Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. So I watched this video this morning and I've been stuck on it ever since. Tbh it really brought me down hahah. I'm going to wait for others to reply before I give my opinion on what I think of it, so I'm just gonna leave this here and you guys tell me what ya think. Do you agree with it? If so, what do you agree with? If not, why? How do you think INFP's are normally portrayed? What stereotypes do you think are incorrect about INFPs and what is true about them instead? Any other input is most welcome. :kitteh:

·
Registered
66 Posts
LOL BRO. That lady is one of either two:

1. A serious projection whore.

2. A professional troll.

She has some of the most hilarious videos. If you go through any of her stuff, you'll find this principle: INFJs are perfect (her type), ESTPs are perfect (her dual), Te is stupid, Fi is manipulative. So basically the only functions she accepts are: Ti, Ni, Se, and Fe; basically her own functions. Anything else is terrible. xD

Hahahaha don't take her seriously please.

"You is kind. You is smart. You is important." :D

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I just watched the whole video. But I haven't seen her others, yet.

Instant issue - while I agree in a debate that Js want a conclusion or something to come from the discussion and in my experience and observations, Ps are a lot more willing to let it drag on and on without purpose or conclusion. Saying Js see the argument from both sides and Ps don't is incorrect. I've met just as many Js, often ESFJs and ESTJs (but really they can be of any type) not willing to listen to opinions that aren't theirs. And I've met many ENTPs and ENFPs who desperately want to understand your point of view in a debate, which is why they're letting it drag on - until they feel they definitely get where you're coming from, they're going to keep bombarding you with questions.

"J types are less judgemental" = WTF? No, not true at all. Although again, I feel my P acquaintances are significantly more 'go with the flow' so in arguments, they don't require as much closure as J types do. But that's not to say they don't require any.

In the movie scenario, I have had INFPs do that to me - their attitude is plainly :"if you're not with me, you're against me". "If you're not immediately agreeing with my view (an extension of myself), you hate me". However, I've had many Js do the same - particularly the extroverted J types. This is not exclusive to type - it's just immaturity if a person cannot accept that you're aren't into what they are. In particular, I've met many ESTJs and ISTPs completely incapable of seeing points of views which aren't their own.

Enneagrams, as people have mentioned on this forum, make a big difference within types too. But I have noticed a common pattern that I agree with her stating - the Te-Fi combination often relates its views as a standard and the Ti-Fe combination often relates its views as one you just don't understand if you aren't agreeing.

She says INFPs are selfish and only concerned with their own place in the world, so really they aren't as genuine as they think they are. I think INFJs can be similar (at our worst). INFPs and INFJs are both trying to make a 'better' world, whatever it is they think better is and they want people to move like chess pieces to fit that new model they've conjured up. So while they do genuinely care about people (which she says they don't), they are both personally offended if you don't see how 'good' their plan of action is because these types are extremely idealistic. Immature ones might be thinking: "My plan is so good, how can you not be willing to be apart of my vision?"

It's not always in a bad way, but I do agree that Fi doms see their views (often, not always) as an extension of their identity. So you're not just criticising their viewpoint or argument, you're attacking a part of them so it feels like a personal attack. Ni doms are a little less inclined to take things this personally since we don't lead with such an intense, feeling function like Fi. Ni is pretty amoral.

At point 6:03 in the video, I'm now very confident that she does have a personal gripe with INFPs and it's painfully obvious that she is being biased.

I find it strange she'd use INFJs and ISFJs as her immediate example of confronting the INFP on their bullshit. Is she not aware that INFJs and ISFJs are generally conflict avoidant? We can often see an argument coming a mile away and we don't enjoy them. Extroverted types like ESTJ or even ENTP are likely going to be a lot more assertive in calling someone out.

As such a private type, I do take issue with her saying they want to be a centre of attention - most of the time they don't. Unless they're advocating a view they think you should have - or are a type 4w3. Plus, I think it'd be more wise for her to distinguish young INFPs who likely haven't developed their Te and older ones, and ones of different enneagrams but she's just lumping them all together as terrible people.

Okay, her talking about swatting INFPs away like flies when they're trying to talk to her is just catty and a low-blow. Again, it's worrisome that she thinks all INFPs need 'help' as it's suggesting they were born faulty or something and only she can assist them in not being defective.

I do think a particularly idealistic, politically inclined INFP might only want to surround themselves with people who agree with their ideologies but for her to say: "That's the way you grow" = doesn't make sense. While I agree many young immature INFPs need a lot of affirmation and validation and shy away from criticism, it doesn't make sense to say this is how they grow as a person. No, that's how you stunt a person's development - by pacifying all of their worries about themselves by saying they have no issues, they are already perfect. Which is why if I believe any of my friends, no matter what type, are being delusional, I will say so.

Talking about how INFPs are trying to make everyone (falsely) believe they are the standard of perfection is a bit much. I've never met an INFP like this, nor witnessed one online. All of the INFPs I know are pretty melancholic because they're 'trying' to get to this idea of perfection their Fi tells them is the standard.

"They want to be sheep" - in my experience with the INFPs in my life, they are the complete opposite. They want to be seen as an individual but they're also prone to extremes. Either they have zero confidence in themselves and will mould their behaviour to any community they are apart of so they aren't left behind (but are begrudgingly doing so) or they are the stereotypical hippy flipping the bird to any form of conformity. Because they want to be seen as a beacon of change, counter-culture and individualism. So sheep, they are not. Naive in many ways? Often.

Then I think she's giving INFJs a bit too much credit. Yes, we are likely to say if everyone just agrees blindly with some argument, lets have a look at it and dismantle and destroy it to see if it can stand up on it's own two legs. INTJs are similar. But I don't think INFPs, none that I have encountered, have had the attitude that suggests they think: "If everyone else says so, it must be true." This isn't an Fi thing because ISFPs are the same.

If she's talking about INFPs not being able to dress themselves, I think they've got it down - they tend to care much more about their presentation than INFJs do. We care about being socially acceptable and not drawing attention to ourselves unnecessarily but otherwise we're terrible at taking care ourselves because we're focused on others (Fe). I only agree with her if she's talking about young INFPs being idealistic to the point of being unrealistic about how to live in the real world i.e. financially support themselves, plan for the future, do things in a timely order. The ones I've met aren't great at those things but they certainly do not look up to the ESTJ standard.

Again, most of the INFPs I've encountered are not sheep - especially when it comes to 'new things'. ISFJs and ISTJs (being Si doms) feel a lot more safe with traditional routes of medicine whereas INFPs being Fi-Ne, tend to be a lot more willing and open to try new things and being a P type, they don't feel as much of a need to definitely know what the outcome will be as the traditionalist types do.

I would say a large chunk of the INFPs I've known have been type 4s, so I agree with her on that. But then I don't see how she came to conclusion of INFPs being sheep - type 4s usually epitomise the complete opposite of that. So her argument is both wrong and inconsistent.

She ends with the self-righteousness - INFJs can be self-righteous too but I don't hear her mentioning that. INTJs can be intellectually self-righteous: "Everyone else is dumb." This video didn't achieve much in my opinion, other than showing her bold ignorance and bias against INFPs.

I think the reason this video seems so mean, and it is, is because she's only focusing on negative traits she's witnessed and not a rounded view of strengths and weaknesses. Which is what one would expect from a title like "MBTI: INFP". If you're only focusing on critique, your title should suggest as much.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I was hoping that nobody will talk about her because I think she is doing more harm than good in general. I already post about what I think of her in another thread http://personalitycafe.com/enfj-forum-givers/958970-loony-delirias-insights-enfj.html and people in this thread was prizing her observation.
People before me already state that she is biased, and they are right. How can she analyzes type when all she said is negative about the type. An objective analyze would contains 2 sides, positive and negative, so when she is talking only negatively this means that her view is completely biased and she doesn't do justice to the type. I mean I had to filter a lot of bullshit.
You don't see in the video because she hides it but before the negative likes in this video was about 90%, so it's strange that I find comment that agree with her. Can a youtuber delete their comments ?
Now @raiicorn is right, you see clearly that she values Ni, Fe, Ti and Se but completely dismiss Te, Si, Ne and Fi.
If you want a good laugh, you can look at her ESTJ video.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@lavendersnow - I dunno how to "mention someone" directly so hopefully you see this - But wow, that was a great response! Very concise and intelligent. Honestly I think she is an unhealthy INFJ. Apparently some qualities that unhealthy INFJ's have I'm quoting from a site is that they tend to:
-type-cast others by taking personal insights too far
-be overly enamoured with themselves and think themselves superior to others

Of course I'm saying UNHEALTHY, and it could be untrue, I'm not an INFJ I don't really know hahah. I'm just quoting from this INFJ from Quora. But it seems that she has these qualities and does this with a lot of her mbti videos.
@Plumedoux - So true. I believe that no type is born an asshole and any sane person would agree. I learned of her from an INFP video that some guy commented on saying "lol no guy would want an INFP girl", saying that INFPs are histrionic. Like okay?? I clicked on the replies to that and he mentioned this Loony girl so I watched her INFP video and was shocked. So I went back to this guy's comment and basically told it like it is hahah. She's just spreading bullshit, which is hypocritical of her because she says that INFPs love spreading "bullshit" which is exactly what she's doing!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
@lavendersnow - I dunno how to "mention someone" directly so hopefully you see this - But wow, that was a great response! Very concise and intelligent. Honestly I think she is an unhealthy INFJ. Apparently some qualities that unhealthy INFJ's have I'm quoting from a site is that they tend to:
-type-cast others by taking personal insights too far
-be overly enamoured with themselves and think themselves superior to others

Of course I'm saying UNHEALTHY, and it could be untrue, I'm not an INFJ I don't really know hahah. I'm just quoting from this INFJ from Quora. But it seems that she has these qualities and does this with a lot of her mbti videos.
@Plumedoux - So true. I believe that no type is born an asshole and any sane person would agree. I learned of her from an INFP video that some guy commented on saying "lol no guy would want an INFP girl", saying that INFPs are histrionic. Like okay?? I clicked on the replies to that and he mentioned this Loony girl so I watched her INFP video and was shocked. So I went back to this guy's comment and basically told it like it is hahah. She's just spreading bullshit, which is hypocritical of her because she says that INFPs love spreading "bullshit" which is exactly what she's doing!
Thanks - I appreciate it :kitteh:

I don't know if she is an INFJ - I only watched that one video. For argument's sake, I'll accept her typing of herself as accurate: she's still a moron, INFJ or not. And yes, she definitely presents those traits in her video - an exaggerated sense of insight and the very limited reductionist view she has of others, as if all INFPs have the same names, speech patterns and interests etc. Her claims are ludicrous, she has a personal grudge and she is very unhealthy.

Those are two common traits in an unhealthy INFJ which is why I don't find myself questioning that she is an INFJ that much. She is spreading misinformation and this is precisely one of the problems 'people' have brought to the MBTI. They either focus entirely on how great their type is and how to excuse less than savoury behaviours they present by using the MBTI to excuse themselves or they demonise other types because of a personal grudge or past bad experiences.

I have had good and bad experiences with most types, and solely positive or negative experiences with others - but it would be misinformed to base my view on those latter types entirely positively or negatively alone - recognising the missing scenarios I have yet to come across.

On a separate note, the way she talks reminds me so much of a girl I know at university. One of the very first things she said to me was her personality type, strangely enough. Didn't care to know mine, just badgered on about how great she was as she self-typed as an INTJ - she is not an INTJ, she's clinging onto a label she feels affirms her already preexisting feelings of superiority. Like this girl, that woman is deluded.

·
Registered
827 Posts
It sounds like she's just going into all the problems she's had with INFPs, which is fine. But the setup of her videos seem as if she's intending to be educational, which is the problem. While there are certainly aspects of INFPs she lists that are true like INFPs being judgmental when it comes to values, it's so slanderous that it's hard to take seriously. It's sad to read the comments of INFPs agreeing with this bullshit.

She also gives horrendous advice. I understand ignoring someone if you don't get along, but the way she explains it sounds manipulative. She chooses to shut people up because their views conflict. What good does that do? That just keeps you in your bubble free of INFP flies I suppose :rolleyes:

·
Registered
922 Posts
The way I saw it, her underlying mentality goes like this-
"I've had people causing me problems and disagreeing with me, and those are mostly P types with Fi being the main culprit, since people like that do not see eye to eye with me- let's make everything I think is good and I want to be seen as attributed to my type and Fe-Ti, while everything bad will be attributed to Fi types".

It was really funny to hear about how J-types seek to see both points of view in an argument, and then she proceeds to associate all INFP actions as an attempt at guilt tripping, and arrive at the conclusion the best way to handle that is to ignore them- yes, sounds like a good way to "see both points of view".
She's right at one thing though- J-types do seem to want closure more, but in this case that's a very good example of how J-types often can go with a very one sided narrative and ignore evidence that counters it only so they could have closure at all cost.
That isn't to say P-types are never one sided, everyone has their own personal view, but I think we're more willing to even consider counter-evidence and change our mind accordingly- that's exactly what gives P-types the flip floppy stereotype.

There's so much projection there too. It's painful to watch and not because of the fact she's attacking my type, I honestly find her attempt amusing (especially when she said I'm doomed to be a self righteous prick, not too mistaken there, nor in her statement that I'll agree with her ^^), but because it seems like she really could use some actual psychological treatment.
I think her main problem is exactly that "go with people who actually accept you"- that's how you reach severely wrong conclusions and think you're absolutely right- because you eliminate those who don't agree with you from your life and keep only those who know to always validate what you're telling them.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've seen a lot of her videos, and don't have a problem with them because I view them as one person's subjective insights. I like how she is blunt. I don't see how anyone could take them to heart, when they're obviously purely opinion. In this particular video, it is obvious that she has had bad experiences with INFPs and is upset that people view them as angels. From my personal experience, a lot of INFJs have problems with INFPs. It's the usual Fi/Fe clash, I'm assuming.

Honestly, she's right in some regard. INFPs are by no means more moral than other types and they can be judgemental. I even have a problem with their "sweet/angelic" stereotype after having a plethora of experience with INFPs. They're not like this at all. They're human beings who have a both good side and dark side. The problem with her video is that she's portraying their dark-side as though this is what "they're all about." They're much, much more than this. She should have labelled the video: negative sides of INFPs, and prefaced the video saying that it is one sided.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I've seen a lot of her videos, and don't have a problem with them because I view them as one person's subjective insights. I like how she is blunt. I don't see how anyone could take them to heart, when they're obviously purely opinion.
Well the problem is that she thinks that her opinion is the truth. Okey you can do this kind of video but the person who do this have to state that this is her opinion not that like she likes to says "that what INFP or another type is".

·
Registered
489 Posts
Well the problem is that she thinks that her opinion is the truth. Okey you can do this kind of video but the person who do this have to state that this is her opinion not that like she likes to says "that what INFP or another type is".
That's fine, it's called freedom of speech, she can say whatever she feels like. Most people are smart enough not to believe everything people say, no matter how confident they are in their assertions.
I find her assessments amusing. Anyone who takes serious offense to it, should take a hard look at themselves.

·
Registered
616 Posts
That's fine, it's called freedom of speech, she can say whatever she feels like. Most people are smart enough not to believe everything people say, no matter how confident they are in their assertions.
I find her assessments amusing. Anyone who takes serious offense to it, should take a hard look at themselves.
Did you follow what I write because you just jump into the buzz word freedom of speech. That was a very easy thing to say but being intellectually honest is what I pointed out. She can says what she want but she should check back the veracity of her arguments or says that this is her opinion, is it too much to ask or you will again said this catch all term, "freedom of speech" ?
Then you should take a hard look at yourself before giving advice to others.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Did you follow what I write because you just jump into the buzz word freedom of speech. That what a very easy thing to say but being intellectually honest is what I pointed out. She can says what she want but she should check back the veracity of her arguments or says that this is her opinion, is it too much to ask or you will again said this catch all term, "freedom of speech" ?
Then you should take a hard look at yourself before giving advice to others.
At the end of my first post, I wrote this, "She should have labelled the video: negative sides of INFPs, and prefaced the video saying that it is one sided." So yes I agree she SHOULD have done this, as it would have been more accurate and well received, but she didn't, and that's okay, it's her video. And my last comment was not meant to offend.

Another thing she does in her videos time and time again is assert that INTJs are negative people. I do not take offense to this either. I think it's important to hear peoples' views, whether bias or not.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Freedom of speech is irrelevant here; no one suggested that she be thrown in prison :rolleyes:

I find it funny that those who espouse the sovereignty of personal opinion are the selfsame folks who judge others’ personal reactions to said personal opinion. Go figure.

·
Registered
616 Posts
At the end of my first post, I wrote this, "She should have labelled the video: negative sides of INFPs, and prefaced the video saying that it is one sided." So yes I agree she SHOULD have done this, as it would have been more accurate and well received, but she didn't, and that's okay, it's her video. And my last comment was not meant to offend.

Another thing she does in her videos time and time again is assert that INTJs are negative people. I do not take offense to this either. I think it's important to hear peoples' views, whether bias or not.
Okey, I didn't catch the last answer apologize. I didn't take offense at her video but I felt uncomfortable for others people who believe everything that she says, you have to just check out her comments. People who don't get Fi for example are happy to spit on it without filter anything about her arguments.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Okey, I didn't catch the last answer apologize. I didn't take offense at her video but I felt uncomfortable for others people who believe everything that she says, you have to just check out her comments. People who don't get Fi for example are happy to spit on it without filter anything about her arguments.
I wouldn't want anyone to be hurt by her videos either, but people need to be exposed to other peoples' bias in order to realize their opinions do not count for much, and their self-worth should not depend on other people and their views.

I think you aren't giving people enough credit either. I believe the majority of adults who view this video would think she just had a personal vendetta against INFPs and not take it personal.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Freedom of speech is irrelevant here; no one suggested that she be thrown in prison :rolleyes:

I find it funny that those who espouse the sovereignty of personal opinion are the selfsame folks who judge others’ personal reactions to said personal opinion. Go figure.
The reason I mentioned freedom of speech is because this sentence was used, "Okey you can do this kind of video but the person who do this have to state that this is her opinion not that like she likes to says "that what INFP or another type is".

In this sentence, it is stated that the person in the video HAS TO state that it's an opinion. I felt like this was false. Perhaps I was taking it to literal, but I don't like when people force their morality onto others when it is merely a matter of opinion.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It really seems like she's been deeply hurt by an UNHEALTHY infp. I agree that infps can be manipulative and guilt trippy, but only if they're unhealthy. This also applies to her claiming that infps are very judgemental and can only see their own views. I know an infp exactly like this, but I think due to an unhealthy state, the infp shadow sides can flip and merge together with their other function stacks and create a kind of naive-believing-everything-BUT-only-if-i-agree kind of thing (I'm guessing that's what she meant, anyway?)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts