Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a little personal research, would be great to have a general perspective on wich kind of people/personalities have issues being bullied.

Have you been bullied?

Is this common as INFP?

What is your current action towards being bullied in the present or past?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was bullied, but it slowed down till it became near absent by the end of sophomore year in high school.

I used to think bullies were both stronger than me, and dumber than me. In my mind, they represented evil, while I represented good. I would try to turn the other cheek. When that failed, I would try to reason with them. When that failed, I fought back... though i was clumsy and uncomfortable with it.

Nowadays, I do not tolerate bullies, though they now target those younger than me. I have a tendency to give those bullied kids someone to talk to and confide in. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was kinda kidding but I used to put up fights for the fun of it and used to watch power rangers a lot so tended to wait for a chance to defend myself often and used to take little opportunities to fight for fun. This was around early years of elementary school.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i was never really bullied because i was too quiet. sometimes people would call me weird or make fun of me, but rarely. they mostly just ignored me. but my friend was bullied, and it affected her greatly. :( she was not an infp

i don't do anything about bullying because it's not a part of my life anymore.
and back then i was mostly passive about it all. i really wish i had stood up for my friend more.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was blessed with a rather large, muscular stature at school. This led to me being safe, as I looked capable of taking a few guys at once. Of course, I was either not aware of this then or just too scared. Either way, I used to hide in the library, which bullies were allergic to!

My cousin used to bully me though. He did this until I was about 4 years old. My dad (very conservative upbringing) took me and gave ME a hiding because my cousin was bullying me! The next time my cousin bullied me, I (4 years old) got up, made fists and beat him until blood came out of BOTH nostrils, had no wind in his gut left and a blue eye. He never touched me again.

As an adult however, I am being emotionally bullied and manipulated. This is much harder to fight against, as it is so subtle and doesn't leave obvious physical bruises. I can see it, identify it but am powerless against it. It has taken the very life out of my soul to the point of me looking forward to dying! Stockholm syndrome I guess.

Some forms of bullying are easier to spot and easier to stop...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I was quite outgoing as a child, but I was badly bullied during high school and have been very withdrawn ever since.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I've been never bullied, even though I've always been that socially awkward loner-kind of guy. There definitely were people who spoke things behind my back in the middle school. I didn't really have enough interest to notice such things.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
I don't I was ever bullied like to the extent someone follows me around and purposely attempts to sabotage my life; but I was picked on when I was younger and rejected from peers on and off. Part of the time it was undeserved, other times looking back I can see how I set up the situation. Still, I wish children were aware of their random cruelty effects others. To them it was fun and games; I couldn't see why someone would treat me this way. Now I know it has very little to do with me but eh, it still effected me for a long time.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I was always the type of person who was best friend to the popular girls. I've gone to several different schools, and always ended up in that role. So I was always pretty safe from bullies, I wasn't the leader in the class but more like the leaders assistant :p

BUT in my very last year of high school, I suddenly got bullied by some boys. It was very weird, since I wasn't unpopular in general. I had lots of friends. But some of the boys in my class, especially one person in particular, picked on me very badly. He would tell me to my face how ugly and disgusting I was. Telling me that my mother should have thrown me away when I was baby etc. It was ridiculously and I can see now that he was just a very insecure boy, whit no self esteem. And I was an intelligent, weird but yet popular girl. His small brain probably couldn't understand that ;)

That last year have had an effect on me, I have in many years wondered what made me so different and wrong, since he had to say all those things to me. I have in periods been very sad and depressed by it, simply because I couldn't understand why.
And that is the worst, the fact that some ugly words can stick with you for many many years. They can drown you.

But I have come to an understanding now, that it has never had anything to do with me. It was all him. He was a miserable boy who couldn't find a better way to feel good about himself than to bully other people. And that is tragic too.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I wasn't bullied in the way that guys bully each other physically, but I was sexually harassed in middle school, which I count as bullying. It's just as detrimental to someone, I think. As a pubescent female, to have a group of boys constantly saying vulgar things to you and commenting about the way you look, it really makes you wanna just never talk to boys again and wear sweatshirts the rest of your life. I had a big issue with sex for a long time. When I finally dated someone I trusted, I didn't let him open his eyes when we made out, if he touched me too much, I would start crying, I didn't even show him my legs for two years. That meant I only wore pants for two years, even in the summer. I wore XL t-shirts even though I was a size Small. This all happened gradually once I realized that if I wore anything that was remotely flattering, I would get targeted.

It pisses me off because no teachers ever caught on to what was going on. It wasn't just me who was getting harassed either. There was a couple others. You would think someone in authority would notice or overhear something. But no. I wished so much that someone would take one of these guys and punish them. My wish finally came true once we entered high school. Two of the guys who used to harass me set their sights on some poor girl who was in a locker room and they basically sexually assaulted her and got themselves expelled. As sad as it was that this happened to her, I was so gratified knowing that these dudes finally got in trouble for something. It's just too bad that they weren't stopped sooner.

Ha, and one of them tried to friend me on facebook a while ago. Yeah fucking right. I'm a nice girl, but I'm not that nice.

I don't think it had to do with me being an INFP. I don't even think these guys gave one shit about my personality. I was just a body.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been bullied in my school years. I did try to fight back once, and it ended up that the bully walked away because I was crying so hard. I do think my disposition gave bullies courage to pick on me unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I have never once understood what it must be like for someone to be able to revel in the actual heartfelt suffering of another human being, even if they do have issues of their own. Yes, I was bullied considerably, although thankfully never outright beaten up except once when I was about 6. It was more of a constant hounding sort of thing. For a more comprehensive reply, as I have already posted on this recently, go here.

Reactions: Cazza

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
I was never bullied really bad, but every now and then someone would try and pick on me untill they realized that I didn't take any shit. I got in a few fights that way but it was worth it because they never fucked with me again after that. I knew kids who were bullied pretty bad though and I used to stick up for them because in my mind, I was allways an outcast too.

Reactions: Cazza

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've honestly never been bullied (by more than one person) until now, in high school. Even now, though, it's just people make fun of me a bit more than I would like. I guess I've always been the "popular person" in school. It was nice, especially since people actually liked me for being a nice, funny guy.

Now everything has changed. the "cool kids" are complete jerks, and probably couldn't spell the word 'hippopotamus.'

Anyways, I get a taste of bullying every now and again, but I honestly don't care about the people who bully me, so I can laugh at them and push the jerk out of my mind.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As an adult however, I am being emotionally bullied and manipulated. This is much harder to fight against, as it is so subtle and doesn't leave obvious physical bruises. I can see it, identify it but am powerless against it. It has taken the very life out of my soul to the point of me looking forward to dying! Stockholm syndrome I guess.
Some forms of bullying are easier to spot and easier to stop...
Yes this happens me all the time, people run me over, I feel shit because people are taking every chance to push me down. People have no heart at all... And I'm tolerant, being nice to people.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Hey, I just found out about this. There's a new movie called "Bully" and it has an R rating even though it's about teenage bullies. There is a petition you can sign to see if they will consider giving the movie a PG-13 rating so that the kids who really would benefit from the movie can watch it.

You can sign it here:
http://www.change.org/Bully

The movie looks really interesting. I want to see it. Apparently it is about a kid who was bullied so badly that he committed suicide and he was only 12.

·
Banned
554 Posts
Doing a little personal research, would be great to have a general perspective on wich kind of people/personalities have issues being bullied.

Have you been bullied?

Is this common as INFP?

What is your current action towards being bullied in the present or past?
it's not common for INFP. it's a commonality universally. you guys are not unique to this phenomenon. everyone is a victim or a bully at some point. i have bullied, i have been a victim. it doesn't define me. i don't use it to get special attention from people.
you need to move on with your life. it's very common, like breathing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts