1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think I got myself an ENTP?
Checklist
- Evil laughter?
- Serious/formal one minute, then playful/jokester the next minute?
- peggs people based on a conversation (example: "i just decided im going to pick on you as the left winger in the group" OR "you just got forever pegged in my mind as a loser.")
- goofs around a lot but still pulls off a PhD?
- undeniable attraction between the two of us?
- observes me a LOT.?
- inspires me to come up with random titles for my posts?
check check check check check check check!

Now here's where i need your help: we have a lot of similar interests, but conversation wise, what is the best way to go? Would he think it's weird if I just ask him a lot of questions? would you prefer (esp. entp guys here) if i ask questions so you could talk about yourself more? what can i do to facilitate his goofiness/jokesterness more? :tongue::tongue::tongue: (so we can move out of that formal zone--->personal zone)

·
Registered
733 Posts
ahem. I was expecting burping elephants. Please deliver and you will get all the advice you want.

I'll also accept farting dolphins.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
his humor is really spontaneous and totally random, ... i was NOT expecting him to say that i barely have time to react to them lol The jokes are very geeky/verbal. Can be very playful... sometimes he seems really childish, but other times he seems really intimidating. i can't figure it out. Very playful in that he'll openly just pick on or tease people, but also intimidating...

sometimes it surprises me how playful he could be, so i wondered if he was an ExFx type, but he definitely seems to be more of a thinker i can't tell. When i usually interact with other feelers, i "feel" them, whereas for thinking types, i don't really FEEL them- we can be close or what, but there's no emotional conenction if that makes sense?

·
Registered
733 Posts
:crazy: awesome.

Don't delve into personal questions too much. You don't want to get too personal too fast. I don't know about other ENTPs but I share a lot of my values and personal history to someone I'm dating over a period of time. That's no questions asked. I just let it out feeling its okay for me to say these things. And it's almost always a good story (at least I think it is).

Last girl I dated asked me questions all the time. It made me really uncomfortable. I would tell her somethings about myself but she was always digging as if I've never said enough. I would constantly remind her she's digging too deep and I don't feel comfortable so early into the relationship.

As for facilitating his goofiness, simply laughing at it isn't enough. You have to feed it. If he says "I'm going to buy an airplane so I can be the ultimate hick. Some might have a rusted pickup on their front yard but I'll have a beat up Boeing!" You say "don't forget to decorate that thing with flamingos. And if someone from Alabama wins the lotto, you're screwed!"
and so forth.

·
Registered
72 Posts
DAMN HIM. He hooked and INFJ. You guys are so elusive.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
his humor is really spontaneous and totally random, ... i was NOT expecting him to say that i barely have time to react to them lol The jokes are very geeky/verbal. Can be very playful... sometimes he seems really childish, but other times he seems really intimidating. i can't figure it out. Very playful in that he'll openly just pick on or tease people, but also intimidating...
Sounds like an ENTP then. The focus of their humor is more on the imaginative, unrealistic topics, they engage in kind of play of words. The ExxP types all give me a sense of "playful", I guess it is because of the dominant extraverted perceiving function. I know one ENTP who is constantly playfully one-upping others. So then he found himself in presence of another ENTP who started doing the exact same thing back at him. Then this started turning into regular word duels. They are joking all the time though xD I can't tell now whether this is competition or some kind of ENTP-ENTP bonding going on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts