Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just got a Google+ account and I'd like to have an ISTP Circle in it.

If you have any Google+ account, please add me to your circle, or put your link in this thread so we could add you :wink:

If you don't have any, PM me your email address, and I'll send you an invitation :happy:

It would be nice to have updates about you guys!

Ayu

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I have a rule, only one social networking site at a time. I have Facebook because everyone and their mother (including my mother) has it.

And I barely ever use the stupid thing, except to post hilarious shit I find on the internet that is most likely inappropriate for half of the people on my friend list.

Yea.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Tru h4x0r5 u53 space for a tenner ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a rule, only one social networking site at a time. I have Facebook because everyone and their mother (including my mother) has it.

And I barely ever use the stupid thing, except to post hilarious shit I find on the internet that is most likely inappropriate for half of the people on my friend list.

Yea.
Well, we have our own preferences :happy:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

Yea.
I mean I never use my Google Plus account either, I have one... but until I see some massive shift to Google Plus it will be mostly idle. But the circles thing does seem like a good thing for those of us who can't help but post inappropriate jokes or links.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
^I don't even know what social networking sites are for. Can anybody explain it to me? What are "updates" supposed to be? Is there a reason I should tell random people about my life, or is it just to make it seem more interesting?

Not cynical, just wondering. I did try facebook once but I found the pointlessness disturbing.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
@zynthaxx, beside the ball aching status updates, you forgot to mention: sharing your shit boring vacation albums of you posing in every single photo.
Sorry, couldn't build up the guts to post a picture of me in the living room couch, dressed in boxers and with a toothbrush sticking out of my foaming mouth..

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot: Also doing a duck impression with my lips.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Speedy Gonzalez said:
...sharing your shit boring vacation albums of you posing in every single photo.
Actually, the photo sharing I can sort of understand. I wouldn't do it myself, but it's not hard to imagine why people like to share photos. Extroverted people, especially. In fact I've always wondered if the facebook genre is intended primarily for extroverts, and if the introverts just kind of end up there without knowing why.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Actually, the photo sharing I can sort of understand. I wouldn't do it myself, but it's not hard to imagine why people like to share photos. Extroverted people, especially. In fact I've always wondered if the facebook genre is intended primarily for extroverts, and if the introverts just kind of end up there without knowing why.
It's more of a generation thing more than anything mostly.

The way FB is actually used by people may differ greatly though. I only ever throw crap on there.

EDIT: Think my Google+ profile runs under "Haithar Greetsyou".

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I have no google + friends! I'm all alone in there. Plus I don't even know what to put as my status on FB, changing social networking sites doesn't really help that

Reactions: ayu

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Yeah, I don't know...I might check it out. But I'm barely even on FB anymore, so I don't see the point in signing up for a new one.

·
Registered
272 Posts
^Finished changing oil. Oil filters are a pain.

Just bought lunch and they forgot my bacon. Anything but the bacon. Nooooooo!!!!!!! :(

I never understood it either. That and how much other people my age text. If you enjoy it though whatever. I just find it funny.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
^I don't even know what social networking sites are for. Can anybody explain it to me? What are "updates" supposed to be? Is there a reason I should tell random people about my life, or is it just to make it seem more interesting?

Not cynical, just wondering. I did try facebook once but I found the pointlessness disturbing.
why would you have random people on your list?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow! It seems like most of ISTP's here are not so eager in social networking :laughing:

I think the Introvert thing in us is very strong, huh?

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
twoofthree said:
why would you have random people on your list?
I don't know. It seems that in order to grow a circle of friends online, adding people you hardly know becomes the norm. Yes of course some people have 1200 close personal friends in real life, but I suspect they're extroverts. Networking websites must be a godsend to them, if only to manage the sheer avalanche of party invitations they get every day.

I was talking more about the severe introverts among us. If you only have two people that you can tolerate in real life, and a bunch of strangers that you talk to online, then chances are your facebook page is going to be pretty bleak. Maintaining it will seem a pointless chore.

Anyway I know it's different for everyone. I was hoping for some anecdotal evidence from ISTPs who do use facebook successfully, because I'm sure there's something I'm missing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts