Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, before I begin, I just wanna start by saying that in no way, I am in support of killing over 70 innocent people despite their race, belief or nationality. Whatever happened in Norway on that day was truly tragic.

For the most, what Breivik did was unforgivable while there are some that defend his actions. This thread speaks about neither.

Instead, we step inside his shoes... cause for some reason, outside of all the facts and looking at the man himself, judging from his actions, emotions, justifications and so forth, he seems like an ENFJ to me.

First point of evidence is somewhat his belief system. ENFJs generally tend to appear as dark and sometimes reluctant heroes. We'll do what needs to be done, no matter what the price type and we'll pay for it proudly.

Given how this video has been done up, there seems to be some sort of hero villain symbolism Breivik tries to use which displays some sort of; "It is time for war, nobody likes it but it has to be done. We need heroes no matter the price we pay".

In his video, he appears to believe that what he does, brings himself to the level of his "glorified" Crusader ancestors. That he looks up to them as military and heroic support to do what is necessary and that in doing what he does, makes him comparable to them.

Aside from that, ENFJs also tend to believe often in the things they say rather than it being used as an excuse or some form of narcissism. It "appeared" as though ABB knew what he was doing, was sad cause of the nature of what needed to be done, yet somehow felt proud as he feels it is a service to his country.

Many apologies to my Muslim friends all around but for what it's worth, ABB did it for his people, or at least he believed he did. Through either his very intellectual or fucked up brain, he believed that the action of killing 77 teenagers was in going to in some way, help Norway in the long run. It seemed rather Fe-Ni to me.

The way he structured his video and carried out his plans seemed to portray him as a man who thinks things through very meticulously (ENFJ trait).

Despite killing 77 teenagers, more than 95% of his kills were instant kill headshots, minimizing suffering (somewhat can be linked as an ENFJ trait).

In his court sessions, he behaves confidently, unaffected by what he has done which could be a way to inspire or motivate potential followers, his clenched fist Hitler salute (ENFJ trait).

Now, these are just my thoughts and opinions about the man, and not so much on the incident. I am dissecting him and thinking about how his mind works and I think it could have a lot of similarity to typical ENFJ behavior in some way, though in a very ugly manner.

So yeah... discuss...

And yeah, given that I'm non-white, so do you really think that I canfully support ABB?

The man could be gunning against me one day as well man...

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
He may very well be an ENFJ ... There's indications of that - but, at the same time, he constantly talks about "detaching from his feelings" ... "dehumanizing the victims" ... Which would be extremely hard for an Fe-dom to do - and then there's also no indication of any kind of remorse, regret ... in fact, he wants to continue to claim that he's "sane" and doesn't even want to accept that he's insane - which shows that he thinks what he did was absolutely right and that it needed to be done.

Could this be Tertiary, or Inferior Fi manifesting itself?

Anyways ... back on topic ... yes, he probably is an ENFJ ----- however, I would like to add that it's next to impossible to type a person whose thinking is so convoluted as to commit mass murder.

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,896 Posts
Fairly certain Breivik is ISTJ, someone who is introverted and somewhat of a loner; don't see any dominant Fe.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He may very well be an ENFJ ... There's indications of that - but, at the same time, he constantly talks about "detaching from his feelings" ... "dehumanizing the victims" ... Which would be extremely hard for an Fe-dom to do - and then there's also no indication of any kind of remorse, regret ... in fact, he wants to continue to claim that he's "sane" and doesn't even want to accept that he's insane - which shows that he thinks what he did was absolutely right and that it needed to be done.

Could this be Tertiary, or Inferior Fi manifesting itself?

Anyways ... back on topic ... yes, he probably is an ENFJ ----- however, I would like to add that it's next to impossible to type a person whose thinking is so convoluted as to commit mass murder.
I see...

Could be as well... I'm just spitballing sometimes as you know so I'm also curious to see what you guy will think.

