Votes: 2 16.7%
  • generation Z

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you an early boomer or a late boomer or a generation joneser or a nonboomer? I was curious so I'm making this poll. All are welcome to vote. Also all are welcome to comment. You can choose more than one, if it applies to you.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you were born in the mid 1960s, you could choose more than one if you feel that you identify with more than one (generation jones and generation x). That's why I said "about 1965," to leave it open to interpretation.

Excuse me,

how could we choose more than one?

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Just to satisfy my curiosity, is there anyone on this forum born before December, 1941?
I was, in May; I'm a member of the "Silent Generation"

As far as I know, the most conclusive work done regarding the generations was done by Strauss & Howe. There book Generations takes into account the generations from the founding if the country to the present. America as regarding its generations has developed its own generational cycles separately and more more less apart from he rest of the world and the cycles are well defined as being about 80 years in their book.

As for the Silent Generation:
" The Silent Generation, with birth years of 1925 to 1942, has been compliant, process-oriented, and especially attuned to "fair play," toleration, and compromise. The "silenters" have two other demographic features which shape their characteristics: They are the smallest and the most homogeneous of all the generations now alive in America. This has meant an eagerness to welcome diversity as a way of breaking up the boredom, and it has meant seeking vehicles for including diverse elements without controversy or divisiveness--hence conflict management and inclusiveness.

STRAUSS AND HOWE'S GENERATIONAL THEORY: SOME IMPLICATIONS

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
I was, in May; I'm a member of the "Silent Generation"

As far as I know, the most conclusive work done regarding the generations was done by Strauss & Howe. There book Generations takes into account the generations from the founding if the country to the present. America as regarding its generations has developed its own generational cycles separately and more more less apart from he rest of the world and the cycles are well defined as being about 80 years in their book.

As for the Silent Generation:
" The Silent Generation, with birth years of 1925 to 1942, has been compliant, process-oriented, and especially attuned to "fair play," toleration, and compromise. The "silenters" have two other demographic features which shape their characteristics: They are the smallest and the most homogeneous of all the generations now alive in America. This has meant an eagerness to welcome diversity as a way of breaking up the boredom, and it has meant seeking vehicles for including diverse elements without controversy or divisiveness--hence conflict management and inclusiveness.

STRAUSS AND HOWE'S GENERATIONAL THEORY: SOME IMPLICATIONS
Dang it all! I thought I was finally first at siomething.
Oh, well, second is not too bad - If you pass away maybe I will get your crown.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts