wanted to do.
absolutely hated those types of boredoms because then nothing really fulfills that, even the things you would normally do like internet. At that point i would just start wandering around the house, not thinking about anything at all, or even go outside because it's different than being inside with the intense boredom clutching me.

What stuff do you do when bored out of your mind?
-_- Seems like, at least for me personally, the way I'm wired causes me to get bored really easily.
I can relate. I expect boredom knocking on my door everyday when i'm running out of stuff to do on the internet.
Daydreaming can keep me occupied, sure , but at the same time, it's not really fulfilling. Videogames and books are definetely a help. Although for me, videogames cost money, and i still need to obtain the books on my booklist. via internet.
watching movies could also help, although one can run out of good movies to watch.
When i was young and browsing the internet, i would read a bunch of wikipedia articles.
I draw, but that's just me, and there are times where even that's not enough.
Cleaning my room is surprisingly fun, especially when finding artifacts from the great past.
I'm also currently making a list of things i want to do or obtain for the future, such as investing in a bike, cooking, or building a PC, and then listing bullet points on how to achieve such things. hooray for planning.

or i could just pace around back and forth wondering what the hell i'm doing with my life.

Registered
I don't usually have time to get bored like I used to, too many things on the back burner these days, and if I can't think of anything, my INFJ has a "honey do" list that would keep a small nation occupied for several millennia.

When I was younger, I'd wander around a library or bookstore, looking for something that caught my attention. (We had the BBS back in the Dark Ages, it was just really slow and expensive. Like, "make dinner while waiting for a page of text to download" slow.) Most of those interests I didn't pursue long (knitting), but I treated them similarly to how most people would treat a video game these days, study/try the new interest long enough to grasp, if not become somewhat skilled in it. Sometimes I did so because it was a skill for a dream job or lifestyle, sometimes it was a TEOTWAWKI prepper skill that caught my attention, other times it was an (often poor) attempt to become more INTP-like.

Other times, I'd daydream, and often that would lead to me writing about various bits of wisdom, crazy ideas, humor, or inventions. Often, those would springboard me into researching something new, and before long, I wasn't bored anymore.

As I got older, I began to explore various art forms, and those items tended to pile up around the house alongside more technical projects, so when I started to feel bored, I always had some half-finished artwork, pile of electronics, or mechanical gizmo staring back at me.

My numerous interests have continued to grow as I've gotten older, so boredom hasn't been a problem in a several years. That said, I occasionally claim boredom, in order to carve out time to pursue another hobby, like when my INFJ asks me why I'm walking into the house with a pile of random items for a new interest.

Registered
This. Once this got so intense i was breathing heavy and loud, so much so that my parents took me to the hospital, and i agreed i should go (i generally don't care). There was nothing wrong, they just treated the symptom and that was it. Happened again another times but didn't have to get to the hospital. That was certainly more interesting than being bored though haha.

Update: Oops, forgot to answer the thread. So, when i'm bored i usually... do something different. Yeah, that sums it up.

Banned
@JB Nobody summed it up well. For an older ISTP, boredom seems very hard to achieve. So many things to do and repair and organize and clean and do. Hundreds of books to read. Yard to mow. Workshop with numerous projects in any state of progress to continue. Friends to entertain. Bike to ride.

Actually, I'd kind of like to be bored again, once in a while.

Registered
It depends on where I am. If I'm away from home, there's usually no way for me to get bored because there's almost always something interesting to look at or a certain activity to practice. However, if I'm at home and bored (as usual) I just waste my time on the internet and look stuff up on google that relates to whatever I happen to be obsessed with at the moment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.