Perhaps the detachment of feelings and dehumanizing aspects are part of some ENFJ emotion compartmentalization move. I've discussed it here once with an ENFJ on this board about and he was a soldier so he explained how he had to part from his feelings when in combat. This could be the same technique but of course, for far less noble reasons.

But you're right at the last part. It's hard to type someone with mental disorders like that. I just thought maybe by "default".

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Perhaps the detachment of feelings and dehumanizing aspects are part of some ENFJ emotion compartmentalization move. I've discussed it here once with an ENFJ on this board about and he was a soldier so he explained how he had to part from his feelings when in combat. This could be the same technique but of course, for far less noble reasons.
Oh .. I'm not against the idea that he may be an ENFJ - or at least an Fe dom. I've had several interactions with Fe-dom/aux soldiers and one of the things they do seem to talk about a lot is how they will have to over-look [or had to over-look] their personal feelings when it came to combat situations.

When someone talks about personal feelings however, they could be talking from two stand-points ... internal feelings about systems and personal values [Fi], or their role as a contributing human being within an existing value system held by the majority [Fe]. If he felt that he was over-looking how he personally felt about murdering people, then it does indicate to me that he's trying to over-look his Fi and trying to rationalize what he did logically [shadow Ti] ...

However, if he felt that he needed to over-look how his murders would make others [those related to the murdered] would feel, then that's most likely shadow Te over Fe.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I'm not one for social cues as a method of typing. Anyway, yes he is ENFJ. Look at the way he uses his words in his manifesto. The way his words are so emotionally sensitive to the reader in an Fe way and his utopian vision for change. And yes, he is in some ways like Hitler. However, he decided to act alone rather than run for political office.

Reactions: KC

·
Registered
230 Posts
And yeah, given that I'm non-white, so do you really think that I canfully support ABB?

The man could be gunning against me one day as well man...
Breivik wasnt pro-white, so not very likely scenario. Idk do u live in europe or not but seems that u dont understand whats going on there: watch this video :
Immigration is a HUGE problem in europe and in nordic countries and why it is: because they are mostly from africa or muslims countries and they dont respect law of european countries because they bealive in sharia law of islam. Like in norway there is like 10% immigrants but they do like 90% of all rapes and 70% of all crimes. Well why he killed then those teenagers is long story but mostly because in norway those lefties bring all immigrants to norway and with media they dont allow anybody to critize multiculturalism so there isnt real demokracy.

I rly hope europe could solve these problemes peacefully and thatswhy I dont support what Breivik did, however his manifesto have many good points.

Just wanted to open a bit this to u guys :)

I would say his type is INTJ or INFJ

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
because they are mostly from africa or muslims countries
Really?

wikipedia on immigration to Norway said:
Among the immigrants, 250,030 have background from Christian countries, 119,662 from Muslim countries, 28,942 from Buddhist countries, and 7,224 from Hindu countries.
Like in norway there is like 10% immigrants but they do like 90% of all rapes and 70% of all crimes.
And your source is...?

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Breivik wasnt pro-white, so not very likely scenario. Idk do u live in europe or not but seems that u dont understand whats going on there: watch this video :
Wow .. what a racist video. If this video is anything to go by - and I'm not saying that there's any kind of legitimacy behind this kind of racist, anti-religious, propaganda -- then there's a serious problem in Norway - and it's not what this video is claiming it to be - but the reaction of the once homogonous people to the immigrants.

·
Registered
826 Posts
i've been following this and read the psychriatic reports on him with interest. i'm not quite sure what type he is, but my guess would be intj. it is problematic to type a person that has in any case one or more mental disorders. for instance, he has no empathy what so ever. that is irrefutable(allthough he says that he has de-emotionalised himself through meditating). he can only cry for himself. the first rapport labled him as paranoid schizo, just like the una bomber (who he quoted alot in his manifest), the other with narcissistic and dysfunctional personality disorder. it is believed that he got sick around 2005-06, when he became a hermit.

he seems extremely Te to me. very linear and by the book. he is obsessed with planning and doing things in the right order. he doesn't emote like people with Fe, he's just one note in his speach and mannerisms (the only emoting i've seen is that he sometimes smiles on odd occations).

·
Registered
826 Posts
Breivik wasnt pro-white, so not very likely scenario. Idk do u live in europe or not but seems that u dont understand whats going on there: watch this video
Immigration is a HUGE problem in europe and in nordic countries and why it is: because they are mostly from africa or muslims countries and they dont respect law of european countries because they bealive in sharia law of islam. Like in norway there is like 10% immigrants but they do like 90% of all rapes and 70% of all crimes. Well why he killed then those teenagers is long story but mostly because in norway those lefties bring all immigrants to norway and with media they dont allow anybody to critize multiculturalism so there isnt real demokracy.

I rly hope europe could solve these problemes peacefully and thatswhy I dont support what Breivik did, however his manifesto have many good points.

Just wanted to open a bit this to u guys :)

I would say his type is INTJ or INFJ
Breivik is obsessed with eugenics. Allthough, he has little knowledge about it outside wikipedia and right wing forums. Fact is, without immigration the population declines in scandinavia and the economy will be hurt. And most immigrants are from western Europe. There's also huge differences within islam. You should also know that "those leftists" are chosen democratically, and secondly that Norway takes in less immigrants now than the previous right leaning government did.

that video is made by right wing radicals and not in any way representative of reality, it's the sort of thing that created Breivik's political paranoia .

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
he seems extremely Te to me. very linear and by the book. he is obsessed with planning and doing things in the right order. he doesn't emote like people with Fe, he's just one note in his speach and mannerisms (the only emoting i've seen is that he sometimes smiles on odd occations).
Yes, but Te is a shadow process of Fe --- A healthy NiTe user is not likely to be as disfunctional. Going by shadow processes alone, if he seems like NiTe based on his actions to kill, then that could also indicate that he might be SiFe as a healthy individual [or ISFJ].

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Breivik is obsessed with eugenics. Allthough, he has little knowledge about it outside wikipedia and right wing forums. Fact is, without immigration the population declines in scandinavia and the economy will be hurt. And most immigrants are from western Europe. There's also huge differences within islam. You should also know that "those leftists" are chosen democratically, and secondly that Norway takes in less immigrants now than the previous right leaning government did.

that video is made by right wing radicals and not in any way representative of reality, it's the sort of thing that created Breivik's political paranoia .
So ABB is anti-nazi and pro-eugenics at the same time?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wow .. what a racist video. If this video is anything to go by - and I'm not saying that there's any kind of legitimacy behind this kind of racist, anti-religious, propaganda -- then there's a serious problem in Norway - and it's not what this video is claiming it to be - but the reaction of the once homogonous people to the immigrants.
Yup, but racism is rising in europe, just in france far-right Le Pen got almost 20% of all votes. We europeans arent used to live in multiracial-multicultural society and many of us think that "our land isnt for foreigners" I am just realistic, there isnt long time ago when racial-cultural tensions broke out in Jugoslavia - 1990. I have nothing against immigration tho if they come and work here but most of muslims, in Finland and (Norway too )are asylym seekers and most of them never will get a job and since Finland is social-demokracy, we must pay their living. Well since most of here lives in multicultural USA, I dont see how could u understand what I am saying ;)
All rapes in Oslo are committed by immigrants of a ‘non-Western background’, an Oslo Police report has found. The report is the latest in a series of similar investigations that have shown that Third World immigrants, most if not all of them Muslims, are responsible for the vast majority of sexual assaults and rapes in the country.

The Oslo Police report, ironically titled ‘Rape in the Global City’, revealed that all perpetrators of rape or attempted rape in Oslo over the last five years were identified as being ‘non-Western’ by their victims.

In total, there were 86 reported sexual assaults or rapes in Oslo in the last five years. In 83 of the 86 cases, the perpetrator was described as ‘non-Western’, and, in those cases involving rape, all the perpetrators were ‘non-Western’.

According to the report, ‘almost all’ of the victims of the rapes are ethnic Norwegians.

Norwegian broadcaster NRK interviewed one of the victims, who had been raped by a Pakistani man. Speaking anonymously, she told the reporter: ‘He said that he had the right to do exactly as he wanted to a woman … because that is how it is in his religion. Women do not have rights or opinions. He said he was in charge.’

The problem is not just confined to the Norwegian capital, however, but is replicated all across Scandinavia where there is a high proportion of immigrants.

A 2009 police report from Rogaland, a south-western county of Norway, found that 17 out of the 18 men who committed sexual assaults and rapes in the city of were of non-Western appearance.

In Malmö, Sweden, the number of rapes has tripled in the last twenty years, in proportion to the city’s growing Muslim population, which now stands at 25 per cent and is predicted to make Malmö a Muslim-majority city within the next decade.

The reaction from much of the Norwegian media has been predictably politically correct.

Rather than daring to mention Islam outright, newspapers instead often refer to perpetrators who have an ‘old-fashioned view on women’ and ‘little openness about sexuality’ and men who come from ‘rural areas where dated views about women prevail’.

There is also a worrying trend among some analysts to refer to the rise in rapes as simply a ‘change in sexual culture’.

Oslo has the highest immigration levels in Norway, with an estimated 28 per cent (approximately 170,000 inhabitants) of its residents from an immigrant or non-Norwegian background. That figure is predicted to increase to between 44 per cent and 51 per cent by around 2030. In 2008, the immigrant population accounted for about 82 per cent of the population growth of the city.

Oslo’s largest non-Western immigrant groups are Pakistanis and Somalis. Pakistanis are the largest visible minority group in Norway, and most of their 35,000 members live in and around Oslo.

Islam is the second most practised religion in the country, with 163,000 adherents.

From 1970 to 2007, the entire ethnic Norwegian population decreased by 10.1 per cent, while the immigrant population increased by 823.6 per cent.

By June 2009, more than 40 per cent of Oslo’s schools had a majority of people of immigrant backgrounds, with some schools having up to a 97 per cent immigrant share.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
and swedish and danish people are identical who lives in norway, they even speak same language and once they all were part of one country.
wow, I mean I'm all for not having mandatory Swedish in Finland's schools, but they should at least teach you that we Scandinavians are not one and the same, and that there are more than one Scandinavian language...

·
Registered
230 Posts
wow, I mean I'm all for not having mandatory Swedish in Finland's schools, but they should at least teach you that we Scandinavians are not one and the same, and that there are more than one Scandinavian language...
All of those are pretty similar tho...
More like dialekts than different languages

·
Registered
230 Posts
And Finland is pretty similar to Estonia...
Yes that is true, but estonia and finnish arent as similar. I bet swedish guy understand at least half what norwegian guy is saying but finnish guy dont understand much what estonia guy is saying.

·
Registered
826 Posts
So ABB is anti-nazi and pro-eugenics at the same time?
yes. there's no contradiction there. you should know that the nazis were a political party. his argument is that the way they handled the jews was wrong, among other things(yet he have no problem killing his own people). he claims that he doesn't have anything against ethnic groups, just that he wants ethnic groups to stay within their native countries. he is also obsessed about birth rates and purety. but breivik is not a well read man, he has only read wiki articles and forum posts. his reasoning can be difficult to comprehend and mostly consists of cut and paste logic. i mean, he couldn't even define "ethnic group". when questioned about it he said "those that are not us(norwegians)". it has become clear in recent days that he is paranoid and thinks he is always right. when presented with irrefutable evidence he just shuts down and refuses to answer. he's a walking contradiction. he keeps saying everything that he wrote in his manifesto is right, but when he has on rare occations conceeded to being wrong, usually by saying he was just being pompous or just speculating, he goes back right after saying everything he has written in the manifesto is right. he's clearly a mental case of some sort, definitely paranoid and narcissistic(borderline schizo).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts