Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's almost comical how a simple greeting or a smile can mean to us. A kind gesture, even on a seeming on a small scale, could serve as a pick me up for a moment, be carried with us for days with us for days, maybe even years.

Still, lots of us are guilty of keeping some of our thoughts to ourselves. I don't know how many times I've written someone on here a personal message and then backed out at the last second because I don't want to bother them. Then I get a message from someone else, just a minor compliment or a "hey how are you?" Yet, even though you don't know the clothing they wear, their strengths or their flaws, their political views, moral choices, anything of the sort... you still feel closer to them.

So I want to try a bit of an experiment with this thread.

Anyone that posts in this thread is, with open arms, inviting anyone to post on their visitor wall (profile page) & intends to respond to that person at least once.

Random suggestions (no limits!)
- You can simply say "hey, I hope you have an amazing day!"
- I like your avatar / song.
- Check out this song *link* and tell me what you think.
- *random picture*
- You made me think of this poem *post*
- Nostalgia: I remember when you ______________________ I thought it was great!
- Random question: Will you be my date for the prom!?

Throw your fishing line out there and see what happens! You never know what you may hear, and you also don't know what might materialize from it. It could be nothing! It could be everlasting!

Moderator Note: This is intended for the INFP section only. If you intend to move it elsewhere, please lock it instead.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ooh love this! I've done the same thing :x Have a comment all ready to go and then re-read it and think "Eh...that's pretty stupid." :blushed: Then...delete!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
:) It's always really nice to see a new unread visitor message alert thingamajig.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I love the idea for this thread. I've been here for over a year, and I've only just recently started branching out more and actually engaging with individual users. For the record, I don't think it's ever really as difficult as you think it's going to be, and I know I'm always so much more critical of myself than the people receiving my messages are.

/Anyway, I don't want to seem like a creep, but I will probably come back to this thread later and contact some people. I think it's a little sad that I have--what?--around 700 posts and don't "know" more users than I do!

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just finished making a few posts (thanks to all that contributed).

I noticed as I was writing on under skies page that I saw a post from rainbowchelle talking about visiting Vancouver (which is where I live). Hell, I wouldn't have known that based on what I posted on rc's page or received from her.

The same goes for jaxymack and his post on another board about ENFP -> INFP.

I feel like I'm uncovering things I wouldn't have on my own!

Always inviting more people to join the crew (make a post!) -- this is strangely unbelievably interesting.

·
Registered
569 Posts
thanks good idea for this thread. even here i am quite shy so i am not the kind of person to just start a conversation, i sometimes have started to write a personal message or just a profile page comment and then deleted it because i was afraid of bothering them or that what im saying is stupid or that im rambling too much lol. but i love profile comments. i like getting personal messages if i know the person well....well if i know basically what their like. also my YouTube channel isnt getting any comments either because im so shy, i usually wait til someone sends me an invite, i rarely ever just send it myself unless i know for a fact by looking at their channel that we would get along. but even when we become friends im quite silent. i keep thinking "what i want to talk about is probably not something they want to talk about" there are some things that i like to talk about and for some reason when i start talking about it i cant stop lol, but im very quiet other wise.

maybe i will say hi to some more people here and try not to be so shy. i do like it when people come by my profile to say hi so i look forward to that. hi everyone :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
This is a really cool idea. I love getting those types of messages. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Awesome thread! I love talking to people but I never know what to say to get something started...

1 - 20 of 93 Posts