Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke up with my boyfriend yesterday... We've been together for a year and a half and I was getting really irritated over all the stupid small things he does. We have differences in our views and core values and I thought there was no way for us to make it work anymore. I told him all that and he said he didn't want to give up, but I kept insisting we were interfering with each other's progress and happiness, and not really getting along at all. I'm really confused as to what I am, what I want and how to do it, and I thought that the relationship was holding me back from getting to know myself better. We've been bickering constantly for a few months, and it was usually me who started it, because I was tired and irritable almost 24/7.

But the second I saw his back, something in me died. I can't. He said he understood I was confused and would wait for me to figure out if I want to be alone or go back together with him. That would usually be a superb offer, but I'm leaving for a week-long summer camp on Sunday (the 22nd) and I won't be able to talk to him and fix things if I make up my mind during my stay there. So, I can talk to him either tomorrow or on the 29th.

As for my state of mind, I'm a mess. I've broken up with guys before and I've never regretted it - never felt anything even remotely close to what I'm feeling now. I miss him and I want him back no matter what. My best friend says it would be better for me to wait until after the camp so I can be sure my decision, whatever it is, is final. I know it seems stupid that I dumped him yesterday and already regret it so much, but I realised how much he means to me... The only reason I didn't call him 15 minutes after he left was that I didn't want to do something stupid in the heat of the moment. But I've barely been able to stop crying (pathetic, I know) all day and I really feel like I ruined something amazing.

He's a very sensitive person and I won't be able to sleep knowing what he's going through... Camp might be a distraction, but do I really want to go there in this condition? I'm afraid I won't be able to enjoy it at all.

In short: should I talk to him tomorrow or wait until I come back? I'm very uncomfortable with the second idea, but...

·
Registered
870 Posts
Well, I'm no expert in this area, but if it were me.

I would just tell him how you feel. Just makes sure he knows how much he means to you and say that maybe you'll have a clearer head when you get back from camp. I think that's all you really can do. But you know, whatever happens, it sounds like you two are really close so I wish you the best.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Well at least you care about him enough to consider his feelings. Wish i had a girl like that. In any case, do what you want to do, it is usually in the back of your mind already. Do you want to spend your life with him or not? All it really matters.
+ If you decide to get together again, talk about things that bother you. He may be willing to make some adjustments. Note SOME, don't force it too much

Reactions: Lullaby

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. I talked to him for a few minutes today and promised I'd give him an answer right after I come back. I really want to make it easier for the two of us and just get back together today, but it would be better for me to have some time away from town to think it over again. It's weird when you've wanted to break up with someone for over a month and then just can't stop thinking you made a mistake. I'd rather take a bit longer to decide and be sure, than rush head first and regret it later. He deserves the truth.

Thank you again. <3 I really needed some advice on this.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
This is all normal in a break up. However, you seem to be pretty fair and considerate. Sometimes in this situation it gets real ugly! It sounds like just typical growing pains in a relationship.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts