Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so being bullied is usually typed as an introverted thing. However, since I believe ENTPs are one of the most introverted E's, I gotta know. Were you bullied as a child/ young adult? You don't need to provide a lengthy description, just a yes or no answer.

As for me yes. It sucked. But I got over it. I am now overly confident about everything.

Go.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I don't think that I'd say I was bullied, exactly. I was made fun of at certain points in my life, but I think most people are. It bothered me sometimes, but I just ignored it for the most part. Though I think I got made fun of at points mostly because I was extremely quiet.
Then I got to high school and everyone thought I was cool, for some reason...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just a bit by selected people ( most of which went in to fail at least one grade HA) but mostly in 3rd through 5th grade... And that might have been because I went to a very small private school for my first years in school and had up to that point always gotten what I wanted... I have been lead to believemi was a bit of a cry baby :blushed:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Yes. Changed schools, no social skills, too bright.....I recovered pretty quickly when the girl who had led the screaming crowd of them as they beat me got pregnant aged 13, to her grandfather. I realised it wasn't me who was having the shitty life.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I was bullied and did some bullying in middle school. It was odd though because those who bullied me where really small. You know who they are, the shortest kids in the entire school but have got a lot of fight in them. And the people I bullied where much older and bigger than I was.

The older kids would get fed up and beat me up pretty bad. You'd think I learned my lesson from a good ass kicking but the next day I came back at em again...

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
It was odd though because those who bullied me where really small. You know who they are, the shortest kids in the entire school but have got a lot of fight in them.
I've only seen one kid like that. It was this small, prepubescent blond kid who did not seem like he was even a high school freshmen.--I had always wanted to ask him what his age is, but that seemed rude--He had balls, though. He would always start fights with groups of kids and knew how to stick up for himself.
But god was he tiny...

·
Registered
90 Posts
yeah I was bullied when I was younger because I was so quiet.. now I'm in the adult world and there are still bullies.. they are so easy to figure out now though, just have a really good comeback or be unreactive. I like to laugh and go along with whatever they throw at me. Think about it, do you ever notice there are certain people that bullies pick on over and over? its the people that get the most upset

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I'd think that people would be too afraid to bully ENTPs. They're too verbally quick with comebacks etc, and the bully will just feel stupid.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well the girl who bullied me the most wasn't the smartest person- and the others were mostly her followers who didn't think for themselves, as far as I could tell. Most of them weren't really overly mean to me when she wasn't around...:happy:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd think that people would be too afraid to bully ENTPs. They're too verbally quick with comebacks etc, and the bully will just feel stupid.
My guess is that this was before this ability was truly harnessed. Who said there would be only 1 bully? I'm not gonna get into it, but I'm talking about the child/young adult phase. Usually by the later teenage years, complete self-confidence is already set to where it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yes, on high school. Until got fed up and slapped the fucker in the middle on the class. Just slapped because I thought a punch would be going too far, after all, I was still on class.:tongue:

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Bullying in my life? Mmmm....Nope. Or maybe I just never paid attention because I didn't care. There's the secret, you see.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Yes, it's pretty universal experience and it happened to me pretty constantly up to 4th grade.

CNN had a whole week dedicated to stories about school bullying and attempts to stop it. If schools are successful in getting rid of bullying, I fear for what comes next. Those brutal, natural tendencies will come out some how in some other way, and those who would have been bullied will find something else wrong in their lives.

·
Registered
ESFJ
642 Posts
Yea, I was bullied a bit as well as teased a lot (I hate teasing). Then my mom decided to homeschool me, and I didn't have to deal with that anymore...

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Why is bullying such a universal thing? I don't understand! I didn't think it happened all that often. This is an alien concept to me.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Why is bullying such a universal thing? I don't understand! I didn't think it happened all that often. This is an alien concept to me.

Depends what you call bullying.

At the lowest level are the atomic wedgies, the getting slammed in a locker, the threats of rape and torture. Crude physical force.

At the highest level are sneers or ironic compliments from the back row of the classroom when someone asks the "wrong" question or otherwise shows him/herself to be weak and not among the intellectually elect.

And then there's everything in between. Girls do it as much or more than guys. In fact, I think they're a lot better at it.

It seems to be natural in social groups for a pecking order to establish itself. And that's what's going on through bullying. I've always thought the best way to fix a bully is to pull him/her out of their comfort zone where they know their standing. That's deeply disorienting and dispiriting to them, showing how deep the need for hierarchy is baked into the psyche.

Anyway, I was pulled out of school at the close of 3rd grade and homeschooled from that point through highschool. I personally think the bullying I missed set me up for deeper problems later on--some I'm still trying to confront.

Sometimes it's better to face the enemy you already know.

Reactions: MGill
1 - 20 of 79 Posts