Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I'm an Enneagram enthusiast and life coach. I am also an ordained Buddhist Dharma Leader in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition of Anam Thubten (Dharmata Sangha). I'm very interested in unfolding a Buddhist-inspired Enneagram.

Looking forward to participating in the community!

Trent

BUDDHIST ENNEAGRAM

Mapping the Buddha's Second Noble Truth on the threefold cause of suffering -- passion - aggression - delusion -- onto the Enneagram to generate fresh insights.

BuddhistEnneagram.com

LivingEnneagram.com

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Hello everyone!

I'm an Enneagram enthusiast and life coach. I am also an ordained Buddhist Dharma Leader in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition of Anam Thubten (Dharmata Sangha). I'm very interested in unfolding a Buddhist-inspired Enneagram.

Looking forward to participating in the community!

Trent

BUDDHIST ENNEAGRAM

Mapping the Buddha's Second Noble Truth on the threefold cause of suffering -- passion - aggression - delusion -- onto the Enneagram to generate fresh insights.

BuddhistEnneagram.com

LivingEnneagram.com
Yo you are a Tibetan Buddhist? My dad is one too and my late uncle actually used at a monastery under the Dalai Lama himself until he died a decade ago. And welcome to PerC! Your knowledge about enneagram will certainly be helpful here in our community about all the various personality theories. If you want to learn some of the basics about the Myers-Briggs system then check out these links:
Personality Type ExplainedFunctional Analysis of Psychological Types

I hope that this website will let you learn more about how awesome you are!

Reactions: Lone Adventurer

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Really like the idea of a Buddhist-inspired Enneagram - LOVE LOVE LOVE the layout for 6 you have with 1-9 and asleep/waking. The 6->3 stress fixations/latent resources and 6->9 alienation/integration are fantastic - first time I really feel like I'm seeing a balanced depiction of disintegration and integration that I can really apply and put into action. Looking forward to your participation on the site and to learning more about your ideas.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hi there nice to meet you.
I never took the time to gain knowledge about this enneagram thing.
Maybe you can learn me about it in the future.

I also have a question to you,

Do budhists have some against Gurus?
Why do i ask this? Well i have done 2 JobTests in the present, both giving me the weirdest outcome i could have expected... Guru...
I heard Budhists are against it? And what does Guru mean in a Budhists perspective?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome! I practice in a Tibetan lineage. Amazing your dad got to work with the Dalai Lama. Looking forward to learning a lot from you and everyone else on this awesome forum. Trent

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really like the idea of a Buddhist-inspired Enneagram - LOVE LOVE LOVE the layout for 6 you have with 1-9 and asleep/waking. The 6->3 stress fixations/latent resources and 6->9 alienation/integration are fantastic - first time I really feel like I'm seeing a balanced depiction of disintegration and integration that I can really apply and put into action. Looking forward to your participation on the site and to learning more about your ideas.
So glad you got something out of it. I really appreciate your feedback!! I think it's key to see the upside and downside patterns of both connecting lines.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Different Buddhist traditions have different orientations towards gurus (or lamas as they are called in Tibetan Buddhism). Early Buddhism, Theravada, does not have a strong emphasis on guru.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts