Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What can an excess of broken promises do to a person?
What happens when a person cant trust people to help them in important areas, because they are never a real priority to others?

I believe there are people who have my best interests at heart, but I feel so discouraged every time a promise is broken to me.. to something super important. I find it hard enough to actually accomplish anything society-based as it is, so when people let me down in that area it makes it even harder to become a functioning member of society.

I feel like a burden on everyone.. but they dont really care for me to change for the better.

My parents just want to do what they want to do. They are really selfish.

Im afraid Im really selfish too, as a result. Its a good thing I dont have kids.

I feel like to do what society wants me to do, I have to PUSH and BEG and PLEAD other people to help me, and then Im in their debt too. What society wants me to do doesnt feel like an obligation to me, even though its presented that way, it feels like some sort of masochistic privilege.

There ARE people who want me to better myself, to be fair. but their ability to help me is limited. Also, I cant really say they are happier because they drive and have jobs and children and spouses and all that stuff. In fact, it seems like they can lose their sense of purpose to other peoples wills, let other people think for them.

Its enough to make me think that driving and jobs and marriage and children doesnt actually solve problems, that it just complicates life.
Maybe life isnt complicated enough for most people. I cant really relate because life seems perfectly complicated enough as it is.
Im stretching myself to even try.. I AM complicating my life by trying to make something of myself that will make the world a better place..
but am I hurting the world and other people too by living a collective path, a collective ideal?

Im trying to motivate myself, and to be honest, its pretty terrifying, all that I have to learn about society. Its like unlearning what Ive already learned in some ways.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Im afraid to ask for help from others, in ways that produce the most direct results, because it seems like A LOT to ask.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your feeling a lack of faith in humanity?
Maybe a little hopelessness
That can lead to apathy check out those conversations. It's not uncommon in fact it's very common for most adults to live out there lives in a low level of despair with no real seen escape hatch. Obviously death would be an escape but you would hurt those closest to you and close the door on any positive change. So you just kind of toil away until you die. With out any real hope.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts