Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is an ESTP. True to MBTI, the only things we have in common, temperamentally, have to do with our perceiving. She's SUPER extroverted, and knows someone pretty much everywhere we go. She's afraid of exactly... nothing--except the Elephant Man--and is very relaxed. She's fun to be around, and she always has a story to tell. We've known each other since we were five. Even though we've never lived close to one another, we've always kept in contact. I love her so much. We always joke we're going to kill each other, and we probably will, because I know neither of us would let anybody else hurt the other person. xD She has a lot of flaws, too, but this should be a thread to increase positive feelings about our best friends, not negative ones. It is a bragging thread, after all!

I think we're both lowercase 'p' also. Even though I find a lot of the socionics stuff I've read a little much, I think the "duality" thing describes us pretty well.

What do you like about your best friend? Remember, this is a bragging thread, so good things only!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
My best friend is an INTJ. I've known him for 15 years. He is a philosopher. He's doing his masters at the moment and lecturers at a university. He will do a Phd eventually. He is incredibly smart and has a talent for challenging social norms. Almost everyone agrees that even if they don't agree with everything he says, he always has a well reasoned argument for what believes. He is so thorough with his views!

He has a great sense of humor. He can appear abrasive on the surface but he is actually a very caring and loyal person deep down.

He won't compromise on what he thinks is right for anything. He lives by a strict moral code.

He's provided me with a lot of support and encouragement in my life.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I got some time to kill, why not.

I won't bore you about my husband, an INTP. I think i'll talk about my best lady friend instead. I've known her since 1991 or so. She is an ESFJ, which strikes me as odd because my mom is an ESFJ and we clash like alley cats. She isn't quite the 'traditionalist' you might think when you hear esfj. She is actually quite a rebel in some areas, like gender roles. She has been mistaken for a guy many times. She's not feminine or pretty looking, she doesn't wear makeup, dresses, bright colors, any of that. She wears men's clothes and even sits like a man. But she is totally not a man. She has many feminine personality qualities. She is such a nurturer and she has the biggest heart. She think about the people she loves all the time and just wants the best for everyone. She will sit there and give me the greatest advice, honest and straightforward, and touch on things I hadn't considered. She is wise beyond her years.

She is extremely independent and resents any type of help you may offer to her. She basically had to fend for herself when she was a teen because her parents got divorced and they would put her in the middle a lot. She went from house to house frequently and realized the only person she can truly rely on is herself. She ended up being a rebel in high school and left the main school and attended the alternative high school for the "bad" kids. But she wasn't mean, she just didn't want to follow the rules. She got drunk in school a few times and she smoked cigarettes. She stood up to the teachers and wasn't afraid of telling people off. She was my bad influence, heh. She's a tough cookie and i love her so much. to this day, she and I keep in contact every few days and she is the number one friend I have right now during my pregnancy. She puts so much effort into giving me advice and thinking about my future, it's great. It's like having a mom that I actually do get along with. :)

aw, I miss her. She lives 5 hours away...

1,636 Posts
I don't like to say i have a best friend but i like to say i have few close friends and the one is the closest lately.

All in all - my closest friend is an ISFP. We attend the same faculty and go dancing together. We spend our free time together talking about everything that crosses our minds at coffee shops. We are mostly lazy together talking a lot but doing a little but i like the way we can talk about what bothers us in this life and what do we want and how to improve ourselves. We know each other for one year now but we spent many time together - mostly every day for few hours so we got close pretty fast and became good friends. She is cool person, she is often very randomly funny with saying things like "i have always some kinds of bugs in springs. The best thing is when i speak to them and they listen what i say!!!" lol she says things like that randomly and im always like "you are doctor dolittle or smth???" haha but it's a lot of fun to hear her talk about how she has no luck and she tries to optimistic but always smth random gets in her way. Like if it's a sunny day and she decides to sit on her bike and ride, what will happen is that it will probably start raining as soon as she leaves the building hahaha i know it sounds terrible but i like it when we became good friends we could always joke about when smth bad happens to us in the end...it's good when things end with laugh. She is more open then me about feelings. We are both Fi dom but i am more protective of my inner happening then she is probably, she has less trouble saying how she feels. unfortunately, my process is very much internal and very introverted - we are complete opposite here. I think we are not very similar in many things but i think in core or in many more important things we are. We have completely different tastes and traits and preferences but we both accept each other's differences so that brings us together.
All in all i think i have a really good friend in her and i can gladly say that one day when she asks me to punch her nose cuz she can't breathe on it and it bother's her, i will gladly do that for her :) *good friend*

Reactions: neologismaker
1 - 5 of 5 Posts