Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Banned
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. What is considered to be the personality type/s associated to a bully?

Can you rank them from 1, being the one with the strongest tendency to bully others.

2. What is considered to be the personality type/s associated to the victims?

Can you rank them from 1, being the perfect victim.

·
Banned
396 Posts
Bully: ESTP.

Victim: ISFP.

ESTP's enjoy physical sensations (e.g. pranks, teasing, fighting) and are able to be callous from their preference for thinking. The ISFP is quiet and sensitive, which creates a submissive victim for these cold acts.

·
Registered
560 Posts
hmmm i thought i had posted here..
Obviously bullying and being bullied depend on each person. But the types more prone to fit those roles are:

ESTJ, ESTP, ENTP, ENTJ for bullies

INFP, INTP, INTJ for bullied.

I disagree on ISFP being bullied in general, because theya re usually really trendy and up to date with what is fashionable and so they are usually stylish and graceful.

·
Premium Member
15,188 Posts
...ESTJ, ESTP, ENTP, ENTJ for bullies

INFP, INTP, INTJ for bullied...
I can't think of a better answer than this.

Also, off the internet it's pretty quiet for me and peaceful, on the internet I have had problems with FEMALE bullies of the ENFJ, ESTJ, ESTP, ENTP, ENTJ types. Hardly ever males. Why would another female bully an INFP female? I just don't get it. And it's weird but someone that was seen here as a bully, I just loved. I just loved ape, the ENTP.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
...INFP, INTP, INTJ for bullied.

I disagree on ISFP being bullied in general, because theya re usually really trendy and up to date with what is fashionable and so they are usually stylish and graceful.

Forgive me for throwing in anecdotal evidence, but so far we have no hard data to cite.

In my experience INTJs can usually be quite intimidating when they want to (oftentimes when they don't also). It is true that I attracted bullies initially, but I was able to quickly "dissuade" them from their aggressive posture toward me quite quickly, in much the same manner that blowfish can look small at first and then puff up to scare off enemies at a moment's notice.

Also most of my ISFP friends are incredibly geeky, awkward, soft, and unsure of themselves (ripe for bullying). Perhaps this is the difference between ISFP males and females. Haha, or more likely its just the difference between normal people and my friends.

I think IXFPs are perhaps the ideal targets because they are so soft and non-adversarial; that's also precisely why I usually made friends with them.

Don't worry though IXFPs, I will defend you as I always have.:cool:

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
You are all a bunch of sissy wimps, especially Sunless. You better watch out if I ever get you alone sunny :wink:

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I've never been bullied, but apparently some INFPs have experienced it. I'm not all that nice & soft past the surface. My Fi has some sharp teeth. I know an ISFP girl who endured some very catty style of bulling.... I think that when necessary, a N-aux has the power of an unexpected sharp reply or the ability to block out & be indifferent to reality, and that is a saving grace. ISFPs are not as equipped in those areas.

1. What is considered to be the personality type/s associated to a bully?

ESTP - beats you up and steals your lunch money bullying
ESTJ - mocks you for being weird bullying
ESFJ - "mean girls" type of bullying, cattiness, spreading rumors
ISTP - sarcastic comments under breath, mocking what seems stupid & unrealistic to them
ENTJ - psychological warfare bullying...think Jeff on "Flipping Out"
NTs - online trolling bullying

2. What is considered to be the personality type/s associated to the victims?

ISFJ - they want to be accepted (SJ), can have a hard time standing up for themselves, and are sensitive. They also express emotion more openly, which can make them targets.
ISFP - sensitive, often offbeat and attract negative attention because of it.
ISTJ - they can be "nerd" types
All INxx - because we are the "weirdos", right? :tongue:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think bullying is a skill more than a personality trait. If anything personality affects more the style of the bulling than the fact of the bully, as OrangeAppled was touching on.

E's here seem to be seen as bullies for their quickness in assuming a role within a group, or for that matter finding themselves within a group to begin with. That extroverts are energized through interaction, however, does not mean theirs is the only group to occasionally find impulse to "bully".

I was a bully, but a psychological one. I manipulated friends to follow me. I used aggressive stances and tone to intimidate and harass. Twisted logic was my weapon of choice: what better way to control others than to convince them they agree with you? Words are far greater tools for a ruler than any force of arms.

But that's an INTJ for you ha :crazy:

·
Registered
158 Posts
NOTE; I wouldn't classify an INTJ as a victim either, but a deceiver.
It's very hard to be a victim when you think of the bully as more worthless than the dirt beneath your boots.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
LOLOL INTJs bullied? Most of the INTJs I know were either left alone or were the bullies. Personally I was the anti-bully. I was the kid that beat up the bullies for messing with my friends, or in most cases I didn't beat them up I just tortured them with traps and mental torture until they gave up hope. I only beat up two or three.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Mmm it kind of happened before. I got bullied up to some extent (...), but somehow always got back to them. :proud: So they either left me alone afterwards, or decided to suddenly like me again and show shreds of respect.
It were either girls who needed attention for being dumb or boys who somehow didn't get what they want so they decided to turn mean on me.
It was stupid and annoying, but confirmed my thoughts on people and taught me stuff...

I was accused of bullying four times towards girls. :/ I was honest to one, mean to one, played a game with one (her account, actually), and was bad to one (without intending to, which was a rly bad situation and stupid of me). And then I learned a lesson I guess. I genuinely apologized to all of them. I was really young though, and I realize why certain things happened.

Sometimes I also stood up for a 'bullied' or disliked kid.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Anyone can be a jerk. Mayne inverted people act out because they are so insecure that they take their frustrations out on other people. Maybe extroverted people do it because they enjoy feeling power over others. Typing bullies won't work. Anyone can be an ass

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Anyone can be a jerk. Mayne inverted people act out because they are so insecure that they take their frustrations out on other people. Maybe extroverted people do it because they enjoy feeling power over others. Typing bullies won't work. Anyone can be an ass
I don't fully agree with those I/E assumptions but I agree everyone is capable of bullying, especially because the borderlines seem vague to people sometimes.

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
ESTP; egocentric nutjob, fits the criteria perfectly.

NOTE; I wouldn't classify an INTJ as a victim either, but a deceiver.
Umm yeah, we ain't nutjobs. Egocentric maybe.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.