Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's frustrating because of the 4w5 being such a push and pull type. You cannot even test properly because it seems that your enneagram is always fluctuating. I have a really strong 5; but I KNOW for sure I am a 4 & not completely a 5. It's just super annoying when I see the results because I know their not true. Am I the only one facing this problem?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I get typed as both a 4w5 and 5w6 as well but just like you consider myself to be a 4w5. It fits me perfectly so I don't understand why it always fluctuates to 5w6 lol

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
I have a lot of four behaviours but when I look into the core motivations I don't fear not having an identity, I fear overwhelment and being unable\unskilled to deal with life.

·
Banned
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree, goddamn its annoying! Like yes I do have a wing 5; but I'm that intense as a 5. Its a balance between being dramatic and cerebral. This must be the most frustrating enneagram type.

·
Banned
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I get typed as both a 4w5 and 5w6 as well but just like you consider myself to be a 4w5. It fits me perfectly so I don't understand why it always fluctuates to 5w6 lol

Me too, I know that I am a 4w5. I'm not completely a 5. I just wish those tests could pick up on that.

·
Banned
5,877 Posts
Tests are unreliable as they focus on behavior instead of motivation.
Some specific traits can be detected in many types but the reasons behind them change according to their core fear. The enneagram can be made simple by categorizing each type's "cause -> effect" reactions.

Another aspect worth consideration is that a lot of people don't have immediate awareness of what their fears, neurosis, cognitive patterns and coping mechanisms are.

It happens in all typology systems as they're heavily subject to bias.

With enough knowledge of the system, you could prove to be anything you desire.
But does that match you real mental processes? This is a question to ask yourself.

It doesn't help that some types are heavily idealized and there's still a lot of stereotypes.
ie: women = feelers/heart types, widespread misconceptions about type 2 and 6, misconceptions about a 4's "need to be unique" and so on.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Tests aren't accurate. They are unreliable. Type goes beyond that, it's more complex, more sticky. In some tests I am a 4 and a 5 and I'm neither, nor I'm sure my heart fix is 4.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
As others have said, the tests are very superficial... I almost always test 5w4. I even payed for a test and got 5w4. But I know enough by now to know I'm not a core 5. Anyone who's thoughtful, intellectual to any extent, introverted, not completely involved in the external world, or values intelligence can score 5 depending

Why do you care so much if the tests get your type right? lol, I'm just wondering. It's not a big deal

Also, I've never experienced 4w5s as fluctuating or push pull. I think 4w3 is probably more so

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
It's frustrating because of the 4w5 being such a push and pull type. You cannot even test properly because it seems that your enneagram is always fluctuating. I have a really strong 5; but I KNOW for sure I am a 4 & not completely a 5. It's just super annoying when I see the results because I know their not true. Am I the only one facing this problem?
your signature would push me towards seeing you as a 5 over a 4............

·
Banned
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
your signature would push me towards seeing you as a 5 over a 4............
Lmao, How can you possibly know someone off a signature? Its a quote by the amazing Garrett Borns. He is a 9w1, btw.

Reactions: cir

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
Lmao, How can you possibly know someone off a signature? Its a quote by the amazing Garrett Borns. He is a 9w1, btw.

I don't know you, but I do know what you chose as your signature. Your signature revolves around knowing and understanding the world, which is much more a 5 thing than a 4 thing.

I don't know WHY you chose it, and I am curious.

Reactions: EmeraldOnTheInside

·
Banned
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know you, but I do know what you chose as your signature. Your signature revolves around knowing and understanding the world, which is much more a 5 thing than a 4 thing.

I don't know WHY you chose it, and I am curious.
My original signature was ''Too many question, not enough pumpkin pie.'' because I was going through an issue with different peoples opinions over which food is considered ''ethical'' enough for them or If the food matched the stereotype of their races. I first tried my slice of pumpkin pie & I thought it was amazing. I wanted to buy more pumpkin pie also. Come to find out, when I asked other people what they thought about this flavored pie, It was apparently not popular. I was totally crushed. I wasn't quite sure why no one liked pumpkin pie. So when I discovered that quote, I knew it had to be used.

I then discovered my previous quote, It's about the well, unknown. I at first didn't really believe the quote matched up to my thought process; but when I really thought about it, I do rather not know than know things. Its probably because I've been wanting to know so much information about so many different topics, It actually began to scare me not only how much information I was soaking up; but how much BAD information I was soaking up. So that's why that quote means alot to me. I really would rather not know & keep the mystic. I rather fantasize how I would have seen it rather than seeing it & being disappointed. I hope that helps!

I am still a 4w5, through & through though.

Reactions: cir

·
Registered
622 Posts
Could be the moon :) j/k

But seriously all testing engines are not equal, all that matters is that if you have done the work, and if you are a 4w5 then you are a 4w5. Don't worry about conforming to the test results, read your material, ask yourself the hard questions, and seek your own truth. IMHO that's what Enneagram typology is all about.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Same thing happens to me. It could be related to your Tritype, or possibly your Instinctual Stacking too. Sp/So for example can resemble Type 6 at times.

Tests, like most tools, are not infallible.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
My original signature was ''Too many question, not enough pumpkin pie.'' because I was going through an issue with different peoples opinions over which food is considered ''ethical'' enough for them or If the food matched the stereotype of their races. I first tried my slice of pumpkin pie & I thought it was amazing. I wanted to buy more pumpkin pie also. Come to find out, when I asked other people what they thought about this flavored pie, It was apparently not popular. I was totally crushed. I wasn't quite sure why no one liked pumpkin pie. So when I discovered that quote, I knew it had to be used.

I then discovered my previous quote, It's about the well, unknown. I at first didn't really believe the quote matched up to my thought process; but when I really thought about it, I do rather not know than know things. Its probably because I've been wanting to know so much information about so many different topics, It actually began to scare me not only how much information I was soaking up; but how much BAD information I was soaking up. So that's why that quote means alot to me. I really would rather not know & keep the mystic. I rather fantasize how I would have seen it rather than seeing it & being disappointed. I hope that helps!

I am still a 4w5, through & through though.
so.......... the title of the thread indicates you want to understand why tests keep giving you an answer of 5.

Your answer is so obviously 5 IMO.

Why do you think you are a 4? Do you think you are a special case, and there is no one quite like you, and you think the enneagram really does not work in your case?

·
Banned
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so.......... the title of the thread indicates you want to understand why tests keep giving you an answer of 5.

Your answer is so obviously 5 IMO.

Why do you think you are a 4? Do you think you are a special case, and there is no one quite like you, and you think the enneagram really does not work in your case?
I do seriously think no one is like me, I don't know I just can't picture myself being a 5. I don't see it.

If I'm wrong about being a 4, I could be wrong about Garrett being a 9. What If we both we're 5's? I still am not quite sure because my test always show I have a strong for 5 If & when I score a 4; however lately It's been 5 no matter what I've tried. I even did an observation on Garrett for a second opinion and he got a 5w4 while I got 5w6. Hmmm.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
It's just a test. You don't need a test to tell you who you are. Especially since you already know, it sounds like!

I know those of us kinda prone to self-analysis can get a little addicted to these kinda tests, but they're simply not accurate all of the time. The questions can be interpreted differently by different people, because people are complex. Also, people create the tests and people are fallible.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.