Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently saw the movie The Bucket List. After watching I began to ponder all the things I have wanted to do over the years and have yet to try. It is true that "life is what happens while you ar busy making other plans." That being said I for one don't want to wait until I am at the end of my life like the characters of the movie to start doing things on my 'Bucket list.' So my question is what are some things on your 'Bucket List' and why have you not gone for it? I plan to start a list and start checking things off. Life is too short to not try all the things we day dream about.

Okay so I say we go for it. Let's make those lists and experience life.

I will get us started a few of the things on my list are: Go surfing at least once, backpack Europe, live in another country at least for a time, own a beach house, swim with the dolphins, and write a book.

I am sure I will think of more later and then will post them.

Okay now it is your turn, have fun with this. :happy:

·
Registered
50 Posts
A couple of yours match mine! :) I'd like to own a ranch/Victorian hybrid of a house in Montana or Wyoming or some other big, open area in the middle of no-where, with a black horse named Lightning Bolt ( based off of my childhood imaginary friend, haha ). I'd like to backpack across Europe and visit several other places, including Asia and Australia and Africa. I'd like to make a difference in the world, even a small, subtle one; even if it's only in one person's life. I'd like to write a book, and have it published under a pseudonym. I want to swim in the clearest waters-- waters that really could be called 'cerulean blue', that glint with the sunlight ( even if I have to wear 100 SPF sunscreen and reapply it every thirty minutes! ), and build a tree-fort in a forest so I can pretend to live there when I want to 'escape' from the world.

So much to do in this life!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I too have just been too afraid to try things but no more living in fear. I also want to go to Ireland and Scotland. Cannot believe I left those off my list earlier.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
*I want to be Knighted, ideally without having to donate large amounts of money (which I never expect to have).
*Visit the Egyptian pyramids (loveeee curses / ghosts / things left up to speculation)
* Explore the catacombs of Rome, the supposed gateway to "hell." (o_O)
*When I find my soulmate, I want to travel the world and explore every religious belief, myth, voodoo magic belief that will "ensure" her and I stay together beyond just this mortal life. Who knows what happens when we die, right?
*I want to try to start an actual business that encompasses employing people that are/were homeless.
*I want to write a book -- one about self-help and believing in yourself, the other would be a romance novel (haha, not so confident on the latter though).
* I want pet pig, the dwarf kind, and I'll name it Hamlet.
* Climb to the top of a Volcano
* Try Alaskan fishing

Ack, so many more, I could go on for ages.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
  • I want to see the Redwood trees in California.
  • I want to dive for pearls--but since I can't swim and my luck is crap, I'll settle for a pearl farm.
  • l want to go treasure hunting!
  • It would be lovely if I could stargaze on a deserted island. I imagine the sense of having open skies above and open waters before you is quite spirtually powerful.
  • I want to fall madly deep in love and raise a warm family with that special someone.
  • I want to pick and eat fruits that I have grown myself.
  • ...and also write a romance book about an ENTJ hero who meets his match in an INFJ heroine who have no qualms with bringing his large ego down to size. It would also be filled with cheesy lines and rehearsed dialogues.
    :crazy:

·
Registered
802 Posts
I too have just been too afraid to try things but no more living in fear. I also want to go to Ireland and Scotland. Cannot believe I left those off my list earlier.
I'm actually considering using some of my loan money from school and taking a tour of the British Isles after graduation in May. It's something I've wanted to do for so long, and my desire is definitely outweighing my fears these days. The only problem is that I know my parents won't want me to do this because they've worked really hard to help me pay for school so I wouldn't start out in debt. So taking on thousands of dollars of debt when I don't have to won't sit well with them. I know I don't need their permission, but I have a good relationship with them and would like their blessing and support in this. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm actually considering using some of my loan money from school and taking a tour of the British Isles after graduation in May. It's something I've wanted to do for so long, and my desire is definitely outweighing my fears these days. The only problem is that I know my parents won't want me to do this because they've worked really hard to help me pay for school so I wouldn't start out in debt. So taking on thousands of dollars of debt when I don't have to won't sit well with them. I know I don't need their permission, but I have a good relationship with them and would like their blessing and support in this. Does that make sense?
Totally makes sense. I had a similar thing when I decided to go to Jamaica when I was in college. In the end my Mom was supportive of me having the experience even if it meant debt. Also when I decided to move out of state with no real plan in place. Somehow she just knew I had to go. But I get wanting the support and without her support it may have been harder to make the move.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Totally makes sense. I had a similar thing when I decided to go to Jamaica when I was in college. In the end my Mom was supportive of me having the experience even if it meant debt. Also when I decided to move out of state with no real plan in place. Somehow she just knew I had to go. But I get wanting the support and without her support it may have been harder to make the move.
I'm going home this weekend for my sister's birthday and plan on talking to my parents about it then. Hopefully it doesn't cause a big fuss, and hopefully they will eventually support my decision. We'll just have to see. Keep your finger crossed for me, please!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going home this weekend for my sister's birthday and plan on talking to my parents about it then. Hopefully it doesn't cause a big fuss, and hopefully they will eventually support my decision. We'll just have to see. Keep your finger crossed for me, please!
Sending lots of positive energy your way. I hope it works out and then you can check this off that bucket list. :happy:

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
The only thing I'm really set on doing that's more of the kind of long term goal you'd see on a bucket list is traveling extensively.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I would like to be a master of major eastern languages. Not for the purpose of bragging but to use it as a gateway into understanding about different cultures/expand my "collection" of acquaintances and even friends.

I certainly want to live outside the States. I love my country but I love other countries as well.

I also would like to produce a book and have it published. It doesn't have to reach the status of Stephen King. Just the fact that it is published is enough to say, "I did it! Good job Me!"

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Travel - it seems to go on everyone's bucket list. Ireland, England, and Scotland have been on my list of places to go since I realized that there other places besides where I grew up. Egypt, with all the tombs and pyramids and whatnot have also been on my list, as well as Mexico and Peru, again, for the pyramids and all that good jazz. Also, Japan, India, Australia, and New Zealand for their cultures/scenery.

I want to go skydiving, enough times to get licensed so I can do solo dives.

I want to do one of those rafting adventure things down the entirety of the Grand Canyon.

I want to spend at minimum 30 days by myself in a cabin in the middle of nowhere in the mountains, not talking to a single soul and just... thinking I guess.

I will submit a book or story for publishing, either until it is published or until I am out of publishers.

I suppose I should probably write that book first, huh? :tongue:

I want to change the world for the better, no matter how small that change may be.

I want to be able to use my craftiness to earn a side income so that I can afford to go on all these grand adventures.

I want to meet my Soulmate, somewhere in the midst of all the above.

There's a lot more but I keep forgetting to actually write these things down as I think of the.

Reactions: coffeebelle and Lad

·
Registered
917 Posts
What a fun topic!

Ok, I'd love to travel to Britain. I've always enjoyed British literature, and that's what I've studied in college, so it kind of makes sense to actually see the places I've read about. I've never done it because I've never had the money--or the guts to just make it happen.
Don't do it. Really.
Take it from the person who was born here, English people are some of the moodiest, sourest personalities I know, I've friends all over the world, but I have less friends in England than I have Canada.

And that's saying something.

Also, the air smells of cigarettes, car fumes, and B.O. EVERYWHERE in the cities.

Also ALSO:
Has nobody mentioned good sex yet?
No?
Better add it to my list.

Reactions: coffeebelle

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
-Have sex again
-Get Married
-Have kids
-Buy a nice house
-Bowl more 300 games than my uncle
-Visit Alaska
-Visit every US State
-Remember to enjoy every moment in some way(doesn't mean I have to always be cheery)
-Go on a cruise
-Visit Washington D.C. again
-Ride on a train
-Own a crossfire
-Bowl in a professional tournament
-Understand women
-Visit space
-Set foot on the moon

Edit: ha CptKicker. I had it on my list before I read your post. Yes sex would be nice to have before I die, and then after I have it next, well then it just gets added to the new bucket list. :p

Reactions: coffeebelle

·
Registered
917 Posts
Be part of a Mexican stand off.

Oh come on, you know it'd be cool.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts