Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently hiring for a few positions but have encountered a problem. For one position, there are two equal candidates. Virtually the same education. Virtually the same experience. Similar skill set. I get along with both. And so on.

Now, the only difference is that one is a man and one is a female that I am attracted to.

Is it wrong if I choose her?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
What is the position that they applied for? Also I think that hiring someone you are attracted to could be a bad idea because it could get into the way of doing their job or your job. If you were to date them and it doesn't work out, then there could be some drama that ends up in your workplace.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Asking the question is an important step, it means your consciousness is trying to tell you something. Which I think is that sexual attraction should not be the deciding factor and that maybe an outside opinion may be helpful. Its tough, but I can think of a suggestion that may help is to think about how they will interact with the team, their work ethic, how well the culture of the company matches with their personality/approach. In the end your trying to do whats best for the company and stacking as many things its favor that you can.

If your intention is to date her then something you've missed is that while you may be attracted to her, she may have zero feelings towards you. And that if she is as attractive as you mentioned then there will be a healthy amount of competition for her from other co-workers and/or that she may be in a long term committed relationship. Then there are always certain women that can read your ulterior motives and use it to their advantage without you knowing it or at least figure it out pretty quickly when you hit on them shortly after hiring them. So my advice is that its ok to hire her, just don't let your dick be the deciding vote.

Note: That aside sometimes I think hiring can be compared to dating, first appearances can be deceiving, sometimes it takes time to learn whether or not you've made the right decision. Its really a crap shoot sometimes, but you do the best you can and try to stack the odds in your favor.

Reactions: hackm
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.