Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it okay to break up with a person through texting or email? What if you met online? Is it okay to break up with a person without the responsibility of seeing the effects of what you are saying on another person's face?

Is this just balls-less?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
If I am with somebody it means I have trusted them 100% with my emotions and have hopefully formed a very meaningful bond with that person.

So to end that kind of connection with something as impersonal as a few words not even said in person? yes that is pretty much the stupidest way I can think of to break up with someone.

That is not how you end a real relationship, that is how you let your FWB know you can't hook up with them every saturday anymore.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
You can do it to show them they're not worth a call or meeting face to face.
When I turn my back on someone it's as if they are dead and don't exist.
I'm actually surprised when I run into.

I'm saying too much, I probably come off like a lunatic.

·
Registered
526 Posts
NEVER okay. Not ever. Had it done to me once, god awful. Man up, grow a pair, and come talk to my face. :angry:

Reactions: pinkrasputin

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Face-to-face is best; not just for breakup, but for all communications.
I really have to agree with you on this. I think people in relationships can get away with being irresponsible especially if we are not respecting each other and giving eye contact. It's too easy to just "run away".

I hope most men and women think like you. But I've had too many interactions with email and texts to know that this isn't always the case. It feels awful.

If you are planning on the breakup, why would you care if it is "balls-less"? You are female.
Haha. No. I am not planning to break up over text. Nor would I ever break up over text or email. I need the other person to fully understand me and I want to be receptive to what the other person has to say. I'm a big believer in communication. But unfortunately, I have been broken up with through texting. It's unbelievable. It sort of feels like your heart stops.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Texting is rank. Worst I did was phone, but she was kinda physically intimidating me, quite unhinged, and lived quite far away. Besides, phone is a million times more emotional than text. Text says "you are not even worth email". Text says "My feelings for you fit in 160 characters, probably misspelled".

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I was broken up with over text, which was ironic because we barely ever texted each other about important thing.

Her reason, "I couldn't say this to your perfect face" her real reason; she was a fucking coward. What made it worse was she wouldn't text me back so I wasn't getting the info I needed, my family were with me, she didn't ask if I were alone. I cried in front of them but you know, since we were lesbains no-one knew we were together. It was agony.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
It's freaking disrespectful. The person should have the guts to come up to you and tell you face to face. There's a reason you were in a relationship in the first place, and you're supposed to be comfortable enough with the other person to be able to tell them. A text is so meaningless... it's just idiotic.

I'm glad it never happened to me!!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I was broken up with over text, which was ironic because we barely ever texted each other about important thing.

Her reason, "I couldn't say this to your perfect face" her real reason; she was a fucking coward. What made it worse was she wouldn't text me back so I wasn't getting the info I needed, my family were with me, she didn't ask if I were alone. I cried in front of them but you know, since we were lesbains no-one knew we were together. It was agony.
Thanks for sharing that. I'm sorry that happened to you. I really am.

·
Registered
752 Posts
It's never happened to me, but I would not want to break up through texting, and definitely do not want to be on the receiving end of it.

I'll make the effort to come to you face to face if I have to end it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.