Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At different times throughout my life I've considered that, if it came down to it, it might be alright being a brain in a bottle (à la Futurama). Would you be okay as a brain in a bottle?

·
Registered
ENTP 9w1 sx/so
1,369 Posts
My first reaction to the title of this thread: "Ooh, sexy."

'nuff said.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Only if I could operate with my brain a machine which would sprinkle psychedelic flakes into the jar so I could do something other than think and be totally bored and tortured for eternity.

Kellogg's® Heroin Flakes®, anyone?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Oh god, why is it every Futurama clip leaves me in hysterics.

I would enjoy it, as long as like Nixon I had a damn fine body.

So basically life would continue as normal....hehe

Reactions: Ista

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hmmm... Brains evolved with the rest of the body package... they're rather biased in favor of it. If they stop getting the kind of stimulation and feedback they expect from bodies, they might not do so well.

But if we get to the point where we can keep whole live brains sitting around in life support systems, and zap them and bathe them in neurotransmitters correctly, it might be pretty nice. It would obviously be excellent to have some kind of Matrix-like virtual reality where you could do anything or imagine anything you wanted, and have that connected with the rest of the internet; as long as some evil master control program didn't take over the whole thing.

Then of course, there's always the possibility that I'm already a brain in a bottle and I just don't know it...

Only if it was like that game, Cortex Command.
Just looked that up... looks pretty sweet. :mellow:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts