Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
another one of my "do you do it too?" threads..

do you guys get called on the fact that you suddenly get BURSTS of excitement and suddenly light up? i get called for suddenly being REALLY loud- having to be quiet at another person's house is almost impossible. someone will say something, or a funny thought will come to mind, and ill suddenly erupt (apparently).

funnily enough it's my ENFP friend who identified it as "these sudden bursts of excitement and joy"- i don't even notice i do it most of the time, i just get happy. it almost frustrates me sometimes cos if i'm around friends who i really enjoy being around i get really exciteable and no one else can match me so i have to force myself to tone it down. i've met people who CAN match me, but they're usually ADD ExFPs. as for when i've got a bit of a buzz on from alcohol.. well.. :laughing:

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I randomly light up and get the giggles. I don't reccommend it in the middle of a prayer meeting when everyone else is deadly serious and sombre... nearly got kicked out. I can't help it, I think of unrelated things and my mind wonders, and I suddenly can't stop laughing, and then I try to explain it to the people around me, and they think I'm crazy.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
another one of my "do you do it too?" threads..

do you guys get called on the fact that you suddenly get BURSTS of excitement and suddenly light up? i get called for suddenly being REALLY loud- having to be quiet at another person's house is almost impossible. someone will say something, or a funny thought will come to mind, and ill suddenly erupt (apparently).

funnily enough it's my ENFP friend who identified it as "these sudden bursts of excitement and joy"- i don't even notice i do it most of the time, i just get happy. it almost frustrates me sometimes cos if i'm around friends who i really enjoy being around i get really exciteable and no one else can match me so i have to force myself to tone it down. i've met people who CAN match me, but they're usually ADD ExFPs. as for when i've got a bit of a buzz on from alcohol.. well.. :laughing:
Oh yeah, that's me.

·
Registered
764 Posts
^ Ditto

I get these random bursts of happiness/giddiness all of the time. I get called 'hyper' a lot but when I go into one of these moods it is like I am bouncing off the walls. My friends figure that I just have so much energy pent up that occasionally I simply 'pop' and let it flow out.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Sometimes, I get WAYYYYY too excited... and LOUD xD When I get giddy and start laughing, you can practically feel the floor shake. True story, my friend and I got lost in the woods once. We were low on equipment, and his dumb ass didn't know the woods like he promised he did. He started walking backwards and started yelling at me trying to blame the whole thing on me... and then his dumb ass tripped over a log. I laughed so hard for probably a good 5-10 minutes. There were tears streaming down my face xD While we were trying to gain our composure, two other hikers found us and said they followed "the obnoxious laughter" hehe. Laughter cures many things apparently... including being lost in the woods :p

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I almost signed papers to go to South Korea for a semester because of this. The papers are still in my bag, and I should probably get rid of them in case that idea runs through my head again. However, I'm still obligated to finish my English as a Second Language Certification because of this.

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
My son is an ENFP and we can easily go into manic comedy overdrive pressing the other person to be more absurd and quick with the banter and/or characters and improv. That kid is hilarious, and his friends all have a really good sense of humor as well (at least a couple ExxPs in the mix). I love to laugh and am inclined to see the humorous side fairly easily, even if the timing isn't opportune.

I'm generally pretty enthusiastic about the things I love as well, but especially when I'm in that "zone."

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Laughter cures many things apparently... including being lost in the woods :p
... and they say our 'hyper' moments are a waste of time and energy. Sheesh. *shakes head*

Reactions: Ace Face

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm often doing this as well...even people who have known me for a while are surprised.

"So I was thinking about going to the library instead of heading home cuz I know people will appreciatZOHMYGOD DO YOU KNOW WHAT WE COULD DO TOMORROW??" <-- Pretty much me and my friends all the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Totally me! and particularly when I'm with ppl or at the place that helps me feel dead connected with myself!

·
Banned
372 Posts
I can be calm and quiet. And then I get bored of that after a few hours and- "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!" Sorry, I believe that WAS necessary. Even in a library.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't reccommend it in the middle of a prayer meeting when everyone else is deadly serious and sombre... nearly got kicked out.]
LMAO tell them you were 'slain in the spirit'. You know, spiritual laughter.

I have these episodes, too. And not one ENFP around me to enjoy them with me!! Dang!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm at my friends house now and I'm giggling left and right because I'm new here and reading threads, anyways... lol they mock me. The most lifeless giggle ever but to top it all off I laugh even harder because they are so bad at it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts