Personality Cafe banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
The reason I mentioned freedom of speech is because this sentence was used, "Okey you can do this kind of video but the person who do this have to state that this is her opinion not that like she likes to says "that what INFP or another type is".

In this sentence, it is stated that the person in the video HAS TO state that it's an opinion. I felt like this was false. Perhaps I was taking it to literal, but I don't like when people force their morality onto others when it is merely a matter of opinion.
I don't see the problem to says to people what they say/do is innapropriate, there is a gap between saying what you think is right and wrong and forcing your morality onto people like a dictator.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I don't see the problem to says to people what they say/do is innapropriate, there is a gap between saying what you think is right and wrong and forcing your morality onto people like a dictator.
Agreed. I felt like your sentence structure was dictating what she has to do with her video. Your wording was "have to" rather than "should." I know now that you did not mean this in a literal way, so I completely agree.

·
Registered
489 Posts
So, from her latest video she's now typing as ISTP.

This is further proof that people cannot take her opinion too seriously. She reads a lot about MBTI and shares her ideas and feelings freely. I don't think she even intends for people to take her seriously. It's more like a video diary of her experiences with personality psychology. The lesson you can learn from this is: don't present things as fact when they aren't. Tell people it is your opinion, even if you think it is obvious.

·
Premium Member
💚INFP💜5/9-ish💛Sp
14,995 Posts
We have been down the same road, with this lady, a few months ago. The same video was posted in the INFP forum, I believe there was a "fight" between some members, I think she even showed up to defend herself and someone received an infraction. I can't find the thread now, maybe it was moved to Spam? If you can find what I'm talking about, you win Member Of The Year, okay? I think at that time, I posted I wasn't going to watch the video because, she was obviously naked, and I felt bad for her. Please understand, I feel like I have the beginnings of dementia at times, "senior moments" are increasing as each year passes, and I might have what I just typed, all wrong. I do apologize ahead of time, if that is true.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'm really turned on by this woman in the first video. I like her accent and the way she can INFP (as well as the other letter types) as if it were one word and not individual letters. Her frequent use of the word, "Bullshit", is also a big turn on.

She's flirting here. She's trying to attract responses. I think I could go all night with her (and I'm not talking about conversation).

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Just a thought: her provocative nature and way of speaking is very unlike an INFJ - I do wonder what her agenda is, it obviously includes wanting to go viral.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I thought this video was pretty funny. I don't think many INFP's are plotting things, or have agendas to accomplish. I could see someone passively hinting at something they desire, and sort of hoping the other person will interpret what they want. Of course even this stereotype isn't true, because once an INFP gains more experience and develops others skills they can be more direct.

I do like people who have these types of passionate opinions, and it would be fun to debate her in person as I think ideas can be discussed more quickly.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I can't watch the video, just because of the way she talks and the low quality microphone artifacts stabbing my eardrums. Besides this person clearly not knowing shit, I wouldn't take someone's opinion on a mass majority of your type too personally.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Just a thought: her provocative nature and way of speaking is very unlike an INFJ - I do wonder what her agenda is, it obviously includes wanting to go viral.
I think INFJs can have provocative views too, but she claims to be ISTP now, as said in her latest video on "ISTP or INFJ?". She also compares herself to someone she believes to be INFJ in the video. Her understanding of the types is based in Socionics too; though that doesn't really have any bearing on her dismissive view of INFPs.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I think INFJs can have provocative views too, but she claims to be ISTP now, as said in her latest video on "ISTP or INFJ?". She also compares herself to someone she believes to be INFJ in the video. Her understanding of the types is based in Socionics too; though that doesn't really have any bearing on her dismissive view of INFPs.
We can, yes. But the way in which types usually are confrontational or provocative seems to differ in ways that make general patterns. I think ISTP makes more sense for her (same functions, different order) - on face value when I look at her communication method.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Disclaimer - I didn't watch the video. It was boring and long.

lets talk about stereotypes!

I'm not sure if these are weird things with me or if other people experience it; but I definitely feel like these are atypical of what most people think of INFP's. Especially INFPs themselves, if that makes sense (I know I tend to think I'm always right about everything, even delusions about how I act and treat people).... This is a fairly new revelation that I've come to after a lot of introspection. One that was also hard for me to accept. Anyway, here's some hard to accept realities about how I act and think (whether this is typical behavior of and INFP or I'm an anomaly is tbd) -

I've found that I tend to act like a proudly victimized emo. I don't do this intentionally, but it has recently come to my attention that in situations, if someone doesn't agree with me they're automatically against me. It's just me - the one lone individualist, struggling against the waves of bias and discrimination. Oh why would they do this to me??? They just don't understand!!!! Blah blah blah it goes on for a bit and I harbor feelings of animosity towards them for no other reason than they happen to have a different view. I'm aware of this tendency now, but that doesn't mean I've stopped doing it.

Example time

I did competitive policy debate. I was pretty good at it too. Not because I like researching policy, or writing out fool-proof arguments in pre-set formats, or even arranging arguments into syllogistic formats; but because I'm a damn good bullshitter.

Bearing that in mind, lets move on.

So I graduate, but I'm asked to come back the year after as an alumni guest speaker... The coach and I discuss subjects or whatever, I know my stuff so once I had an idea of what I wanted to say I didn't really think about it or anything concerning it again.

No big deal right? Yeah well one problem...

They requested I submit an outline of my teaching material the Tuesday prior to the meeting. I remembered on Tuesday. I decided not to write an outline because it was basically too late and it's not a big deal anyway. I then get an email from my ex coach saying "sorry you didn't do this thing we asked you to do so we can't have you teach on friday"

Needless to say I was livid. I felt like their rules were stupid and pointless and they just didn't think I was good enough to teach without then proofing everything I was planning on saying. Oh and they're all so conservative! My fashion forward menswear inspired wardrobe probably intimidated them! Those judgmental bastards! I've won multiple awards for my ability to win over judges! I deserve respect! ORR MAYBE THEY'RE JEALOUS OF ME AND LETTING THAT CAUSE THEM TO SLIGHT ME IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE!!! (I harbor these feeling for months... so blah blah blah a lot of stuff mostly complaining and feeling sorry for myself)

All of this is going through my head because of one reason:
I didn't do what was asked of me.

That's it. It was no one's fault but my own. They asked me to do something, I didn't do it, and therefore I suffered the consequences.

As I've matured I have noticed the error of that thinking, but that doesn't change the fact I still tend to automatically (and subconsciously) play the victim in any situation. There's a weird kind of pride and validation in it. I enjoy feeling like the world is against me. I'm not sure what it is but yeah it's a thing.

Also I feel like INFP's have ideas they've formed about themselves that they're very defensive about. If someone says something about us that contradicts this idea, even if it's true, we tend to quickly dismiss it and feel offended they would even think that about them (again, nO OnE uNDerSTanDS ME I AM THE ONE LONE INDIVIDUALIST IN THIS WORLD OF CLONES [you won't think that in those exact words it's a very subconscious reaction]).

Also we (and when I say that I mean I, as an INFP, tend to do this)(yes I know I'm applying the experiences of one person to a whole group.... bear with me)anyway... We, can be pretty emotionally manipulative. With or without malicious intent, or without even being aware that's what we're doing.

I feel like I've talked enough so I won't expound on that, but do some objective introspection and see what you discover about your dark side. I'm proudly victimized, mess with the emotions of others, and have inaccurate idealistic delusions about how I act and think (I use Idealistic for lack of a better word... It feels cliché).

Okay sorry that was long

TL;DR
sometimes how you think you are isn't how you actually are. INFP's as a whole need to learn to be more objective about how they act and react to people who conflict with them.

Also another disclaimer (ah, we have come full cirlce)
You guys probably know this but the MBTI isn't a cookie cutter. You can feel totally differently about everything I just said and be just as much of an INFP as myself, we can both be right about how we think and feel; I don't want to argue with anyone. Okay ily bye. Also I'm probably off subject right now. It's okay though:)

·
Registered
574 Posts
I had to pause that video so many times when I first saw it. I think that what she's talking about in the beginning when she's slamming INFP's is how an unhealthy INFP is. Of course nobody's perfect and we can sometimes have a manipulative mentality or become very opinionated in a conversation, but for the most part I feel like she was just exaggerating. INFP's can be some pretty evil motherfuckers but I don't think we're that bad.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Huh, that's interesting because just the other day I was sort of arguing with some other ENTP on another INFP video on youtube about her and he said this,

"the theory she subscribes to is socionics which believes we all use all 8 functions, we just use them differently. its about the valued functions. yea shes biased. It's all relative... ofc you are going to disagree with types that value different things. she thinks her quadra is objectively the best. im not going to lie im an ENTP and i sometimes look at that quadra and see why she says it. ISTPs are gods. they are all histrionic but i really look up to STPs and what they are capable of. Ni/Se always has an agenda, usually surrounding money. i dont like that."

I know literally nothing about socionics, but is this true? What the hell are valued functions? Quadras??¿¿

Also, she definitely reminds me more of an ISTP than an INFJ. I have an INFJ brother and an ISTP sister and I tend to clash with my sister because she can be fairly harsh and judgmental. Whereas I get along really well with my brother because we both have our heads in the clouds somewhat.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts