1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Maybe ISFP? Like the band lyrics... I don't really know, people say that the band is quite ISFP though.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
AAAARGH BRANDON FLOWERS <3 <3 *Transforms into a rabid fangirl*

.... I mean... uh.....

<.<

>.>

Yeah he does seem pretty ISFP methinks.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I'm not really sure to be honest. To me, he does have a sense of INFJ to him, but I could see ISFP as well. He's definitely an IxFx though.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'd second that.

Here's my favorite clip of the boys :D
As you know (now) Brandon doesn't drink, but Dave... Dave, Dave, Dave. *tuts and shakes head*

Warning: does include the F-bomb.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
fo' sho' an isfp. think of other artists like him that i believe are the same type as well. michael jackson, bob dylan, paul mccartney, cher. very personal, introverts, yet are quite the performers when they need/have to be.

The act of the art, the music, is the all encompassing passion. Looking up tons of other interviews of brandon flowers, mj, that's just the impression i tend to get from them, that they are isfp's like myself. I get very shy and reserved when it comes to talking about things in person especially with people i don't know or answering questions on a topic. or being called on in a class to make an answer or offer an opinion.

except through music and photography and that's where i prefer to 'speak up' so to say.to take something that matters to me: a person, an event, a thing, a place, and make something meaningful and emotional out of it.

brandon flowers constantly mentions being inspired by a place, or places, like las vegas, the mojave desert, nephi Utah where he's from, dusty roads

notice how he is in interviews as well, very shy/ withdrawn/reserved when answering questions. verbally he's not the most descriptive either. he avoids alot of eye contact. an isfp friend of mine as well as myself often do that in new social situations when talking with people we don't know yet who pry into our personal issues or ask a ton of questions about us. the dude has to be isfp.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I just thought: whooaaaa Brandon Flowers xD
but yeah, I think he's an NF for sure.
(i had to say something more than *he's one of the hottest men in nowadays' music! xD*

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Yeah, so I kinda swore that I would marry him >.>'

I would guess ISFP :)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Can someone point out what makes him seem more Se>Ni than Ne>Si?

I can see the IxFP, but I have a hard time seeing the exact reason people are homing in on ISFP.
@cityofcircuits pointed out that he is inspired by actual places, but couldn't that also be Ne+Si? Especially if his way of speaking is 'not the most descriptive'?

I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong, I'm just genuinely puzzled as to what people are seeing that I don't.
I don't really listen to any of The Killers' music aside from their singles, so my best guess is that a lot of what's been said here stems from his lyrics.

·
Registered
190 Posts
INFP was my gut instinct when I first saw a killers music video a few minutes ago, so I definitely get that impression too. Also, being inspired by a place (specific sensory memory) is generally a characteristic of Ne>Si rather than Se>Ni. So I agree with you. I think he's an INFP.

Reactions: TheNewThirteen

·
Registered
13 Posts
INFJ or INFP. It's hard for me to tell which one eventhough these two types are quite different... I'd guess INFJ because he seems to be all over the place (deep) but still focused, and in general he seems more INFJ to me, the eyes and everything. But on the other hand he reminds me a lot of one INFP musician that I happen to know. Probably enneagram 4.

·
Registered
223 Posts
INFJ or INFP. It's hard for me to tell which one eventhough these two types are quite different... I'd guess INFJ because he seems to be all over the place (deep) but still focused, and in general he seems more INFJ to me, the eyes and everything. But on the other hand he reminds me a lot of one INFP musician that I happen to know. Probably enneagram 4.
I dunno about INFJ. Brandon doesn't seem to exhibit aux Fe traits. To me, he seems like an Fi dom, but I could be wrong. In his music and lyrics, he tries to create a specific feeling that's important to him. I read somewhere that "Read My Mind" is his favorite song he wrote and, to him, his most important song. That's an incredibly personal song. He doesn't seem to create a world with his songs, it looks like he derives details and imagery that he likes.

I would say ISFP.

·
May Child
1,123 Posts
Honestly I could easily see him being typed as either ISFP or INFJ OR INFP at first glance, however, I would say that he is an ISFP. I agree with @TheNewThirteen Brandon rarely exhibits Fe traits. Then again, he is so incredibly introverted that it can be hard to tell. He seems to be the 'keep to himself' type, with no interest in controlling anybody yet holds personal beliefs about how things should be. He also (assuming he chooses the majority of his wardrobe) has an eye for aesthetics common to the ISFP.

On a side note, he also seems to be incredibly self critical as well as a perfectionist.

Edit: I have included a video where I believe he is more comfortable than most others in which he is very reserved. Might help.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
He's a self-confessed attention seeker who loves the hustle and bustle of city-life. Extravert.
Although he's often seen as arrogant, I believe him when he says he just wants everyone to be nice and that his 'cockiness' comes from an enthusiasm to show people his music - he says himself that he loses his temper frequently - this is characteristic of ExFx types.

With regards to S/N, although he has a penchant for fashion and dressing up - stereotypically 'S' traits - I believe his awareness of long term goals and realizing various possibilities and outcomes of practically every situation and question posed to him has him leaning a little more N, he's also brilliant at spotting connections between things, cause-and-effect that kind of thing, and he vocalises these connections - for this reason, I believe his N is actually his strongest preference, so, ENxP here.
He's very quick on his fit with regards to his wit as well.

Was it Lenore Thomson who said you could practically gauge the current fashion by looking at what the ESxPs are wearing?
That's totally not Brandon. He dresses up, he stands out - he is obviously not following trends.

All in all, I'd peg him as an ENFP.
I understand this is an older thread, but this guy is clearly not an ISFP.

Reactions: khcs
1 - 19 of 19 Posts